Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Jan 1, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #1,351 of 3,257
what is the cheapest place to buy H3 in London or Belgium? and what's the price? (can't buy online)

Buy online.

Or find your nearest Sony center.

Jan 2, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #1,352 of 3,257
I'm using the H1.. For last two days I hear a kind of very small vibration for the voices through both channels like it's not clear. I tested with other device the same thing is happening. It's only happening when the volume is a little high. Is this normal? Or did the inear damaged? 

Jan 2, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #1,353 of 3,257
  I'm using the H1.. For last two days I hear a kind of very small vibration for the voices through both channels like it's not clear. I tested with other device the same thing is happening. It's only happening when the volume is a little high. Is this normal? Or did the inear damaged? 

what other iem's do u have??

Jan 2, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #1,355 of 3,257
WNCrk8

The tape mod mitigates the problem, but I'd still rate the EX1000's bass quite a bit higher. To me, the H3 are more like a fun alternative to the EX1000 and besides their wide out-of-head presentation, they've actually more in common with Sony's XBA line than the EX's sound signature, at least in the mids and highs.

Jan 2, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #1,358 of 3,257
I should be ordering the XBA H3 in a few days. Late Christmas present to myself.

I plan on using iphone 5 with 256 - 320 VBR kbs tracks until I get the time and disk space to start burning flacs.

My question. As this is my first purchase for IEM over the $60 mark, I am curious if I should look into an amp/dac to truly drive the XBA H3 or not.

Would a dac/amp be the right choice, if I move to flac or just an amp for now for  MP3s?   As it will take time to get flacs.I am most concerned with the lightning connector if I did the amp/dac and would want to bypass the iphone dac.

Any suggestions?

I will post my uncultured opinion of the XBA H3 once I have burned them in.

Thanks

Jan 2, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #1,362 of 3,257
  I have Klipsch S4a, the sound is coming from H1 is like vibrating or like coming under water ... I don't know how to explain 

i also returned h1 as sound was very muddy for me.i though the piece was defective!!,,,took no risk and returned it.

where did u get it from and paid how much??
can u tell me how it compares with s4??

Jan 3, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #1,363 of 3,257
I really like bass.

I am looking to buy the H1, but I am not sure if it will satisfy me.

I have the original XBA-1 where I found it too flat with not enough bass. The sound was also very fatiguing to me for some reason.

I have the xb30ex which I liked for the bass, but the clarity needs some work.

From H1, H2, H3, which do you guys think will satisfy me the most? (in terms of "bassiness")

Thank you for inputs!

Jan 3, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #1,364 of 3,257
Maybe I can correct my self now.

Just so that everyone understands the conditions, here's my rig/reference for this conclusion.
AK100
DIY mini-mini
UHA-6S.MKII
UERM, RE400 as reference.

The clarity, is decent. The mids sound bit congested, but the treble has good BA clarity. However, while bass does have great impact, it's muddy, unlike MDR7550's bass. But overall, solid. If you are a bass head that enjoys great bass impact and treble presence/clarity, H3 is a solid choice.

But if you are a natural head like me, even RE400 is better.

Jan 3, 2014 at 1:33 AM Post #1,365 of 3,257
  Maybe I can correct my self now.

Just so that everyone understands the conditions, here's my rig/reference for this conclusion.
AK100
DIY mini-mini
UHA-6S.MKII
UERM, RE400 as reference.

The clarity, is decent. The mids sound bit congested, but the treble has good BA clarity. However, while bass does have great impact, it's muddy, unlike MDR7550's bass. But overall, solid. If you are a bass head that enjoys great bass impact and treble presence/clarity, H3 is a solid choice.

But if you are a natural head like me, even RE400 is better.

glad i got gr07 mk2 instead,i like a balanced sig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back