Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Sep 15, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #3,181 of 3,257
Got a pair used. First impression: Brilliant with some genres and underwhelming with some.

Just for the sake of it, tried putting them straight in rather than the normal around the ears style. Made a massive difference and I mean MASSIVE.

you meant you removed the ear hooks (hangers or what ever they are called)?

Sep 18, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #3,185 of 3,257
Put it simple XBA-A3 is better than H3, no more boom bass, no more mid warble-distortion, more airy presentation & huge soundstage, better fit and isolation (I can insert them deeper)

Oct 12, 2015 at 8:01 AM Post #3,187 of 3,257

SOLD OUT FOR GOOD

Man u seem to be pretty angry with H3
wink_face.gif

Oct 16, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #3,189 of 3,257
You know, I put my H3 up for sale, not because they're bad, as always my natural preference for brighter gear eventually takes over. Anyway I had them listed for a few days, was messing around picking my bum, I kept saying to myself "don't you listen to them H20, you know what happens when you do that". Was really late last night and got the better of me, put them back in my ears then within 20 minutes closed the sale..

Oct 16, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #3,190 of 3,257
You know, I put my H3 up for sale, not because they're bad, as always my natural preference for brighter gear eventually takes over. Anyway I had them listed for a few days, was messing around picking my bum, I kept saying to myself "don't you listen to them H20, you know what happens when you do that". Was really late last night and got the better of me, put them back in my ears then within 20 minutes closed the sale..

So they're not crook after all.

Oct 16, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #3,191 of 3,257

I did exactly the same 3 times putting it up for sale after I got a IE800 .. just because the IE800 so expensive I was expecting it to be much better. Then I would use the H3 again and I find it has better body than the IE800 making the IE800 just sound thin and it was a fiddly iem as well. So not until I got the 846 and Z5 that I finally let go of the H3. I still think the H3 are awesome for the price they go for now.

Oct 16, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #3,192 of 3,257
  So they're not crook after all.

I did exactly the same 3 times putting it up for sale after I got a IE800 .. just because the IE800 so expensive I was expecting it to be much better. Then I would use the H3 again and I find it has better body than the IE800 making the IE800 just sound thin and it was a fiddly iem as well. So not until I got the 846 and Z5 that I finally let go of the H3. I still think the H3 are awesome for the price they go for now.

For me, I understand their limited performance, but there are times I need that warmer sound for relaxing, especially late at night.

Oct 17, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #3,193 of 3,257

For me, I understand their limited performance, but there are times I need that warmer sound for relaxing, especially late at night.

If you're looking for limited performance, try Apple Ear Pods. C'mon they're not that bad.

Oct 17, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #3,194 of 3,257
Wish i had tried my H3's with my new NW-ZX100 but well we make some decisions tooe arly LOL esp when i panic so bad at news like XBA line discontinuation rumors, like my friend "SONY HAS KILLED THE WALKMAN INTO A NEW COMPANY" I almost chocked on a piece of bread or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Back