Sound Rhyme impression thread
Jul 20, 2023 at 1:26 AM Post #1,576 of 2,540
Based on your feedback (highly appreciated BTW) seems like the switches don't offer much in the equation (changing sound closer to your preference)?

I was on the fence (still am) with these mostly because (1) I gotta ton of DD + #BA hybrids & (2) wasn't sure how well everything else (outside of the base) sounded on SR7. They are a very attractive looking set though...
The switches add bass which just makes the overly-warm situation worse imo. I found it best with both switches down.

Jul 20, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #1,578 of 2,540
You seem to like neutral sound more. Others like me prefer V shape.
My favorite IEM at the moment is the Audiosense T800, which is quite a V-shaped IEM. But I do use EQ to make a little less V-shaped so maybe you're right.

But anyway, it's not that I don't like V-shaped signatures, it's that the SR7 has so much warmth it sounds kinda stuffy. I also wouldn't call it V-shaped, it doesn't have particularly elevated treble.

Jul 20, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #1,579 of 2,540
But anyway, it's not that I don't like V-shaped signatures, it's that the SR7 has so much warmth it sounds kinda stuffy. I also wouldn't call it V-shaped, it doesn't have particularly elevated treble.
I'm only speaking for the SR8. Haven't tried SR7. But man, the SR8 is a big upgrade to the SR5.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #1,580 of 2,540
Ordered the SR8!
After along pause to my hobby, I'm back.
( I ordered the DTE900 during the sr5 hype era, I didn't like the tunning nor the technicalities. So I was very sceptical when deciding between the SR8 and Neon pro )
Went throw all the user reviews and finally, here I am, the same place where I started 😑
Hope this time I fulfill my long waited hunger for TOTL sound.
Can't wait 🥹

Jul 20, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #1,581 of 2,540
Ordered the SR8!
After along pause to my hobby, I'm back.
( I ordered the DTE900 during the sr5 hype era, I didn't like the tunning nor the technicalities. So I was very sceptical when deciding between the SR8 and Neon pro )
Went throw all the user reviews and finally, here I am, the same place where I started 😑
Hope this time I fulfill my long waited hunger for TOTL sound.
Can't wait 🥹
The SR8 is probably the best TOTL for 750$ until a new killer TOTL appears. :dt880smile: AüR tribrid? Time will tell.

Jul 20, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #1,582 of 2,540
Shameless plug to find this great IEM a new home - selling my SR8 with delivery within the UK. Please see my signature for the classifieds advert.

Jul 20, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #1,583 of 2,540
I'm only speaking for the SR8. Haven't tried SR7. But man, the SR8 is a big upgrade to the SR5.
congrats on your SR8! Yes huge upgrades👍

Jul 21, 2023 at 5:06 AM Post #1,586 of 2,540
Well... when you say big boys 🤔😊?

Let's assume you're referring to SA6mk2, SoftEars Studio4, Moondrop S8, Symphonium Meteor, all BA sets [in all fairness the only set close to the above I have is SA6Ultra... wasn't exactly thrilled, just sayin]. Did pick up Leisurely Audio L8S and EPZ530... both truly are amazing & deserve enhanced attention for superb efforts.

SR8 definitely "trades blows" (shout-out to Akros!) with any of the top tier sets on the playing field. Being completely candid... SR8 is extraordinary & plays on a whole different level.

SR8 doesn't sound like any other iems; other iems want to sound like SR8, that's how magical it is.

SR8's replay will make you pause before you buy any other set... it's that exceptional. We haven't even discussed how the switches open up a whole new listening experience threshold. I typically use 1-2 (both up) setting.

When I first got the Tanchjim Oxygen, it actually made me excited to get more sets. SR8 is constantly whispering 'can that set be better?' Not sure if other sets can...

The first sentence above is why I haven't snatched up Penon Turbo... SR8 makes me actually put other purchases into perspective of what will they REALLY bring to the table (no shade to Turbo; Penon/ISN/Tansio Mirai sets ALWAYS grab my attention... & cash 💸 💰 🤑).
I'm just looking for an endgame set that is a game changer in the area of imaging, soundstage, resolution and detail retrieval (mostly macro-detail). A set that can pick up every nuance in the recording and still be musical at the same time?

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2023 at 6:49 AM Post #1,587 of 2,540
Any SPC would probably do. I'm using Xinhs SPC aka Whitecrane. ISN G4 should be great too.
Different SPC cables have different tonality balance. White Crane is quite neutral as well as ISN S8 / S16. NiceHCK MeetAlice has a bit darker presentation, with punchy tight bass. I would advise better: 4-Strand FURUTCH PURE PCOCC.
The cable makes mid-centered presentation with very deep bass and enough bright treble. Resolution, clarity, clearness and details are much better any Penon/ISN/NiceHCK/XINHS cables. Usability is not the best due to its weigh and a little stiffness.
One caveat: as I know full-BA sets are very capricious about cables, my Dunu Studio SA4 can't accept this cable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back