Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Jan 3, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #1,366 of 3,257

i also returned h1 as sound was very muddy for me.i though the piece was defective!!,,,took no risk and returned it.

where did u get it from and paid how much??
can u tell me how it compares with s4??

I didn't return it because I don't have that option got if from ebay. If it's defective then I have to send it to Sony i guess. Well Klipsch is really good. when to compare I'm not good with the proper terms but I prefer S4 over H1 because I like treble in music but H1 lacks that. But the bass is good. But S4i treble is too much but with proper eq it's really pleasant. I was looking for a IEM with similar sound signature as S4i. 

Jan 3, 2014 at 6:09 AM Post #1,367 of 3,257
  I didn't return it because I don't have that option got if from ebay. If it's defective then I have to send it to Sony i guess. Well Klipsch is really good. when to compare I'm not good with the proper terms but I prefer S4 over H1 because I like treble in music but H1 lacks that. But the bass is good. But S4i treble is too much but with proper eq it's really pleasant. I was looking for a IEM with similar sound signature as S4i. 

if u love treble u need not even think
get gr07 mk2

but did u get it with a proper receit??
i also got it from ebay.in but with proper receit,i went to sony centre and returned them.waited for 1 month of replacement copy,got it,,,,still did not like it and finally replaced it with walkman e474.

u may need to follow similar procedure but if u like treble with overall neutral signature having excellent clear bass just get gr07.

Jan 3, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #1,368 of 3,257

if u love treble u need not even think
get gr07 mk2

but did u get it with a proper receit??
i also got it from ebay.in but with proper receit,i went to sony centre and returned them.waited for 1 month of replacement copy,got it,,,,still did not like it and finally replaced it with walkman e474.

u may need to follow similar procedure but if u like treble with overall neutral signature having excellent clear bass just get gr07.

It's too much for my price range (12K I think). I spend a lot on H1 can't afford buy something that price range. I'm thinking about Brainwavz M5 it's not that expensive and I see fairly good review about it. But I don't know if the sound signature match as S4i. 

Jan 3, 2014 at 6:19 AM Post #1,369 of 3,257
  It's too much for my price range (12K I think). I spend a lot on H1 can't afford buy something that price range. I'm thinking about Brainwavz M5 it's not that expensive and I see fairly good review about it. But I don't know if the sound signature match as S4i. 

no

u get gr07 mk2 from lendmeurears.com at 8100 rs.

they will send it by post and there will be no customs too as they mark it as 50$ product.

post the lonk of dealer from where u got ur h1,,i may have got from the same

afterlistening to gr07 mk2 its possible that u will give s4 free to someone,ask anyone if u want

Jan 3, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #1,370 of 3,257

no

u get gr07 mk2 from lendmeurears.com at 8100 rs.

they will send it by post and there will be no customs too as they mark it as 50$ product.

post the lonk of dealer from where u got ur h1,,i may have got from the same

afterlistening to gr07 mk2 its possible that u will give s4 free to someone,ask anyone if u want

I got from http://www.ebay.in/usr/rhythmics69 for 6170 INR. Yeah still 8100 INR is expensive at this point. I looking something under 5k 

Jan 3, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #1,371 of 3,257
  Maybe I can correct my self now.

Just so that everyone understands the conditions, here's my rig/reference for this conclusion.
AK100
DIY mini-mini
UHA-6S.MKII
UERM, RE400 as reference.

The clarity, is decent. The mids sound bit congested, but the treble has good BA clarity. However, while bass does have great impact, it's muddy, unlike MDR7550's bass. But overall, solid. If you are a bass head that enjoys great bass impact and treble presence/clarity, H3 is a solid choice.

But if you are a natural head like me, even RE400 is better.

So I guess the Bass is not as tight and well controlled as the H200?
Thanks for making the effort Kimvictor!

Jan 3, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #1,372 of 3,257

So I guess the Bass is not as tight and well controlled as the H200?
Thanks for making the effort Kimvictor!

I think the bass clears up significantly with burn-in and with amping. But I do appreciate Kimvictor's thoughts. The H200 doesn't touch the H3 in my opinion. I too thought the bass was a bit muddy upon first listen though, but it cleared up.

Jan 3, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #1,373 of 3,257
Maybe I can correct my self now.

Just so that everyone understands the conditions, here's my rig/reference for this conclusion.
AK100
DIY mini-mini
UHA-6S.MKII
UERM, RE400 as reference.

The clarity, is decent. The mids sound bit congested, but the treble has good BA clarity. However, while bass does have great impact, it's muddy, unlike MDR7550's bass. But overall, solid. If you are a bass head that enjoys great bass impact and treble presence/clarity, H3 is a solid choice.

But if you are a natural head like me, even RE400 is better.

I think the bass clears up significantly with burn-in and with amping. But I do appreciate Kimvictor's thoughts. The H200 doesn't touch the H3 in my opinion. I too thought the bass was a bit muddy upon first listen though, but it cleared up.

I don't doubt his impressions, but he also said the mids sounded congested, would a bad fit have something to do with an increased mudiness and mids sounding congested?

Jan 3, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #1,374 of 3,257
I don't doubt his impressions, but he also said the mids sounded congested, would a bad fit have something to do with an increased mudiness and mids sounding congested?

Hmm? Might. I don't want to say he's wrong in how he hear the H3. He hears it the way he hears it, and I respect that. I just don't hear it that way (regarding muddy bass or congested mids). But I also understand when he references the earphones he love. I haven't heard all of them, but I have the RE-400. And while I enjoy its signature on a limited basis, it just doesn't have enough bass (or bass impact) for me, although I've found some tips that make it more tolerable. So it's not a bad earphone, but just preference. And that's how I hear the H3. Not a bad earphone by any stretch of the imagination (to me it's actually great), but I can see it not being everyone's cup of tea. And if you're someone who loves the RE-400 and neutral earphones like that, then the H3 is probably going to be too much for you. I'm just saying.

Jan 3, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #1,375 of 3,257
I respect everyone's opinion as well and understand that there is no wrong answer in how we perceive sound. thanks for sharing your thoughts eric. I was just thinking that the experience might be better for him if he fixed the fit a bit.

That is just my experience though, as the ath-im02 are picky with the seal you get. Too deep, and the sound becomes unbearable to listen to.

Jan 3, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #1,376 of 3,257
Diplomacy will get us nowhere.

Jan 3, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #1,377 of 3,257
^ Lol!

Jan 3, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #1,379 of 3,257
Hi Chaps, found some of the comments re poor clarity, mids congestion of the H3 a bit perplexing over the last few pages. Perhaps there wasn't enough burn in, but I'm listening with an unamped e474 'man over nothing more than 192kpbs and the sound is world class with jazz. Clarity and sound stage to the hills and back.

Jan 3, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #1,380 of 3,257
TBH, it was more about recessed mids then congested mids, but the mids do lack a bit of transparency when compared to the references. The bass impact though, is better then H-200. My only major complain is about the lacking clarity/tightness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back