sound signature of DT770 pro 80 vs Fidelio X1/28
Feb 19, 2014 at 1:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

AdmiralAkmir

New Head-Fier
I've been listening to the Beyer's for a while now, but recently the Philips Fidelio X1 has caught my eye. They were recommended in another thread, and I'm curious to try an open back headphone, because I never have before.

However, $230 is kind of steep. If the sound signature or sound quality is too similar, then I might not go for the upgrade. I'd love to hear any thoughts about the two.

Feb 19, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #2 of 5
  I've been listening to the Beyer's for a while now, but recently the Philips Fidelio X1 has caught my eye. They were recommended in another thread, and I'm curious to try an open back headphone, because I never have before.

However, $230 is kind of steep. If the sound signature or sound quality is too similar, then I might not go for the upgrade. I'd love to hear any thoughts about the two.

What sources are you plugging the headphone into?
The DT770 Pro 80-Ohm like a decent amplifier and are ok with high impedance headphone output jacks.
Where as the 30-Ohm Philips Fidelio need very little in the way of amping,and should sound best with a headphone output with a very low output impedance.

Feb 19, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #3 of 5
  What sources are you plugging the headphone into?
The DT770 Pro 80-Ohm like a decent amplifier and are ok with high impedance headphone output jacks.
Where as the 30-Ohm Philips Fidelio need very little in the way of amping,and should sound best with a headphone output with a very low output impedance.

Hey, thanks for the reply, you're actually the one who recommended the Phillips to me in the computer audio section. I'm using a xonar DG, which is sufficient enough to power them, and I can always turn off the amp with a pair of low impedance cans. It's not that the Beyer's sound bad or anything, I'm just thinking of moving more towards something with a better sound stage and better mids. 

Feb 19, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #4 of 5
  Hey, thanks for the reply, you're actually the one who recommended the Phillips to me in the computer audio section. I'm using a xonar DG, which is sufficient enough to power them, and I can always turn off the amp with a pair of low impedance cans. It's not that the Beyer's sound bad or anything, I'm just thinking of moving more towards something with a better sound stage and better mids. 

The DT770 are considered to have good surround sound/sound stage, for closed headphones
But the mids are recessed.
I would guess you will like the sound of the Philips better then the DT770.
So I guess you will be selling off the DT770.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back