Sound Rhyme impression thread
May 2, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #1,052 of 2,541
I really thought you hade the SR8. So you still didn't got a board of the Sound Rhyme wagon?
I have a budget to keep this year for buying, I want to give AüR a chance and get all their sets coming out this year. Aurora this month, and in some months Ascension, and later this year Allusion. I specially think that Aurora and Allusion going to make some brands shake, similar to how both Sound Rhyme and AüR already is doing.

I just read in here and enjoy seeing good value brands like Sound Rhyme succeed, what is for me maybe the most interesting is seeing where Sound Rhyme evolves over the year. I have big hopes for the dte900 when retuned. 😊

May 2, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #1,053 of 2,541
I have a budget to keep this year for buying, I want to give AüR a chance and get all their sets coming out this year. Aurora this month, and in some months Ascension, and later this year Allusion. I specially think that Aurora and Allusion going to make some brands shake, similar to how both Sound Rhyme and AüR already is doing.

I just read in here and enjoy seeing good value brands like Sound Rhyme succeed, what is for me maybe the most interesting is seeing where Sound Rhyme evolves over the year. I have big hopes for the dte900 when retuned. 😊
I understand. Meantime I hope you are able to listen to some of Sound Rhyme IEM 😁.
And I hope to listen some of the Aür IEMs

May 2, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #1,054 of 2,541
My speculation:

SoundRhyme factory = qdc entry level model ODM?

qdc‘s nepture package
0F13F577-A69E-4730-9F0F-33B09E8E5E73.jpeg

Sound Rhyme package
E086493D-8DDB-4B88-9F81-2EC5D65135BB.jpeg

qdc Uranus package:
CBF20E90-AA04-41D5-AB24-AF34A5156C33.jpeg

🤔……
recycled package?

May 2, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #1,055 of 2,541
May 2, 2023 at 5:01 PM Post #1,056 of 2,541
I’m waiting EST50 maybe I’ve wrong but would help me to understand if SR would be too bright or not for me.
@AmericanSpirit i found both FR with W1 tips, looks pretty similar.
I’d get DTE900 instead of DTE500 if SR will retune it right and would be better than cheaper model😉

1683061211196.jpeg

May 2, 2023 at 5:08 PM Post #1,057 of 2,541
It was shared on discovery thread, but here is another measurement of DTE500.

Holy….!
Look at it’s treble extension😍

No wonder I feel DTE500 is the best EST implementation.

It’s so crystal.
9208F5E2-F6B8-4897-AAA6-1F36DAB97B81.jpeg

W1 make them sound so similar!
IMG_5654.jpeg

May 2, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #1,058 of 2,541
I’m waiting EST50 maybe I’ve wrong but would help me to understand if SR would be too bright or not for me.
@AmericanSpirit i found both FR with W1 tips, looks pretty similar.
I’d get DTE900 instead of DTE500 if SR will retune it right and would be better than cheaper model😉

1683061211196.jpeg
That will be nice we have only few inputs about DTE900😱

May 2, 2023 at 5:32 PM Post #1,059 of 2,541
We will see if sound rhyme will retune DTE900 and if Penon will grab it🤭

May 3, 2023 at 12:17 AM Post #1,061 of 2,541
Sound Rhyme SR8 and SR5 are in the house!!

I have been listening to the SR8 (in stock mode 1-1) for about 4 hours now and I really am liking it. It is quite exceptional at what you can get right now for the money. The resolution on SR8 rivals some TOTL for sure. SR8 is a more linear(flat) sound. It presents everything up front and IMO lacks some subtlety/nuance in its over all presentation. However it is completely engaging and has a great balance of macro to micro detail. The signature has warmth to it, which I like. The stage is on the average side in all directions. Vocals have great center imaging. My biggest caveat is Layering and where SR8 falls a bit...Flat. This is not to say the soundfield is not separated because it is extremely separated, however lacking that contrast of depth. At any rate, I very much enjoy this iem and I havent been able to take them out, and at the end of the day that is what matters. I would give these an overwhelming applause for musicality with elegant detail. Jazz especially shines with this set. FWIW I did not like the 0-0 setting at all, I have not tried any other combo setting yet. The SR8 is exceptional and an iem I would feel more than comfortable recommending. Thanks to all of you here for the push in the right direction. More to come....

May 3, 2023 at 4:16 AM Post #1,065 of 2,541
Sound Rhyme SR8 and SR5 are in the house!!

I have been listening to the SR8 (in stock mode 1-1) for about 4 hours now and I really am liking it. It is quite exceptional at what you can get right now for the money. The resolution on SR8 rivals some TOTL for sure. SR8 is a more linear(flat) sound. It presents everything up front and IMO lacks some subtlety/nuance in its over all presentation. However it is completely engaging and has a great balance of macro to micro detail. The signature has warmth to it, which I like. The stage is on the average side in all directions. Vocals have great center imaging. My biggest caveat is Layering and where SR8 falls a bit...Flat. This is not to say the soundfield is not separated because it is extremely separated, however lacking that contrast of depth. At any rate, I very much enjoy this iem and I havent been able to take them out, and at the end of the day that is what matters. I would give these an overwhelming applause for musicality with elegant detail. Jazz especially shines with this set. FWIW I did not like the 0-0 setting at all, I have not tried any other combo setting yet. The SR8 is exceptional and an iem I would feel more than comfortable recommending. Thanks to all of you here for the push in the right direction. More to come....

Good to hear you're enjoying it - alongside NP I don't think there's better value sub $1k for a balance of tonality-technicality and in the case of SR8, versatility. The less distinct layering and 'depth' in the soundfield is probably the most noticeable weakness if there is one.

Also interesting that you don't like 0-0. It's these opinions that are useful to share when trying to understand everyones tastes. 0-0 is flatter and reminds me of an earbud presentation (which is something I really enjoy). Very open, realistic (to me), maybe lacking weight at the low end, again like most, but not all, earbuds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back