Sound blasterx g6 pop/crack issue
Mar 18, 2020 at 7:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

deadchip12

100+ Head-Fier
I bought the g6 a few months ago (used with pc and headphone) but only a few days back I started noticing this issue during games/movies: There is a small but audible pop sound occuring very randomly (every 10-20 minutes or so). I don't have this problem on another usb dac/amp I own. Both the g6 and windows 10 are at the latest update. Things I have tried:

-Different usb ports
-Different usb cables
-Different headphones
-Roll back to previous firmware
-Hard reset on the g6

None helps. Any idea?

May 16, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #2 of 2
I bought the g6 a few months ago (used with pc and headphone) but only a few days back I started noticing this issue during games/movies: There is a small but audible pop sound occuring very randomly (every 10-20 minutes or so). I don't have this problem on another usb dac/amp I own. Both the g6 and windows 10 are at the latest update. Things I have tried:

-Different usb ports
-Different usb cables
-Different headphones
-Roll back to previous firmware
-Hard reset on the g6

None helps. Any idea?

If you are talking about pop and click sounds, I'm experiencing them too and they have been reported several times already in the SoundBlasterOfficial subreddit. What I've noticed though, is that they only appear when I activate SBX or Scout Mode. If the G6 is in stereo mode, no pops and clicks at all. My guess is that it's an issue on software level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back