Sound Blaster X7 - Impressions? Thoughts?
Jun 19, 2016 at 5:40 AM Post #301 of 348
If you plug your mod mic into the X7, the quality of the X7's ADC should out-perform the ADC built into your motherboard. There shouldn't be any latency with the mic recording due to the X7, the only cause for latency would simply be the chat software you use and the Internet. I've had good experience with Mumble for chat, but it was good enough that I haven't bothered comparing to other options.

I haven't listened to the other DACs you listed... but the performance should be pretty similar.

Jun 19, 2016 at 7:29 AM Post #302 of 348
thank you. The quality of my microphone ist better on the x7? Is there an microphone-amplifier or what is reliable for the better microphone-quality?

I have antoher 2 questions:
1. Can i deactivate bluetooth completely?
2. Can you use the audio-signal over the Burr-Brown PCM1794 DAC (direct-mode) & the crystall-microphon-improvement at the same time?

Jun 19, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #303 of 348
I don't understand your first question. One thing I would say is the X7's built-in microphone is serviceable but not special nor good enough for recording music, but the microphone line-in port will help make great digital files from a connected mic.

I think you asked about Bluetooth before, either mute it or don't pair anything.

I haven't used a mic and direct-mode at the same time... Generally, you have to focus on listening to hear the benefit of direct-mode. If you're talking into a mic you won't be as focused on listening anyway. It's possible the X7 may let you use direct mode and crystallizer voice at the same time, but I can't think of a situation where that would be useful.

Jun 19, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #304 of 348
It's not possible to use both Direct Mode and a microphone at the same time.

Jun 19, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #305 of 348
It's not possible to use both Direct Mode and a microphone at the same time.

Which is fine, because why would you? Your own voice would drown out the benefits of direct mode.

Jun 19, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #306 of 348
Which is fine, because why would you? Your own voice would drown out the benefits of direct mode.

Yeah, but it's not only monitoring. Both built-in mic and the mic input are disabled after engaging the Direct Mode.

Jun 19, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #307 of 348
ah o.k, so direct-mode ist for music-listening only. Good to know. But for Games the other soundchip will be usefull, too i think.

I thought hearing game-sounds with the direct-sound-chip & talking over TS with the crystal-voice would be a nice feature.

I think you asked about Bluetooth before, either mute it or don't pair anything.

you can´t deaktivate it completely - not sending any radiation or not using engergy? I heard of people who accidently pair the blotooth and there is an annoying sound. Can i deactivate it, so that never another person whith a blotooth device can make this happen -> from system-startup? So that i don´t have to set this option after starting the system?

If you plug your mod mic into the X7, the quality of the X7's ADC should out-perform the ADC built into your motherboard.

So why is the X7-Line-in better then the onboard-soundcart-line in for the microphon? Is it cause of crystal-clear-dsp?

!Destroying-Speaker-Problem!:
But i heard of one huge problem, the X7 is a non-buy-product:
At System startup ist can occur that the X7 feedbacks with full volume with the inbuild-microphone. The volume-control ineffective at this moment. And you can´t access the volume-controll with the drivertool. With headphons, no problem, but wih speakers you can ruine them. Some have ruined the hightoncalotte of the speaker.

Jun 19, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #308 of 348
  ah o.k, so direct-mode ist for music-listening only. Good to know. But for Games the other soundchip will be usefull, too i think.
  !Destroying-Speaker-Problem!:
But i heard of one huge problem, the X7 is a non-buy-product:
At System startup ist can occur that the X7 feedbacks with full volume with the inbuild-microphone. The volume-control ineffective at this moment. And you can´t access the volume-controll with the drivertool. With headphons, no problem, but wih speakers you can ruine them. Some have ruined the hightoncalotte of the speaker.

Both direct mode and the mixer mode use the same DAC, the only difference is that the Direct Mode bypasses the built-in mixer.

Just mute the microphone and You'll be good.

Jun 20, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #310 of 348
  But how can you mute the microphone at system-startup? You have no access to the microphone.

And if you are going to the door or the fridge, telephon etc. - and the system crashes... and restarts and haven´t muted the microphone before...

Mute it when the system is in and it will stay muted, alternatively plug any device into the microphone jack to mute the internal microphone.

Jul 4, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #312 of 348
  Can you connect active speakers and bypass the x7 amp, but use its DAC?

Yes, using the line-out on the back of the device.

Jul 4, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #314 of 348
  so, if you do so - you can´t adjust the volume with the X7-regulator?

You can, the line out are actually preamp-outs the volume can be controlled by the X7 volume knob (or Windows setting)

Jul 6, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #315 of 348
Want to buy this Board but was wondering about its Audio if its better than the creative X7.

Asus Board:https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-RAMPAGE-V-EDITION-10/

Audio

External — ROG SupremeFX Hi-Fi with:

- 1 x ESS® ES9018K2M DAC

- 2 x Texas Instruments LM4562 op-amps

- 1 x TPA6120A2 headphone amp

- 1 x Cirrus Logic CS5361 DAC

- 5 x RC4580 op-amps

Onboard — SupremeFX 8-Channel high-definition audio codec:

- SupremeFX shielding technology

- Dual op-amps

- Jack-detection, multi-streaming, and front-panel jack-retasking