Sound Rhyme impression thread
Feb 27, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #16 of 2,483
It seems like my SR5 is gonna arrive tomorrow. Buckle up, I am gonna test this one on a lot of sources.
GreatšŸ˜„ Hope you like it!
Remember to put flashlight on faceplate for like 5sec then you will have showcasing photoluminescence.

Feb 28, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #17 of 2,483
Well.

I did unpack this IEM and immediately connected it to my Zishan Z3. With all the goodies straight out of the box I tried listening to a few tracks. Immediately I noticed how well tuned this IEM is. To put it into words. This is the best tuned IEM I have ever heard. Better tuned then any IMR earphone and better tuned then any chifi set.

The detail and spacial seperation is also astounishingly good. Combined with the incredibly microdetails and macrodetails you can basically hear all noises in a recording put into the front. Not a single bass string that could go unnoticed in a bright sounding IEM. This set has now outclassed my Tansio Mirai Sands. The SR5 does not produce more resolving audio but it is way better tuned and can present the sounds much better. SR5 soundstage is also amazing. Easily the biggest soundstage an IEM can have. The tuning is straight-up perfect with incredible sweet and lush treble. Never heard such a thing before. Better then pure Piezo, pure DD or whatever tech I have heard. At the same time perfect female vocals and fast (like planar) bass and deep slam.

Then I put it on my desktop with an ISN S16 cable and a hybrid amp. It got even better. Just a little bit of EQ and the entire bass bleed (slightly too much bass in the lower mids) was immediately solved. My best sounding IEM and now my endgame. Till in a few years maybe.

Rating: 10/10
S ranking

Feb 28, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #18 of 2,483
Well.

I did unpack this IEM and immediately connected it to my Zishan Z3. With all the goodies straight out of the box I tried listening to a few tracks. Immediately I noticed how well tuned this IEM is. To put it into words. This is the best tuned IEM I have ever heard. Better tuned then any IMR earphone and better tuned then any chifi set.

The detail and spacial seperation is also astounishingly good. Combined with the incredibly microdetails and macrodetails you can basically hear all noises in a recording put into the front. Not a single bass string that could go unnoticed in a bright sounding IEM. This set has now outclassed my Tansio Mirai Sands. The SR5 does not produce more resolving audio but it is way better tuned and can present the sounds much better. SR5 soundstage is also amazing. Easily the biggest soundstage an IEM can have. The tuning is straight-up perfect with incredible sweet and lush treble. Never heard such a thing before. Better then pure Piezo, pure DD or whatever tech I have heard. At the same time perfect female vocals and fast (like planar) bass and deep slam.

Then I put it on my desktop with an ISN S16 cable and a hybrid amp. It got even better. Just a little bit of EQ and the entire bass bleed (slightly too much bass in the lower mids) was immediately solved. My best sounding IEM and now my endgame. Till in a few years maybe.

Rating: 10/10
S ranking
Wow! I was expecting like 9/10 but glad to see another heartfelt full endorsement!

With head-fi flooded by paid marketing, this SR5 is pure mouth-to-mouth ā€œitā€™s goodā€ sharing.

Ikr? Iā€™m not kidding, SR5 is one of the real performer that I value more than DUNU SA6.

I spent some good time describing how high performing SR5 is, and hopefully to see more audiophiles could enjoy great sound at a fraction of the already-too-competitive price.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #19 of 2,483
What use is good resolution if the tuning is lacking? A bright sounding headphone won't let you listen to every single bass note with full definition. That's how they sound to my ears.

Previously I used In-Ears like the Tansio Mirai Sands. This was very good and I learned how to EQ it. I immediately noticed that the SR5 sounds almost like my EQ'd Sands. They almost nailed my favorite tuning. My desktop setup uses crossfeed and I need to use EQ since in-ears and headphones sound too bass-less without EQ. So I did a little EQ that boosted bass how I like and reduced splashiness at 9khz. My fav cable (ISN S16) barely fitted into the SR5. I needed to wiggle and push a lot. Maybe poor QC on the cable or on the SR5? 9/10 would be a better rating for the SR5 but the price to performance ratio is unbeatable. To my ears it sounds cleaner then an IMR Zenith 2. Imagine that. Not quite the top resolution but a nicer and more rounded sound.

After this purchase, the only thing I need are better sources.

Feb 28, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #20 of 2,483
What use is good resolution if the tuning is lacking? A bright sounding headphone won't let you listen to every single bass note with full definition. That's how they sound to my ears.

Previously I used In-Ears like the Tansio Mirai Sands. This was very good and I learned how to EQ it. I immediately noticed that the SR5 sounds almost like my EQ'd Sands. They almost nailed my favorite tuning. My desktop setup uses crossfeed and I need to use EQ since in-ears and headphones sound too bass-less without EQ. So I did a little EQ that boosted bass how I like and reduced splashiness at 9khz. My fav cable (ISN S16) barely fitted into the SR5. I needed to wiggle and push a lot. Maybe poor QC on the cable or on the SR5? 9/10 would be a better rating for the SR5 but the price to performance ratio is unbeatable. To my ears it sounds cleaner then an IMR Zenith 2. Imagine that. Not quite the top resolution but a nicer and more rounded sound.

After this purchase, the only thing I need are better sources.
Yea no surprise there, SR5ā€™s detail articulations for what I A-B tested beats current benchmarks for sub $500, better than SA6, Blessing 2s, AFUL P5, HEXA, AKG N5005, Bravery, basically ever IEMs except Sonion EST, or TOTL class.

Wish more of us could enjoy this beast. Undoubtedly Top notch 4BA+1DD on the market.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #23 of 2,483
Now I wonder how good the SR04 would be. What are reviews saying?
yea basically Anole VX in a form of EST tribrid which is based on SR5ā€™s hardware.

The price is a bit bug jump from SR5 $139 to $450 thoughšŸ¤”

Iā€™m waiting response from that seller to purchase the 14BA (2switches) flagship from taobao.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #25 of 2,483
Ask my friend from China to buy one SR5 for me, he will arrive on next week! Faster than aliexpress delivery
Wow lucky you!! Great and looking forward for your impression, hope you like it!

Mar 1, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #26 of 2,483
Just hooked up a 110 Ohm adapter on my MT-602 amp. Then i connected an 3.5mm to 4.4mm onto it and at last i connected the SR5. What should I say? The sound is now perfect for my taste. Full bodied, no sibilance, equally good low end and treble, strong and analogue. That is my endgame.

I would say the SR5 can expect 9/10 rating based on the performance. Since the tuning is exactly my preference tuning it is a 10/10 for me.

Mar 1, 2023 at 4:58 PM Post #29 of 2,483
I hope you guys are right about this baby. Just ordered from American Spirit's link.....:fingers_crossed:
Hooray! I get $500 kick back! jkšŸ‘

Only thing thatā€™s gonna make me happy is some enlightened surprise voice.

Hope SR5 may be your endgame IEM (of 2023)

The SR5 sounds really good with impedance adapters. Giving the SR5 a higher resistance really tames the treble. This should be typical for BAs.
Iā€™m going to tryšŸ‘€ Thanks for the comment

Mar 1, 2023 at 5:29 PM Post #30 of 2,483
Cayin RU6 --> Xduoo MT-602 (GE5654W tubes) --> 110 Ohm adapter ---> XINHS 3.5mm to 4.4mm adapter ---> ISN S16 4.4mm cable ---> SR5 with SpinFit CP100 M.

That is my full setup now. The result is delicate and tame treble and a very warm bass. I tested out a bunch of different DACs today and this was the best setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back