Sound Rhyme impression thread
Mar 4, 2023 at 8:13 AM Post #33 of 2,483
From what I learned;
Sound rhyme st04144e has one dynamic driver and 3 basic amateurs. I feel Fengru x-y x1 can be a better buy compared to that having 2est+7ba+1dd (pretty much the most cost effective configuration). But tuning matters, I know. Did some research on the x1 and customer reviews are pretty positive in taobao.

Please correct if I am wrong.

Mar 4, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #35 of 2,483
What’s the fit like on these? Any info on nozzle size compared to say the Blessing 2 or HEXA?
I have no issues on fit, nozzle is about same or smaller than B2 & HEXA.
4AB42A92-FB42-4B61-900A-1146193D6EAA.jpeg
C69D378A-D3BC-48F6-B337-3FEE88C337C1.jpeg
51189E06-3F7F-4EBD-A2EC-135F7531F395.jpeg

Mar 4, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #36 of 2,483
From what I learned;
Sound rhyme st04144e has one dynamic driver and 3 basic amateurs. I feel Fengru x-y x1 can be a better buy compared to that having 2est+7ba+1dd (pretty much the most cost effective configuration). But tuning matters, I know. Did some research on the x1 and customer reviews are pretty positive in taobao.

Please correct if I am wrong.
SR04 has Sonion EST (not sure single stack one (2EST) or dual stack ones (4EST) on top of knowles 31736 (that’s composite 2BA unit. Dedicated for Mid and High) same one used for SR5, and 2xED29689 + 9.6mm DD (smaller and different DD than SR5).

As you said that Fengru has zero good reputation but many bad reputations in copying IEMs or simply sourcing cheap ones and reselling with higher margins from ODM like Openheart or Tiendirenhe. A trap brand to avoid if you spent more than 1 year with IEM hobby. Tiandirenhe recently started Magaosi sub products and started to use Knowles on top of their private DDs, at least Magaosi V3 get some reputations, if you are buying Fengru products just directly buy from Tiandirenhe or Openheart. Most of those ODM are good at making shells, not contents though. Same applies to Private brand sourced IEM from GS Audio, Leisurely Audio, Fearless audio are known to be using OEM service from GS Audio. Those two brands at least have their private tuning, but basement is GS Audio’s model. GS Audio has some good tuned ones like SE12, if you are buying from Fearless or Leisurely, and probably many many more smaller shop brands, just check GS Audio’s line up first.

Also, Driver contents matters the most, not numbers, you can buy 8BA for less than $30 nowadays. There are also high/low mix, Knowles Sonion + Bellsing, a trap one I’d say. I have high-low mix of GS Audio’s 12BA that costed $240, 8 Sonion + 4 Bellsing. Result is pessimistic. Also I have fully high-end BA equipped 10BA flagship class tuned by someone out of mind. GS Audio ST10, costs $430, a bare minimum cost for high-end BA drivers. Same drivers are used for German highend IEM brand Vision Ears old flagship model. Unfortunately ST10 is tuned by terrible tuner, it‘s one of IEM I regret buying. Tuning is very important.

Sound Rhyme has their own manufacturing plant with labs, you shouldn’t put those two on the same scale, one is just junk reseller, and other is a solid OEM.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #38 of 2,483
SR04 has Sonion EST (not sure single stack one (2EST) or dual stack ones (4EST) on top of knowles 31736 (that’s composite 2BA unit. Dedicated for Mid and High) same one used for SR5, and 2xED29689 + 9.6mm DD (smaller and different DD than SR5).

As you said that Fengru has zero good reputation but many bad reputations in copying IEMs or simply sourcing cheap ones and reselling with higher margins from ODM like Openheart or Tiendirenhe. A trap brand to avoid if you spent more than 1 year with IEM hobby. Tiandirenhe recently started Magaosi sub products and started to use Knowles on top of their private DDs, at least Magaosi V3 get some reputations, if you are buying Fengru products just directly buy from Tiandirenhe or Openheart. Most of those ODM are good at making shells, not contents though. Same applies to Private brand sourced IEM from GS Audio, Leisurely Audio, Fearless audio are known to be using OEM service from GS Audio. Those two brands at least have their private tuning, but basement is GS Audio’s model. GS Audio has some good tuned ones like SE12, if you are buying from Fearless or Leisurely, and probably many many more smaller shop brands, just check GS Audio’s line up first.

Also, Driver contents matters the most, not numbers, you can buy 8BA for less than $30 nowadays. There are also high/low mix, Knowles Sonion + Bellsing, a trap one I’d say. I have high-low mix of GS Audio’s 12BA that costed $240, 8 Sonion + 4 Bellsing. Result is pessimistic. Also I have fully high-end BA equipped 10BA flagship class tuned by someone out of mind. GS Audio ST10, costs $430, a bare minimum cost for high-end BA drivers. Same drivers are used for German highend IEM brand Vision Ears old flagship model. Unfortunately ST10 is tuned by terrible tuner, it‘s one of IEM I regret buying. Tuning is very important.

Sound Rhyme has their own manufacturing plant with labs, you shouldn’t put those two on the same scale, one is just junk reseller, and other is a solid OEM.
Wow! thank you so much!

Mar 4, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #40 of 2,483
So we don't really know how many ESTs the SR04 got? I guess Variations is still better than SR5? How would Variations do vs. SR04?
Yea some said 4EST, the seller website only says Sonion EST, need some more info.

Variations is 2EST+2BA+1LCP, pretty minimalistic components, it sounds very refined version of Dusk, with considerably EST performance of gentle casting of resolutions which is very nice to put on before sleeping.

Either 2EST or 4EST, SR04 has 4BA+1DD on top of it, with Anole VX qdc tuning, I can see extremely resolving IEM out of FR.

I have Anole VX myself as well as its happy sister Aur Audio Neon Pro, or more popular See Audio Bravery, that belongs to similar tuning family, neutral with U boost. If SR4 does qdc tuning, It will be great IEM. It’s just the price tag of $500 is just too demanding IMO. $385 I’d take a shot. Not $499.

Mar 4, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #41 of 2,483
Today the ddHifi DJ44C Mk2 adapter arrived at my doorstep. 4.4mm female to 3.5mm male. Works like a charm on my setup!

It is better then my previous XINHS adapter. The XINHS one was slightly too bright and did reduce the resolution slightly. With this adapter my setup has become more rounded. It is much more relaxing to listen to my SR5 now. I am quite happy with it. My previous adapter is now designated for mobile use.

It even sounds like the soundstage and depth has improved.

Mar 5, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #42 of 2,483
Yea some said 4EST, the seller website only says Sonion EST, need some more info.

Variations is 2EST+2BA+1LCP, pretty minimalistic components, it sounds very refined version of Dusk, with considerably EST performance of gentle casting of resolutions which is very nice to put on before sleeping.

Either 2EST or 4EST, SR04 has 4BA+1DD on top of it, with Anole VX qdc tuning, I can see extremely resolving IEM out of FR.

I have Anole VX myself as well as its happy sister Aur Audio Neon Pro, or more popular See Audio Bravery, that belongs to similar tuning family, neutral with U boost. If SR4 does qdc tuning, It will be great IEM. It’s just the price tag of $500 is just too demanding IMO. $385 I’d take a shot. Not $499.
What about the bgvp dm9?

Mar 5, 2023 at 11:09 AM Post #43 of 2,483
What about the bgvp dm9?
BGVP is long forgotten name due to their weird tuning as far as I know. You can take chance being the first one to try, though.

Mar 6, 2023 at 7:04 AM Post #45 of 2,483

Users who are viewing this thread

Back