Sound Around Sound II *New Venue*Bellevue Library
Aug 17, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #16 of 88
Cool, i'll let you know if I can get the tables - I know we have a ton of them at work, I just don't know I could borrow them or not.

I think I'm going to start a campaign to get Dan to make a dedicate headphone amp, I know he'd do a hell of a job, and we need a local headphone amp damnit
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 17, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #17 of 88
Yeah, a dedicated headphone amp. Doesn't have to be portable?

Aug 17, 2009 at 4:44 AM Post #19 of 88
With a bass contour and a high and low impendence headphone output? And a separate power stage?

Aug 17, 2009 at 6:00 AM Post #20 of 88
I would like to see a midrange dac around 4000-5000. His 2002 is 8500 and the da10 is 1000. Something in the middle would be cool.

Aug 20, 2009 at 4:51 AM Post #23 of 88
Wright Sound had a top notch tube amp the last time at Resolution Audio hooked up to a Turntable. There was Curbfeeler's HD 650's hooked up to it as I remember? Very Nice!

Aug 25, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #24 of 88
man! i am super excited! dont think i will have anything new since the west seattle meet.

if anyone wants me to bring the following, let me know:

corda opera (analog)
apogee duet (and macbook)
NAD 525BEE

otherwise i will just bring my HD650's to listen on other gear.

Aug 25, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #25 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wright Sound had a top notch tube amp the last time at Resolution Audio hooked up to a Turntable. There was Curbfeeler's HD 650's hooked up to it as I remember? Very Nice!

Sad news guys just heard this from the klipsch forums about George Wright being terminally ill

"I thought I would pass this along to others. I think it's appropriate, but please let me know if you think otherwise. I recently sold my Wright gear to a gentleman who is now enjoying them immensly. I would have loved to keep them, but needed the money, so have downgraded. He contacted Wright Sound looking for documention, and received this response from George's office manager (edited out non-relevant material):

...And now the bad news. I’ve called Wright Sound three times today, to get manuals for the 3.5s and preamp, and this last call got through. The woman answering the phone (his office manager) told me that George is in the hospital and terminally ill, likely to die in the next few days. He had open-heart surgery on 5 August, did quite well with the surgery, but 10 minutes after they removed the respirator, he stopped breathing and went into cardiac arrest. They had trouble re-intubating him, and by all accounts, he appears to be brain-dead at this point. They are doing an EEG tonight to see if there is any brain activity at all, but even if there is, he is going downhill quickly.

Very sad. I am told he by his office manager that he was the entire company. There was a technician that did some of the wiring, but George did just about everything, and all the circuits and designs he kept in his head. His son is with him now, back from an emergency leave from the military (stationed in Japan) and his ex-wife is with him as well (they were close friends after their marriage).

It is a great loss.

Very sad to hear. My thought and wishes go out to his family and loved ones."

<meta name="description" content="Klipsch audio systems provide the true audio/video lover a wide variety of high performance loudspeakers and loudspeaker systems for music and home theater entertainment centers, including iPod speakers, multimedia s

UPDATE from the website:

Dear Wright Sound Customers and Friends,
It is with great sadness that we report that George Wright went home to be with the Lord on August 21, 2009. He is celebrating with those who have gone on before him and we will see him again one day.
George's passing means the end of Wright Sound company. He was the brillance behind the equipment. Without him, there is no company. Those of you who knew George know that he had a passion for tube equipment and he truly was gifted in electronics. He will be sorely missed for his humor and his incredible knowledge about all things tube related.
To all of our customers over the years, George would like to say thanks. It was a heck of a ride and he enjoyed sharing his passion for music with you.

Take care, live life to the fullest, and be blessed.
Brenda Wright
George Wright (son)

Let the following meet's be a Tribute to George Sr.

Sep 4, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #26 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by xtreme4099 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dear Wright Sound Customers and Friends,
It is with great sadness that we report that George Wright went home to be with the Lord on August 21, 2009.

He lived and worked not far from me in Kent, WA. I made his acquaintance after cold-calling him to ask if I could show his new headphone amplifier at our local Head-Fi event. He was most gracious, offering the amp and packing it carefully before handing it off to me. It made quite an impression on those who heard it.

Sep 5, 2009 at 5:24 AM Post #28 of 88
Still waiting to confirm the October 24 2009 date from Resolution Audio. Have not heard back to confirm the date. This to keep everybody up to date on the progress.

Sep 12, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #29 of 88
The October 24 2009 date is still looking good for me... hope this works out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back