SOUNDAWARE M1(PRO) Portable Player with Proprietary FPGA Architecture
Mar 16, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #124 of 1,094
I'd guess this will go for around $369 . in USD that is.

Edit: Added currency.

Mar 18, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #125 of 1,094
1TB space is one of the features I was waiting for. Size & Looks are ok, definitely wanna test one of those.
If they manage to squeeze 10+ h out of the battery and keep the price under $400 I may even buy one.

Mar 27, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #130 of 1,094
There are patented FPGA implementation and DAC to  support the pure and hi-end DA process quality.  DA chip only works on the pure DA, and FPGA takes over most of digital process works, such as DF, clock jitter and IIS optimization, and so on. in SOUNDAWARE product, we don't need to use some advanced features on some best DAC's. for example,  SOUNDAWARE d100 pro should close the ES9018 DPLL feature, or it will get bad sound quality.

Thus, our previous flahship product, such as A200S, AD1852 is insided. CS4398 is insided for supporting DSD on Esther.

Soundaware Stay updated on Soundaware at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Soundaware-Audio-CoLtd-140035019979865/ https://www.us.soundaware.net/ Soundaware Official market@soundaware.net
Mar 28, 2015 at 8:01 AM Post #131 of 1,094
  Actually Esther is not expensive, nor very cheap,  and the price is based on her SQ and build quality, and the whole design,cost. About 2 weeks, the price is gonna announced.

Earlier, you seemed to be implying that it will come in at under $500:

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundaware /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I want , neutral dap with enough driving power and black background with amazing coherency and amazing transparency in the price range of $500 and under...battery life vs stay 10 under is a nice plus.
wink.gif

Esther is what you want.
beerchug.gif

But this does not sound like under $500:

Quote:
  less than 800$ finally

Can you be more specific on pricing? It's already a month later than you previously said you'd let us know the price. (on 12th Feb you said the price was going to be revealed in 2 weeks)

Cheers.

Mar 28, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #133 of 1,094
  ^ I think we can safely presume that "under $800" usually means a price of $799 lol.

It would certainly be ironic, considering I temporarily guessed $749, a while back, but then revised it because I was thrown-off by the quote I posted above, from soundaware, who seemed to be intimating a sub-$500 pricepoint.

Frankly, I don't think it's positive for soundaware to be playing coy, about pricing, at this stage. They're already a month overdue from when they said they'd release that information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back