Sony XBA Series Review and Comparison (XBA-1, 2, 3, 4)
Jan 25, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #121 of 131
  I have my beloved XBA H1, I love the sound on them, the build quality too.
I have really bad OCD, and my pockets are always full, tissues in one etc.
I always want to change my ipod song, and always move my ipod in and out of my trouser pocket however i am worried about premature damage to the cable? As despite how much i lvoe the no tangle business (especially when i use the case), it seems like it may be weak near the connector.
Also i prefer J type cables but this is a Y cable I have learnt to get along with it. I use it with no clip, but i suffer and issue, I have tried all buds.
The right ear seals, instantly and stays that way (unless im fumbling with my pockets!), then left never seems fully sealed, and when it eventually gets sealed usualy falls out soon after!
I have owned 3 pairs of sonys with same buds that are supplied with these and no similar issues?

may be these are a bit heavy and your ear has a shallow fit ergonomics , try comply tips , squeeze and insert , try inserting by pulling your upper ear lobe and try going over the ear , this do go over the ear and that too comfortably . beautiful phone , nice sound , i enjoy mine more then any phone i have ever owned .

Jan 26, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #123 of 131
  which one would be the best xba-2 or xba-h1, in sound quality, I have a xba-1 is not bad but lacks lower and a little more treble.
The xba-h3 is very expensive for me.

i neither have xba-1 nor xba-2 , but i have xba-3 , and i can tell you , h1 has far better bass ( decay is not par with ba drivers ) and sound stage , nice mids and not bad highs , and is plenty enjoyable .go for h1 , and the new foam stuffed tips are really nice .

Jan 27, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #124 of 131
Cheers mate (love this forum), and yes they do hang out of my "inner" ear area,  will defiantly try you tips much appreciated!

My Previous IEM MDR EX300 (two pairs), then MDR EX310. In  all cases was the jack side that broke, so i ordered a new jack for the last ones, i soldered, but forgot to use a flame to remove coating off wire, then when i did that, it burnt too far up the wire and well all was lost!

These previous IEMs were brilliant, but with these XBA H1 I prefer even more!
 I always choose sound over looks and sound quality and trueness, over BASS BOOSTED ones. Despite that if i had to choose between 2 headphones and some with more bass, I'd choose the bassier ones. This is what i love about the Hybrid system, whilst the 9mm Driver is blasting out the lows, the Dynamic Driver is still producing crystal clear vocals I can hear over the bass!

Best of both, and they look pretty good too!

Jan 27, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #125 of 131
  Cheers mate (love this forum), and yes they do hang out of my "inner" ear area,  will defiantly try you tips much appreciated!

My Previous IEM MDR EX300 (two pairs), then MDR EX310. In  all cases was the jack side that broke, so i ordered a new jack for the last ones, i soldered, but forgot to use a flame to remove coating off wire, then when i did that, it burnt too far up the wire and well all was lost!

These previous IEMs were brilliant, but with these XBA H1 I prefer even more!
 I always choose sound over looks and sound quality and trueness, over BASS BOOSTED ones. Despite that if i had to choose between 2 headphones and some with more bass, I'd choose the bassier ones. This is what i love about the Hybrid system, whilst the 9mm Driver is blasting out the lows, the Dynamic Driver is still producing crystal clear vocals I can hear over the bass!

Best of both, and they look pretty good too!

same here man , i too love these hybrid phones , they just lack some refinement and micro details , but everything else is fine and enjoyment level is far better then any phone i had ever used , there is bass and there is clarity too and the sound sig is what i enjoy the most .

Jun 10, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #127 of 131
Hi.
I was using XBA-1 and lucky enough to get it only for 27$

Now it was spoil on the right pieces. I wonder to buy new one with the same price
However i notice the delight of Xiaomi piston 2.1 If award. It was given a lot of compliment.
I wonder whether Xiaomi piston 2.1 and XBA-1 . Which one is better ?

Jun 12, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #128 of 131
Leondinas said:
  Hi.
I was using XBA-1 and lucky enough to get it only for 27$

Now it was spoil on the right pieces. I wonder to buy new one with the same price
However i notice the delight of Xiaomi piston 2.1 If award. It was given a lot of compliment.
I wonder whether Xiaomi piston 2.1 and XBA-1 . Which one is better ?

I haven't heard the Xiaomi, but the XBA 1 isn't a great sounding IEM to begin with, they are very comfortable, ( the most comfortable of the original XBA line) and isolate pretty well, but there are better sounding IEMs, without breaking the bank. My favority IEM under 99 dollars was the FA Eterna (I paid 67 bucks if I remeber correctlyl) , I almost bought it again after my original pair was stolen, but I move to balanced armatured IEMs for a while, of course the Eterna is a dynamic IEM so it will sound different that the XBA, but I do like more the sound of the Eterna from memory. Even the entry level MDR 310 LP from Sony itself sound better than the XBA 1 but with less clarity in the mid range.

Jul 8, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #129 of 131
Fairly new to site, but definitely not new to music and sound. As a professional singer for most of my life have dealt with hundereds of type of buds, headphones and speakers. Just received a set of xba2's and really took about 20 minutes and 6 songs to know what they offer. i deal with most genres of rock and tried them on multiple styles, all at 320 bitrates. When you play a song that starts out as just guitar and vocals for example, they sound great. As soon as the bass and drums kick in, somebody might as well be throwing piles of mud at your ears. If you like extreme levels of muddy bass, these are your buds. If you want to hear what your listening to, save your money. These are on the equivalent level of a mediocre pair of dynamics.  At low volumes they actually do sound "reasonable." But anything above that.... mush. Save your money and buy yourself a set of shure SE 425's They will handle more bass and you actually hear the music as it was intended.... There are places you can buy them new for under $250 even down to $234 if you watch or "make an offer." They will make this entire thread a waste of time.

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #131 of 131
  And I no way endorse Shure or work for them etc.... honestly on comparison I think most of their other products suck and won't touch them.

try a xba-3 , write back , for $68 beat that .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back