Sony Xperia 1 Impression Thread
May 12, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #151 of 367
Guess you're referring to music quality instead of sound quality.
V30/V40 is hard to beat on that by measurement, i think.

Curious to hear more about the H/O of the Sony thou. :)

I'm on the hunt for a successor of my V30 and it is quite impossible from the offerings i am aware of these days. :frowning2:

My hope goes with the new Sony's, i've to say. Especially since LG has left the table.
Sound quality/music quality terminology, doesn't matter. The point is LG is more powerful but my Xperia does sound a lot better in comparison

May 12, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #152 of 367
I'd agree to a degree.

After exploring some FiiO iems, these're my go to pairing with a capable smartphone in the future.
For more demanding headphones i've the BTR5 or Mojo on hand, so there's no need for the power of a Quad Dac anymore. :wink:

Hopefully the Xperia will fulfill my needs for mobile music satisfaction. :)

I'll see in the near future, i think.

There's always a spot for Sony since my good old Xperia Z3.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #154 of 367
Thoroughly enjoying this phone for music, but it's definately
New Sony's looks really good and as they didn't ditch the 3.5mm jack in 2021 I'm sure they put some work on for good sound.
Im eying the 5 iii. The 1 ii is a nice phone (despite the sub par point and shoot camera, miles worse than the iPhone if you dont tinker) but the battery life is not good at all. About half the iphone 12 pro max. Meanwhile the 5 iii looks like it has incredible battery

Aug 14, 2021 at 2:28 AM Post #155 of 367
How's the audio on Xperia 10 ii/iii? I care less on the camera/video and gaming aspect while Xperia 1 and 5 focus primarily on these aspects. Thus I wonder if Xperia 10 ii/iii have the same audio quality (through 3.5mm and bluetooth, not speaker) as Xperia 1/5.

Aug 29, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #160 of 367
I'm not sure what you mean? It was very expensive, but maybe I get the Sony wireless 3 series headphones....

I got 100$/1000crowns discount from my Telecompany. And maybe some headphones in a while we will see...
Sorry my english is not very good. In europe music players have their max volume limited. Sony apply this rule. Not sure if this applies to smartphones.

Aug 29, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #161 of 367
Sorry my english is not very good. In europe music players have their max volume limited. Sony apply this rule. Not sure if this applies to smartphones.
I have no idea, but sound dB is much more powerful from the Laptop to DAC/amps Dragonfly and ifI Zen DAC... But the Sony is stronger and better sound quality than Dragonfly Black from phone.

I know I get a warning on the phone the first times. Then it's, go on your own risk.

I guess some music sounds best loud, and other again lower it depends.

The Sony is decent on BW p5 but just enough on Sennheiser 560s.

EU has some health regulations, maybe powermatch is a solution? As the load is different.

I'm happy with the Sony jack, Sennheiser I run mostly on the Laptop and DAC/amps anyway.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #163 of 367
Brought my Intime Nagi IEM to a Sony store few days ago and they have demo set for Xperia 1 ii, 1 iii and 10 ii. Tested the 10 ii and 1 iii with my Nagi and I have only my expectation as my baseline at that time and 10 ii performs decently well sound wise. I could say it's better than my Galaxy S9, but since the demo unit only has one song in it and I didn't bring my microSD card to test with some songs I'm already familliar with, I wouldn't put much bearing to my initial impression.

However, listening to the same song which is also present in the 1 iii, my initial impression wasn't that good. The highs is quite piercing compared to what I've heard from the 10 ii. Not sure if the file was of lower audio quality, or it's just a bad synergy with my IEM, but again since there was only one audio file that I could compare it with the 10 ii, I wouldn't conclude anything from what I've heard that day except that Xperia 10 ii/iii might sound decently good if not as good as its higher ends siblings.

Oct 15, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #165 of 367
Is volume capped on the Sony? They do that in Europe for their DAPs.

I just got the Xperia 1 III euro version, and the audio volume with a headset is good - I wouldn't want to listen at the maximum level. Tested on Empire Ears Phantoms and IMR Elysium.

It's ridiculously expensive for a phone, but I figured I can get rid of my DAP if this is a good solution. First impressions are good. And 256GB holds a ton of music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back