Sorry folks, humanity has hit rock bottom
Jun 30, 2008 at 2:04 PM Post #31 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by dgbiker1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then again, that's what I thought after the marry-a-fake-rich-guy show a few years ago, which now looks like Shakespeare.

Hah...I remember that show. I remember the girl's heart dropping when he broke the news he was just a construction worker. Then, the sigh of relief after they gave them a Million dollars...it was priceless. Money grubbing hookers, hahaha.

Jun 30, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #32 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is actually brilliant idea!
cool.gif

It works well for me.

Another advantage is that there are usually people watching sports like cricket who know much more about it than I do. Just from asking a few questions, I'm actually starting to figure this game out. Sort of.

Always a good idea to ask or call ahead and find out whether they will be showing a particular game, and whether there will be a cover. For some of the marquee soccer (football) and rugby matches, my local sometimes charges admission.

One place in my neighborhood always has the tennis majors, because one of the bartenders is super passionate about her tennis. She's hot like fire, and way, way too young for me, but since I know a little about tennis we actually talk about the sport fairly often.

That also works for me.

Jun 30, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #33 of 36
Thank goodness there are a few good DVDs for watching the few rare movies that are worth watching.

....otherwise I'd sure feel stupid for getting a 65" TV and full surround sound set-up for watching such drivel!

Let's see; I do watch Formula 1, but then I usually wear phones cause they do a better job of digging the announcers voices outta the glorious mix of associated engine and car sounds.

Then there's the, uh....

Jun 30, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #35 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you will be surprised to see just how much worse things can (will) get...

I keep hoping that basic decency will reassert itself. I'm not so sure how long I can continue to hope.

The passing of George Carlin is a painful reminder to me of how much things have changed. The forecast for tonight: DARK!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back