Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Jan 10, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #1,456 of 3,257
  I'd be extremely pissed as well. Did you try to contact the post office? They're sometimes aggravating to talk to, but you can schedule a faster delivery. It happened to me with the ortofon-eq 5.

i ordered the gr07 mk2 from singapore to india by normal post(free) and it took just 10 days and my city does not even have an airport.the package came via ship to india and still took just 10 days for delivery.

i was mighty happy

Jan 10, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #1,457 of 3,257
  I'd be extremely pissed as well. Did you try to contact the post office? They're sometimes aggravating to talk to, but you can schedule a faster delivery. It happened to me with the ortofon-eq 5.

I did call them 5 times at least but they don't pick up due to "high volume" of incoming calls.

I also saw the USPS guy and I told him if he know where to pick it up but he said it only said Los Angeles and that there are lots of USPS branches in LA so he don't really know which one my package is in..........

I give them one last chance for tomorrow really I don't know what will I do if I dont get it tomorrow, Friday. I don't know if I can wait till Monday 
angry_face.gif

Jan 10, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #1,458 of 3,257
  I did call them 5 times at least but they don't pick up due to "high volume" of incoming calls.

I also saw the USPS guy and I told him if he know where to pick it up but he said it only said Los Angeles and that there are lots of USPS branches in LA so he don't really know which one my package is in..........

I give them one last chance for tomorrow really I don't know what will I do if I dont get it tomorrow, Friday. I don't know if I can wait till Monday 
angry_face.gif

how many days have passed exactly??

Jan 10, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #1,460 of 3,257
Guys, I thought this was about Sony XBA-H and not US parcel services. Feel free to use the PM facility of this forum. Thanks

Same problem on this thread too, huh? *sigh*

Jan 10, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #1,461 of 3,257
Ericp, I see that you are enjoying the H3, I'm quite impressed with my pair as well. Really excellent update on the XPA sound. Great soundstage, detail,  frequency range, etc. Really play way above their price point, imho.

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #1,462 of 3,257
  Ericp, I see that you are enjoying the H3, I'm quite impressed with my pair as well. Really excellent update on the XPA sound. Great soundstage, detail,  frequency range, etc. Really play way above their price point, imho.

Carlsan I totally agree with you my friend. Funny, how we both understand the H3 and the Cardas. I may take the plunge on the H2 (I don't think the H1 will have enough bass for me, although I hear it sounds good). But I have the Doppios (Zero Audio) dual BAs coming soon, and will order the Astrotec new single/single hybrids. I have a review to do on the Dunu D-900 and Thinksound On1 headphone (which is simply incredible sounding to me) too.

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #1,463 of 3,257

Carlsan I totally agree with you my friend. Funny, how we both understand the H3 and the Cardas. I may take the plunge on the H2 (I don't think the H1 will have enough bass for me, although I hear it sounds good). But I have the Doppios (Zero Audio) dual BAs coming soon, and will order the Astrotec new single/single hybrids. I have a review to do on the Dunu D-900 and Thinksound On1 headphone (which is simply incredible sounding to me) too.

I concur. The unrealstic mids and highs from the xba-40s have been rectified with the xba-h3s, the bass is massive, which adds to the slight lushness of the mids (which many people disliked), and helped the soundstage expand as well as have depth to it, while other iems fail to do so. The detail may not be the average ba type of detail (which is why people here might have been disappointed with the xba-h3s), or better than the dynamic earphone from the ex1000. That's just me though.

You guys forgot to talk about the build though, they are fantastic and feel as though they can take a beating, too bad it's slippery plastic (though not as bad as my S4's). The soft cable is the same as the xba series. Except for one major factor that no one even cared about, so I will hype this part at least.

ITS FRIGGING BLACK AND RED! Don't say I'm the only one who loves these two colors together. It even matches my red and black gaming mouse, with a red and black quilted bed as well! How does no one want to buy the xba-h3s just for the looks? It even has the sound to match the looks as well!

The housing is also not that big, it's just as big as the fxz100s to be honest, but I feel as though the fit is secure, unlike the fxzs. Heck, it even fits better than the kefs.

