SOUNDAWARE M1(PRO) Portable Player with Proprietary FPGA Architecture
Jan 6, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #617 of 1,094
Update on my suggestions. Soundaware's replies in purple

1. Neater case (using my example of how FiiO went from the X5 to X5II)
 As the heat dissipation when playing, we ended the plan to make the case. We are making the protection paster.
I think that the next time you do a run of cases, see if you can't get the manufacturer to make the screen sit flush.   IE: Now the player looks like this from the side:

______---_---_---_________/^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\_ 

It should look like this:

______---_---_---_________________________

I understand that other changes would require a major re-design. That's not urgent.

2. Power management fixes (as above).

3. More efficient UI showing 7 lines of browsing text, more info (eg: volume) at the very top.

4. 0.1 Ohm output impedance. 
We are preparing to develop, try to decrease to be lowest OI as your suggestion.
This is an important one and should be the first priority in hardware changes.

5. Optical digital output (maybe using a combo socket with the coax output).

6. Coax digital output pinout fixed to the common standard.

7. (New idea)  "IEM mode" with a lower power output and longer battery life when only IEMs are used. I'm not sure that the FPGA doesn't use most of the power in the design though, other than the screen. 

8. M3U playlist support. The player should recognise song file paths in an M3U file, delimited by a forward-slash ("/"), relative to the location of the file.
About M3U, it need player to connect with the internet. I am not sure whether it's right?
No internet needed. M3U files are for playlists. They are just a list of where files are on the player or computer. They should support relative paths. When the player does a music scan, it should read any M3U files it finds and load them as playlists. 

Eg: Absolute path (from my M3U file for another player)
/mnt/SD1/Music/Harry Manx/Mantras For Madmen/02 San Diego - Tijuana.m4a

Relative path (if the M3U file above is in /Playlists)
../Music/Harry Manx/Mantras For Madmen/02 San Diego - Tijuana.m4a

Your software engineer will understand this I'm sure.

I know playlists aren't important in China, but they are elsewhere.

9. CUE file support.  Gapless support.

10. USB DAC support. 

Jan 11, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #621 of 1,094
WHAT DID YOU CALL ME? lol

Can you tell me what that mean?

M1 uses normal clock. M1PRO's femto clock could change the sound quality or jitter. 
The clock in one DAP have some effect on the sound quality. For the definite reason, you may ask for someone who is specialized in electron or google.
wink.gif
  Actually, I am learning these knowledge.

Soundaware Stay updated on Soundaware at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Soundaware-Audio-CoLtd-140035019979865/ https://www.us.soundaware.net/ Soundaware Official market@soundaware.net
Jan 12, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #622 of 1,094
Is anyone else has a problem with power off settings? I read above issue with unusual power consumption during sleep mode and absolutely agree! That is always a guess game how much it will lost during next shut down.
Regarding the power off settings, I did next:

after power off - never;
smart power off - 30 minutes;
power key settings - long shut down.

So, with such settings if I'm shutting down the player it's not wake up after pressing turn on button even with reboot button. The only one chance is to connect player via USB then it's possible to turn on the player. If my power settings key setup on long press sleep - this problem not occurred.
Thanks if some one can advise on it.

Jan 13, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #623 of 1,094
And one more, why display is required a manual switch off? All other devices in the world had an after switch if it's not in use for 3-5 seconds?                                                                      

Jan 13, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #624 of 1,094
d9chere

The USB requirement is an acknowledged issue. According to the User Manual, Soundaware is working on a fix for this.

And check the BackLight Time setting. It's set to Never by default. Change this to 5, 10, or 30 seconds as desired.

BTW: Had to choose a DAP to take on an out of town interview. Guess which I chose? If you guessed Esther, you're correct. Jamming Esther + FLC 8S right now. So nice!

Jan 14, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #628 of 1,094
I will however, hope that power off button preference can always set to power off (not long press sleep), i need to go to setting everytime to make it true power off, battery consume quite fast with the sleep.

Jan 14, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #630 of 1,094
Nik is it more than you enjoyed it with the Zen? :) I'm quite curious about the LZ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back