SOUNDAWARE M1(PRO) Portable Player with Proprietary FPGA Architecture
May 5, 2016 at 3:28 AM Post #827 of 1,094
Thanks nmatheis . Getting it from a personal dealer , have ordered it but hasn't been shipped yet . Initially , was leaning towards IBasso , but the delaer suggested getting the Soundaware M1 Esther . So , hastily made the purchase . So , even now  I can  retract back to IBasso ..Sound Quality is all I care of.

Need your inputs . 

Do you like a warm lush and smooth sound or a more lively vibrant sound?

May 5, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #828 of 1,094
Need a more of a neutral sound WCDChee. Sound Signature should be different than Sony DAPS 

May 5, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #829 of 1,094
@nmatheis : Will be using Koss PortaPro Headphones and Vsonic GR 07 Bass Edition IEM for the DAP .Sound Signature should be neutral , but have no problem with warm sound sig.

May 5, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #830 of 1,094
Then get the vitality edition. However, Before spending so much on a player I would highly suggest you upgrade your earphone or headphone first. DAP improvements are often sorely overrated, and usually way more underwhelming than headphone or IEM upgrades of the same price.

May 5, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #831 of 1,094
Agree with WCDchee. Analog version is quite warm, so if you want neutral then it's not what you're looking for. I haven't tried Vitality and can't comment on that. Also agree that upgrading your headphones and IEM might be a good move depending on what your source is now. What're you using for a portable source now?

May 5, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #832 of 1,094
Thanks..But seeing the M1 is going to set me back a bit , will consider upgrading IEM next next year..Planning to get Ostry KC06 A or Dunu DN 1000..

May 5, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #833 of 1,094
Agree with @WCDchee. Analog version is quite warm, so if you want neutral then it's not what you're looking for. I haven't tried Vitality and can't comment on that. Also agree that upgrading your headphones and IEM might be a good move depending on what your source is now. What're you using for a portable source now?

My portable source for now is Sony F887

May 6, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #834 of 1,094
Thanks..But seeing the M1 is going to set me back a bit , will consider upgrading IEM next next year..Planning to get Ostry KC06 A or Dunu DN 1000..

Esther Analog deserves a higher tier IEM IMHO. DN2KJ, MEE P2, FLC8S, Oriveti Primacy, etc. would be a better starting point.

May 8, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #839 of 1,094
Hi guys, just got my M1 pro and love it. One question please, do you guys use Mid/High gain mode? I feel like low gain mode sounds so much better, am I wrong? Thanks!

Congrats! I need to hear one of those :)

Mary (soundaware) told me to use whichever gain setting allows you to get close to maximum volume to maximize SQ from the DAC. So with IEM, I always use Low Gain. With full-size cans, I switch to Medium or High depending on sensitivity. I try to exceed 75% volume whenever possible but of course don't exceed comfortable listening volumes. As with most things on this hobby, let your ears be your guide!
:beerchug:

May 9, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #840 of 1,094

Users who are viewing this thread

Back