I'm also sorry for detracting the thread by asking about the postal service, it's all on me. I hope the mods don't mind deleting my posts ._.

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #1,464 of 3,257
  I concur. The unrealstic mids and highs from the xba-40s have been rectified with the xba-h3s, the bass is massive, which adds to the slight lushness of the mids (which many people disliked), and helped the soundstage expand as well as have depth to it, while other iems fail to do so. The detail may not be the average ba type of detail (which is why people here might have been disappointed with the xba-h3s), or better than the dynamic earphone from the ex1000. That's just me though.

You guys forgot to talk about the build though, they are fantastic and feel as though they can take a beating, too bad it's slippery plastic (though not as bad as my S4's). The soft cable is the same as the xba series. Except for one major factor that no one even cared about, so I will hype this part at least.

ITS FRIGGING BLACK AND RED! Don't say I'm the only one who loves these two colors together. It even matches my red and black gaming mouse, with a red and black quilted bed as well! How does no one want to buy the xba-h3s just for the looks? It even has the sound to match the looks as well!

The housing is also not that big, it's just as big as the fxz100s to be honest, but I feel as though the fit is secure, unlike the fxzs. Heck, it even fits better than the kefs.

I'm also sorry for detracting the thread by asking about the postal service, it's all on me. I hope the mods don't mind deleting my posts ._.

X2

Jan 10, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #1,465 of 3,257
Sorry for the USPS talking LOL.

Anyways, I just finally got it and it's the US version with US warranty which is really great!

First impressions:

Build Quality: Simply amazing. The cable is of very high quality and the headphones are very well built. When you see it, you will instantly know that its a very high quality product.

Bass is awesome, not too heavy, to my ears at least, and very nice and is better than the one in the XB90EX.

Treble is what shocked me the most, its present yet not harsh. I can tell if a treble is harsh or bad by listening to a song by Of Monsters And Men named Little Talks. I dont know the name of the instrument in the background but you will know what I am talking about once you hear the song. In some headphones, for example VSonic GR07, it sounded really bad and harsh. I know it because I had it.

Sound Stage is the best I have ever heard in an IEM. It's the same if not better than the Sony 7550.

Comfort is better than the Sony 7550 due to longer hangers.

Noise Isolating is much much better than the Sony 7550; it barely leak!

Overall, They are very similar to the Sony 7550 that I liked so very much but with better sound stage, bass, cable, hangers, 3d seperation but at least $100 more which is worth it in my opinion and that's why I purchased it.

Here are some pictures:

Jan 10, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #1,466 of 3,257
SKilleT glad you finally received the iem's after much frustrations with shipping. I guess it's worth the wait with your initial impressions. Interesting you consider it similar to the 7550, although I have not heard both of them. But I am not unfamiliar with the Sony EX1000.

Jan 10, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #1,467 of 3,257
which is better? dunu dn1000 or sony xba h3?

with similar soundsig of akg k3003 :wink:

anyone have comparison between these 3 hybrid iems?

akg is way too overpriced for it :frowning2:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Jan 10, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #1,468 of 3,257
  SKilleT glad you finally received the iem's after much frustrations with shipping. I guess it's worth the wait with your initial impressions. Interesting you consider it similar to the 7550, although I have not heard both of them. But I am not unfamiliar with the Sony EX1000.

Thanks.

It's like the updated version of the Sony 7550 with even better sound, cable, aesthetics. 

Jan 11, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #1,469 of 3,257
  Thanks.

It's like the updated version of the Sony 7550 with even better sound, cable, aesthetics. 

hear hear! I am disappointed you ignored the colors of the cable, -1 on the impressions.

JK!

Would you say that the build quality of the h-3s are better or the same as the 7550? The housing, in particular.

EDIT: also, for people who are afraid that the h-3s will break due to the cable (in what? 3 years?) there is an extra cable that is included in the pouch that comes with the earphones. I would show pictures of that, but I need to reformat my camera's memory. If I don't have it, by tomorrow, maybe skillet,eric, or carlsan can prove this claim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back