Sound Rhyme impression thread
Feb 27, 2024 at 8:41 AM Post #2,356 of 2,483
...this is the question. :wink: I'm good with the stock one but still thinking about e.g. Hakugei Bifrost.

Feb 27, 2024 at 8:45 AM Post #2,357 of 2,483
What's the consensus on the best cable for the DTE900?
Ultimately it depends on what you want out of it. I for one always enjoyed the stock SR8 / DTE900 cable. It has most of the characteristics I want in a cable and gives me the most clarity and cleanliness in terms of sound, compared to all my AliExpress cables.

Feb 27, 2024 at 9:16 AM Post #2,358 of 2,483
I have been in the shadows of this hobby for a bit now. Trying to avoid impulsive purchases, knowing what was to come

Currently have something very special on the way
1/1 unit, which started off as a personal retune of DTE900, but quickly became it's own, unique product
Configuration is now 2DD (2xDTE900 DD, in a cone-to-cone 'isobaric' config) DD, 6 Knowles BA and 4 Sonion ESTs

No name yet as the tuning is still up for debate
If I deem it worthy, I will be sending it out to two fellow gentlemen @Leonarfd and @Erkil for testing!
Design is obviously my own custom, but I am quite fond of the result! Rumors say the red one looks less orange in person 😄
They made a custom config for you?!? That is so awesome!

Feb 27, 2024 at 4:27 PM Post #2,360 of 2,483
well... that didnt last long.

the original cable started falling apart so i ordered a new one, but meanwhile i was using it and the other say i took the headphones out of my jacket pocket and where the left earphone was supposed to be only a 0.78mm plug could be seen,

basically between my office, the restaurant we went for lunch and half of my walk home the left earphone fell off and disappeared (checked my jacket, not there)

So today we learned

1- keep your earphones in a case
2- 2 pin sucks. at least surface 2 pin.
3- chifi build quality will always be the differentiating factor from established brands. had this happen with Moondrop, Simgot and Soundrhyme.

anyways, mailed penon to see if i can buy just the left pod :p

Feb 27, 2024 at 5:10 PM Post #2,361 of 2,483
I have been in the shadows of this hobby for a bit now. Trying to avoid impulsive purchases, knowing what was to come

1/1 unit, which started off as a personal retune of DTE900, but quickly became it's own, unique product
Configuration is now 2DD (2xDTE900 DD, in a cone-to-cone 'isobaric' config) DD, 6 Knowles BA and 4 Sonion ESTs

If I deem it worthy, I will be sending it out to two fellow gentlemen @Leonarfd and @Erkil for testing!
Design is obviously my own custom, but I am quite fond of the result! Rumors say the red one looks less orange in person 😄

Is this an exclusive product for you or is it something that SR plans to sell in the future?

I think it will be a tough and interesting battle with Votage which will have a very similar driver configuration :)

Feb 27, 2024 at 5:39 PM Post #2,362 of 2,483
Is this an exclusive product for you or is it something that SR plans to sell in the future?
Until I get my ears on it, consider me a test subject. Only if I think it's worthy of sharing with others, will I send it to Leonarfd and Erkil to test and give their own opinions on it. Then if they also find it achieves the goal I had in mind, we can tell Sound Rhyme to make it into a fully fledged product.

Having said that, they were confident enough to tell me they would not send me something they didn't think was good and if I have any issues, to send it back and we start over. They also asked me to give it a name, so there's that

I think it will be a tough and interesting battle with Votage which will have a very similar driver configuration :)
I'm sorry, which brand is this from? We know there's more than enough competition out there, but always good to know what the options are 😄

Feb 27, 2024 at 7:42 PM Post #2,364 of 2,483

You son of a gun, I was just about to come to this thread and ask what happened to the 2 DD they teased. So it was you! Can you guys hurry up and give your feedback so they put them up for sale lol. Pretty much dream combo, you'll have to tell us how the bass is.

Feb 27, 2024 at 11:50 PM Post #2,365 of 2,483

And another IEM claims to be ISO two drivers facing each other just causes deconstructive interfere when they are both in phase with each other.

Be part of the solution and call out this misuse of a amazing implementation not the misinformation team.

I just am listening to the Volür and can tell you there is a massive difference.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240226_191526_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240226_191526_Chrome.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 28, 2024 at 5:59 AM Post #2,366 of 2,483
Just tested my new Sound Rhyme SR5 iem and found that included foam eartips elevates sound quality much better compared to included silicone eartips 🤔 with foam tips sound became more organic, with better details and more natural sounding vocals. First when I got them I was a bit dissapointed with the sound quality and was I thinking about selling them, but now with foam tips I like the sound. Is there any other eartips that can increase sound quality of sr5 even more? 🤔

Attachments

• 20240228_115026.jpg
    20240228_115026.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Feb 28, 2024 at 4:26 PM Post #2,368 of 2,483

I was wondering about the guy ordering the DTE900 inside a SR8 shell. Was it you? I also like the SR8 shell a lot more than DTE900. :money_mouth:

Feb 28, 2024 at 4:40 PM Post #2,369 of 2,483
I was wondering about the guy ordering the DTE900 inside a SR8 shell. Was it you? I also like the SR8 shell a lot more than DTE900. :money_mouth:
You can order whatever shell you choose I thinks it $50 extra.

Feb 28, 2024 at 5:26 PM Post #2,370 of 2,483
Just tested my new Sound Rhyme SR5 iem and found that included foam eartips elevates sound quality much better compared to included silicone eartips 🤔 with foam tips sound became more organic, with better details and more natural sounding vocals. First when I got them I was a bit dissapointed with the sound quality and was I thinking about selling them, but now with foam tips I like the sound. Is there any other eartips that can increase sound quality of sr5 even more? 🤔
TRN-T, Tri Clarion, H570, Divinus Velvet are all an improve over the original silicone tips... I don't remember what I have instal in them right now but the Tri Clarion lived with them for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back