Sound quality versus size
Sep 4, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #31 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by midoo1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ya this makes sense,the only reason i advice you not to pull the trigger on the zune if you are planing to stuff it with movies and apps and games because the graphic ship in the zune80/120 cant compete with that of the HD,but if storage and music all you care about,no point of waiting.

My only concern is that HDD units are going to bigger, heavier, Noisier (according to some posters, w/certain buds, you get noise from the hard drive spinning) and are more likely to break down with moving parts.

My only use will be music and I think I could get away with 64GB, if I only ripped the stuff I REALLY liked. Flash should be lighter, smaller, faster, quieter and could last for many years.

I will read all weekend and then see what the big announcement is next week.

Shane D

Sep 4, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #33 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Flash is not faster when copying the music onto it, although with no spin up you have no delays when using the DAP.

Thanks for another nugget of wisdom.
I am guessing that I could easily spend a year learning all the concepts, lingo, hardware, software, etc. I am not that patient
biggrin.gif

Shane D

Sep 4, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #34 of 35
I use the ie8 with the zune120 and it is pretty sensitive iem(16 ohms)and you can hear the HDD sound when it is only spininnig when shifting between music or in menus but it never interfers with music because it is dead silent.and I am not that concerned about the hard drive failure because I pretty much beat it up and toss it around ,but not a scratch on the back or on the glass screen which is hard to scratch with a knife.anyway if I were you I would wait a bit for the zuneHD and see what apple have in their bag.

Sep 4, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #35 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by midoo1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use the ie8 with the zune120 and it is pretty sensitive iem(16 ohms)and you can hear the HDD sound when it is only spininnig when shifting between music or in menus but it never interfers with music because it is dead silent.and I am not that concerned about the hard drive failure because I pretty much beat it up and toss it around ,but not a scratch on the back or on the glass screen which is hard to scratch with a knife.anyway if I were you I would wait a bit for the zuneHD and see what apple have in their bag.

Agreed. I do not want to rush into anything. I just came here (via AVS Forum) to start doing research on DAPs. I am going to buy a few computers this month. I am going to get a good size hard drive for the home unit so I can begin digitizing the home music collection. Then I want to set up a portable juke box.

Thanks for the reply!

Shane D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back