Sound Rhyme impression thread
May 3, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #1,066 of 2,541
SR8 first impressions, both tuning switches on, stock tips:

Takes nothing to drive. Everything all at once. Very resolving. These would absolutely rip apart a poor recording. I’m listening to FLACs and I think I can hear some flaws. It brings out the background hiss of the recording, the noise of a piano being played, the physical sound of wood and pedals as it’s played. It’s quite distracting. Everything has a light shone on it. It’s still cohesive but it can at times feel overbearing. I keep turning the volume down to hear less, more song less detail.

The bass is good, goes deep. It’s got a decent physicality to it for a BA. Harmonic echoes in the bass are reproduced very well. Quite spacious. Echoes and edges of noise whizz about. Probably more an effect of resolving ability rather than a big stage. It picks up so many artefacts from a recording anything thats roughly recorded suffers. Highly polished production, which can be bland, gets real character though.

Very robust low to midrange. “Warm” would seem a bit of a misnomer with such a precision set. It doesn’t have a lushness but it’s very strong in the lows. There’s a lot of detail in there, not just clarity through a pushed treble. The SR8 resolves up and down the frequencies. Have been listening to Senn IE600 and MEST2 - no technical slouches, but not like this. Neither carry the same weight in the mids. MEST2 much warmer and softer. Neither have this detail and separation or are as attention holding as the SR8. Potentially the MEST2 is more musical. Very different presentation. Horses for courses.

Listened to Radiohead Kid A. Picking up micro rhythms in guitar strikes. I know that album inside out and there were things showing up I hadn’t been conscious of. Extra elements to familiar sounds. I can switch attention from one instrument to another and follow it. It’s musical, not sterile. Vocals are great. Very clean. Yeah this is very good.
D125D146-C0D0-485C-A424-6F833286F961.jpeg

Last edited:
May 3, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #1,069 of 2,541
SR8 first impressions, both tuning switches on, stock tips:

Takes nothing to drive. Everything all at once. Very resolving. These would absolutely rip apart a poor recording. I’m listening to FLACs and I think I can hear some flaws. It brings out the background hiss of the recording, the noise of a piano being played, the physical sound of wood and pedals as it’s played. It’s quite distracting. Everything has a light shone on it. It’s still cohesive but it can at times feel overbearing. I keep turning the volume down to hear less, more song less detail.

The bass is good, goes deep. It’s got a decent physicality to it for a BA. Harmonic echoes in the bass are reproduced very well. Quite spacious. Echoes and edges of noise whizz about. Probably more an effect of resolving ability rather than a big stage. It picks up so many artefacts from a recording anything thats roughly recorded suffers. Highly polished production, which can be bland, gets real character though.

Very robust low to midrange. “Warm” would seem a bit of a misnomer with such a precision set. It doesn’t have a lushness but it’s very strong in the lows. There’s a lot of detail in there, not just clarity through a pushed treble. The SR8 resolves up and down the frequencies. Have been listening to Senn IE600 and MEST2 - no technical slouches, but not like this. Neither carry the same weight in the mids. MEST2 much warmer and softer. Neither have this detail and separation or are as attention holding as the SR8. Potentially the MEST2 is more musical. Very different presentation. Horses for courses.

Listened to Radiohead Kid A. Picking up micro rhythms in guitar strikes. I know that album inside out and there were things showing up I hadn’t been conscious of. Extra elements to familiar sounds. I can switch attention from one instrument to another and follow it. It’s musical, not sterile. Vocals are great. Very clean. Yeah this is very good.
D125D146-C0D0-485C-A424-6F833286F961.jpeg
I want this IEM so badly ❤️

May 3, 2023 at 8:25 PM Post #1,070 of 2,541
IMG_8066.jpeg

These beauties are really addicting. Put on some TRI clarion tips and with my hansound gold silver alloy and high purity copper cable it sounds extremely impressive. I’m still shocked at how little this iem cost. SR8 Hype!

May 3, 2023 at 9:02 PM Post #1,071 of 2,541

These beauties are really addicting. Put on some TRI clarion tips and with my hansound gold silver alloy and high purity copper cable it sounds extremely impressive. I’m still shocked at how little this iem cost. SR8 Hype!
Beautiful, congrats. Some have reported sibilance with the Clarion tips...not so for your discerning ears?

Also, where did you source that handsome cable for for U.S. delivery?

Last edited:
May 3, 2023 at 9:35 PM Post #1,072 of 2,541
Beautiful, congrats. Some have reported sibilance with the Clarion tips...not so for your discerning ears?

Also, where did you source that handsome cable from for U.S. delivery?
I have not heard any sibilance at all thankfully. I feel the clarion tips opened up the sound a bit more especially since I prefer the warmth of both switches on.

The cable is the stock cable for my Phonix Le which is made by HanSound. I don’t see it on their website, the closest being the Torfa cable but it cost more than the SR8!

I’ve been enjoying this iem immensely.

May 4, 2023 at 5:57 AM Post #1,073 of 2,541
I have not heard any sibilance at all thankfully. I feel the clarion tips opened up the sound a bit more especially since I prefer the warmth of both switches on.

The cable is the stock cable for my Phonix Le which is made by HanSound. I don’t see it on their website, the closest being the Torfa cable but it cost more than the SR8!

I’ve been enjoying this iem immensely.

A comparative bargain, ey? Make sure to roll through your tips. Clarions are pretty good for enhancing air but you might find Tenmak Whirlwinds offer better staging depth.

May 4, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #1,074 of 2,541
IMG_8066.jpeg

Can u make comparison your SR8 and Phnix LE ? which one has better technicality in term of detail , soundstage and imaging?

May 4, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #1,075 of 2,541
A comparative bargain, ey? Make sure to roll through your tips. Clarions are pretty good for enhancing air but you might find Tenmak Whirlwinds offer better staging depth.
For people using TRI Clarion
H570 ear tips handles what Clarion does in a better way.

I’ve summarized several links that many could try to source from your country (US/EU/UK/etc)

It’s highly recommended on SR8 as well

May 4, 2023 at 10:54 AM Post #1,076 of 2,541
For people using TRI Clarion
H570 ear tips handles what Clarion does in a better way.

I’ve summarized several links that many could try to source from your country (US/EU/UK/etc)

It’s highly recommended on SR8 as well

for these bigger shells I like also Tanchjim T-APB T300T - H570 might be slightly better but I prefer comfort of T300

May 4, 2023 at 10:57 AM Post #1,077 of 2,541
for these bigger shells I like also Tanchjim T-APB T300T - H570 might be slightly better but I prefer comfort of T300

Good selection too for T-AirPressureBalance T300T👍

May 4, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #1,078 of 2,541
It's so depressing to me that you guys get to try all these different tips. If they aren't at least 14mm they are too small for me.....:slight_frown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back