Sound Science is Dangerous to our Enjoyment of Music!
Aug 9, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #16 of 58
there are limited/flawed audio equipment - even cables - especially at the mass market lowest possible price point

but fairly modest cable like Blue Jeans, Mogami already do just about all that could be needed in audio IC re robust construction, 360 degree shield termination, low resistance, high covering factor shielding

I really can't think of a good technical performance excuse for $100 single room home audio length signal level interconnect though - but appearance, "story" do change the pattern of neural activity when listening too

Aug 9, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #17 of 58
  There's still magical stones and fairy dust

Well long story short, I just feel that certain people are making people like us look like fools by marketing and selling 'revolutionary' audio items at 10x-100x the price of the original components.
I personally enjoy my music a lot, do I do blind test? Yes, Tried out a cheap-ass interconnect that is like 1 buck and another cable which was a hundred, did I hear a difference? Yes, just that god darned one instrument in 1 second in one song that made the difference for me of being more noticeable. Was it worth it? I don't know. I just feel that there needs to be a limit to how ridiculously priced things are.  

Yep! I am aware of "Brilliant Pebbles" http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina31.htm but I completely forgot Fairy Dust- and good sources? 
These are my favorite new Magical Audiophile Accessory. By calling them "Quantum" and making them in Germany (we know they make quality stuff) they have completely outdone the tongue-in-cheek Brilliant Pebbles. http://highend-electronics.com/products/wa-quantum-chips?variant=961212879
They claim they don't interact electrically- just via "subatomic" properties! 

Aug 9, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #18 of 58
Aug 9, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #19 of 58
I had never seen those before. Wow! Someone is reselling aquarium rocks to audiophiles.

You face palm but these are carefully selected aquarium rocks- cleaned of fish tank Mulm with a proprietary process!
As I understand it they were intended as a joke-until people started buying them- and raving about the improvements!

Aug 9, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #20 of 58
You face palm but these are carefully selected aquarium rocks- cleaned of fish tank Mulm with a proprietary process!
As I understand it they were intended as a joke-until people started buying them- and raving about the improvements!

I am inspired!

I think I'll make a talcum powder (whatever I can source cheapest from China) that promotes better "seal" on closed headphones, thus improving bass quality! Audio-seal powder! :D

Aug 9, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #21 of 58
I am inspired!

I think I'll make a talcum powder (whatever I can source cheapest from China) that promotes better "seal" on closed headphones, thus improving bass quality! Audio-seal powder! :D

Excellent! Call it "Sub Atomic Powder" and it should sell!

Aug 9, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #22 of 58
Excellent! Call it "Sub Atomic Powder" and it should sell!

I was thinking of "Bullfrog Sub Bass Powder." Add some green coloring to the talcum powder to (a) differentiate it from normal talcum powder to make it audiophile "special" (the proprietary ingredient) and (b) so we could see which idiots are wearing it :D

Aug 9, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #23 of 58
I was thinking of "Bullfrog Sub Bass Powder." Add some green coloring to the talcum powder to (a) differentiate it from normal talcum powder to make it audiophile "special" (the proprietary ingredient) and (b) so we could see which idiots are wearing it :D

It's got a ring to it. "Once I started using the Bullfrog Sub bass Powder I started hearing bass I never thought possible!" "My bass extended well into infrasound frequencies!"

Aug 12, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #28 of 58
I KNOW WHEN IT'S LIFTED
NO ARGUMENT I HAVE GOLDEN EARS YOU BRONZIE!!! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back