Sound Rhyme impression thread
May 5, 2023 at 7:29 AM Post #1,098 of 2,541
Don't let the FOMO grow. Just be patient and really enjoy it when it comes! :)

In reality, performance is great, but probably only incremental over your other sets and so you're not missing out on as much as you think.

Last edited:
May 5, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #1,103 of 2,541
@Neithan I wanted to get sr8s but looks like i have to wait more, meanwhile i can get sr5s, seems like good daily use iems. how does they compare to tanchjim O2? just to get an idea

May 5, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #1,104 of 2,541
@Neithan I wanted to get sr8s but looks like i have to wait more, meanwhile i can get sr5s, seems like good daily use iems. how does they compare to tanchjim O2? just to get an idea

I've not heard the SR5 but I imagine it would be closer to your S12 Pro in terms technicalities but with a warmer tonality and more 'natural' bass and treble. Obviously you may sacrifice some speed but multi-driver IEMs tend to cope well with complex stuff anyway.

Let us know how you get on :)!

May 5, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #1,105 of 2,541
The O2 it's a warm IEM. I have mine since 2019, and in some ways I can understand why people like it, but for me I always found it a bit congested.

The SR5 is nothing like the O2. It's a more neutral bright set with good bass. It's a very good IEM for every music types, especially Rock/Metal, etc...
One must ignore the original cable and tips and go for some tips and cable rolling.
I think if it's paired with the correct cable and tips, it can be the endgame for a lot of people... It would be for me, if I stoped coming here everyday 🥲

May 5, 2023 at 2:39 PM Post #1,109 of 2,541

Users who are viewing this thread

Back