Sound Rhyme impression thread
May 5, 2023 at 9:02 PM Post #1,111 of 2,541
Hello, has anyone here compared the SR5 with the Orchestra Lite ?
I'm looking for giving a substantial upgrade IEM from a 7hz Zero to a relative :slight_smile:

May 6, 2023 at 5:23 AM Post #1,112 of 2,541
Received my SR5 yesterday. It doesn't fit good due to strange nozzle angle, so it will be problem with tips matching. So far the best sitting is with Tanchjim t300b. I know, first impressions are often wrong, so I will shortly describe how the sound changed after ~15 hours of use and burning-in. First of all, I was impressed by the incredible detail and how treble is too forward, as if other frequencies were in the shadow of the treble. After night of burning-in with help of EveningStar burn-in device and my most smooth, clear, neutral and correct Hiclass cable I found more powerful bass and softer treble. So far I'm very glad by the purchase. Will burn further.

Last edited:
May 6, 2023 at 6:12 AM Post #1,113 of 2,541
Received my RS5 yesterday. It doesn't fit good due to strange nozzle angle, so it will be problem with tips matching. So far the best sitting is with Tanchjim t300b. I know, first impressions are often wrong, so I will shortly describe how the sound changed after ~15 hours of use and burning-in. First of all, I was impressed by the incredible detail and how treble is too forward, as if other frequencies were in the shadow of the treble. After night of burning-in with help of EveningStar burn-in device and my most smooth, clear, neutral and correct Hiclass cable I found more powerful bass and softer treble. So far I'm very glad by the purchase. Will burn further.
You are talking about the SR5 right?
In terms of tips, try a few because tips can make or break an IEM. I'm using TRN T tips and they are great. The TRI Clarion and the Feaulle H570 are also some of the favourites here.

BTW the EveningStar burn-in device the only thing that does is white/pink noise or does something else?

May 6, 2023 at 8:25 AM Post #1,114 of 2,541
You are talking about the SR5 right?
In terms of tips, try a few because tips can make or break an IEM. I'm using TRN T tips and they are great. The TRI Clarion and the Feaulle H570 are also some of the favourites here.

BTW the EveningStar burn-in device the only thing that does is white/pink noise or does something else?
I have H570 L size and due to nozzle form I can't catch the bass correctly. I will try later other sizes and other tips. Thank you.
EveningStar only produces different frequencie noise.

May 6, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #1,116 of 2,541
@ian91 i do prefer the o2 natural presentation over s12pro, if sr5 have that then its a good thing.
@Neithan same, i also have 2019 set, and have same gripe with o2 it doesn't keep up with songs having lot of instruments. Natural presentation + details like s12 would b nice to have. 🙌

May 6, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #1,118 of 2,541
@ian91 i do prefer the o2 natural presentation over s12pro, if sr5 have that then its a good thing.
@Neithan same, i also have 2019 set, and have same gripe with o2 it doesn't keep up with songs having lot of instruments. Natural presentation + details like s12 would b nice to have. 🙌
I have a O2, Timeless OG, SR5, Toneking T16s and a AT CKR90, and I think the SR5 has the most natural sound of them all. The O2 it's way better since I pair it with the PWA Cooper28 v2 cable, before that I found it a bit to warm.
For its price you can't go wrong with the SR5.

May 6, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #1,119 of 2,541
I have a O2, Timeless OG, SR5, Toneking T16s and a AT CKR90, and I think the SR5 has the most natural sound of them all. The O2 it's way better since I pair it with the PWA Cooper28 v2 cable, before that I found it a bit to warm.
For staging, imaging, and the holographics the SR5 is genuinely amazing. It does have one problem to me...the timbre of the bass, but the mids make up for the bass. Maybe an ADLC would have made it unbeatable. All in all if it's given some hard driving it's a great IEM.

May 6, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #1,120 of 2,541
For staging, imaging, and the holographics the SR5 is genuinely amazing. It does have one problem to me...the timbre of the bass, but the mids make up for the bass. Maybe an ADLC would have made it unbeatable. All in all if it's given some hard driving it's a great IEM.
After I perfected my EQ settings the treble is the most amazing I have ever heard. Super clean.

You have to keep in mind that I use a maximum amount of DSP and EQ.

May 6, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #1,121 of 2,541
thats great! so its a clear step up im guessing, how does the sr5 keeps up in soundstage department vs o2? imaging is already approved by @dharmasteve :o2smile:
SR5 has ridiculous good technicalities. A huge upgrade from HEXA technicalities. If you drive this iem with desktop gear it sounds so highly resolving.
extube if i remember correctly you have xinhs graphene cable ? how it pairs with it, coz i own one and will b using it for now.

May 6, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #1,122 of 2,541
extube if i remember correctly you have xinhs graphene cable ? how it pairs with it, coz i own one and will b using it for now.
I moved to the BlackSoul cable now. Graphene cables sound good but a little brighter then copper cables.

As soon as I find the right tips the SR5 will be the endgame for me.

May 6, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #1,124 of 2,541
thats great! so its a clear step up im guessing, how does the sr5 keeps up in soundstage department vs o2? imaging is already approved by @dharmasteve :o2smile:
I will have to listen to them again to be able to answer to that question because soundstage is something I don't care as much as other technicalities such as separation, details, air and of course, treble, mids and bass 😊.
From the top of my head I would say that the O2 might have a bigger soundstage. But take that with a grain of salt.

May 6, 2023 at 9:13 PM Post #1,125 of 2,541
I've been lurking this thread. I just got a SR8 and SR5 on loan! Excited to try them out.

00657CE4-00B9-4868-8C1B-99BC220763BC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back