Sound Science thread for songs you can't get out of your head
Nov 9, 2023 at 9:49 PM Post #108 of 137
Just recently saw another new movie with this lesser used requiem (not Thin Red Line). While I love Mozart's....we gotta include some other classical in the vernacular.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2023 at 1:15 AM Post #111 of 137

Oh, this is reminding me of childhood. My dad would also record movies off HBO on Betamax. This was their opener: which I think is still a cool opening. I also got into 3D animation, so also appreciate the title screen (which was done by an animation company that was doing a lot of the "early" 3D animation for TV: IE mind boggling expensive with hardware compared to today). Oh, and the music for this opener isn't too bad either.

Dec 12, 2023 at 11:58 PM Post #113 of 137
The worst is when a song gets in your head … after bedtime … keeping you awake … 😳😵‍💫

Dec 15, 2023 at 1:01 AM Post #115 of 137
What we have here directly above are what we in the business call two consecutive violations.

Refresher:

The only requirement for this thread is that you link to a song you can't get out of your head. Except for the other requirement, which is that must you have fun. It's supposed to be cathartic to post the song you can't get out of your head. The song does not have to be good. Many bad songs may get stuck in your head, as well as many good songs. There does not have to be a reason you cannot get it out of your head. It can be any kind of music, just so long as the tune is stuck in your head. There is nothing serious about this thread, except that the song must be seriously stuck in your head. One song per post, no more, no less.

Thank you, in any event, for dropping by. :)

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2023 at 8:51 AM Post #117 of 137

They spam it on the radio and I hear it at least once each morning in the car. So of course I have a hard time getting "loving you, is in my dna yeahahhaahaaaaahh" out of my head.
It's catchy and sounds like some of the old stuff I did love, but I'm moving toward hating it extremely fast right now.

Dec 18, 2023 at 3:28 PM Post #118 of 137

I was singing this softly to myself this morning: "Rory, Rory, Ride me Rory, Rory, Rory, ride me slowly, ride me raw, raw, raw."
So says my two-and-a-half-year-old, "WHAT DID YOU SAY?"
I paused. "I was just singing to myself."
"CAN I HEAR IT?!"
"Um, no. Sorry."

Dec 18, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #119 of 137

And this one is kind of cheating, because a) it's not a song, technically speaking (I guess), and b) there's no actual video of what's stuck in my head because what's stuck in my head is my own voice reading it over and over and over and over again. And again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back