Sound Around Sound II *New Venue*Bellevue Library
Sep 14, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #32 of 88
I'd like to actually be able to make it to this one. Since it's days before such a huge party date, I may actually not have anything else going on
beerchug.gif

Sep 18, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #33 of 88
I'm good for either day. Anyone in Tacoma area with a car want to carpool?
I'm running iMac (optical out) -> Audio-GD compass -> AKG K702 that I'll bring. I've got a couple extension chords (cheapo stock ones) that I can bring too. I'm excited!

Sep 18, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #34 of 88
Would it be a horrible thing to do if I were to come without my gear to just have a look around? I have had to downsize and sell some things for $$ so it's not very impressive at all :/

Plan on bringing my 2 roommates to try and get them deeper into head-fi though haha.

Sep 19, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #35 of 88
Quote:

Would it be a horrible thing to do if I were to come without my gear to just have a look around? I have had to downsize and sell some things for $$ so it's not very impressive at all :/

Nooooo not that.
biggrin.gif

No problem, Ive been to a couple with only my headphones. Its a place to learn and experience new equipment and meet other people with the same interest and views. Well maybe not views...

Sep 23, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #36 of 88
Any new info Pappa? Has it been confirmed for the 24th for sure yet?

Sep 23, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #37 of 88
Is this date set? I have so much new stuff to bring. Ok, no new headphone stuff, but got a nice new digital camera so I might be able to take some nice shots. My wife's the photographer, I'm still learning. Never got to practice on her 35mm but now I don't have to waste film.

Sep 23, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #38 of 88
Cool, the more pictures the better. The ones you took in march were pretty good.

Sep 23, 2009 at 7:53 AM Post #39 of 88
Just in the middle of details to get sorted. Heard from Larry this weekend. Will post the lasted as soon as I get it.

Sep 26, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #40 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by curbfeeler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He lived and worked not far from me in Kent, WA. I made his acquaintance after cold-calling him to ask if I could show his new headphone amplifier at our local Head-Fi event. He was most gracious, offering the amp and packing it carefully before handing it off to me. It made quite an impression on those who heard it.

I may be able to resurrect George Wright's design for the WHA-22 headphone amp. I've contacted an owner who seems willing to let it be examined and documented. I have a partially completed chassis and a source for the transformers. Stay tuned.

Oct 2, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #41 of 88
I have the contact info of the fella that has copies of the all the George Wright designs somewhere if someone wants to get a hold of him (I've heard he's a bit of a personality, so don't consider this me recommending the fella). Trudy, the executor of the estate (previously the office manager for George Wright) is gathering up the diagrams, et all to bundle for George's son.

Oct 3, 2009 at 6:18 AM Post #42 of 88
In the middle making arrangements for the new venue on the next meet. Details will follow this post!

Oct 3, 2009 at 6:49 AM Post #44 of 88
Ben, no worries you have a ride to the meet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back