Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Aug 20, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #3,166 of 3,257
  My setup consists of a Walkman A17 -> Fiio L5 LOD -> OPPO HA-2 -> XBA-H3, no eq all flat and they are amazing phones, Let's see what sony brings up at the IFA 2015 in two weeks i think

I meant to use EQ to tame a bad recording.

Aug 20, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #3,167 of 3,257
Aug 25, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #3,168 of 3,257
I have a question for you, my XBA-H3 started to sound distorted on highs, and i wonder if its the headphones or the cable (doubt the cable, because if cable then i heard then crackling not highs distorting), so i am planning first to try a recable witht he fiio for shure, will that fit (fiio's SE-RC1)?

Aug 26, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #3,169 of 3,257
  I have a question for you, my XBA-H3 started to sound distorted on highs, and i wonder if its the headphones or the cable (doubt the cable, because if cable then i heard then crackling not highs distorting), so i am planning first to try a recable witht he fiio for shure, will that fit (fiio's SE-RC1)?

Do you mean distorted on high volume, peaks or high frequencies? Might be your amp, not the cable. You might be overloading it. What is your equipment chain? Don't know about other cables, mine never gave me any trouble.

Aug 26, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #3,170 of 3,257

Do you mean distorted on high volume, peaks or high frequencies? Might be your amp, not the cable. You might be overloading it. What is your equipment chain? Don't know about other cables, mine never gave me any trouble.

distorted on high freqs my chain is a NWZ-A17 sony walkman-> fiio L5 LOD -> Oppo HA-2  Amp--> XBA-H3

Aug 26, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #3,171 of 3,257

distorted on high freqs my chain is a NWZ-A17 sony walkman-> fiio L5 LOD -> Oppo HA-2  Amp--> XBA-H3

Besides checking you settings across the board, did you try another IEM or headphone with the same volume control level, etc.? Did you try the low gain setting on the HA-2? Then it's time to eliminate each piece, one at a time. Plug something else into the HA-2 input, you have a line out from your laptop or PC?. Isn't the HA-2 also a DAC? Then try your laptop or PC's USB out, taking the walkman off the chain.

Aug 26, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #3,172 of 3,257
Besides checking you settings across the board, did you try another IEM or headphone with the same volume control level, etc.? Did you try the low gain setting on the HA-2? Then it's time to eliminate each piece, one at a time. Plug something else into the HA-2 input, you have a line out from your laptop or PC?. Isn't the HA-2 also a DAC? Then try your laptop or PC's USB out, taking the walkman off the chain.

Tried it with MDR-1R same volume settings, My XBA-H3 are always on Low gain, MDR-1R are the ones set on high gain, tired on pc too and it does the distortion on the XBA-H3's.

Connected my H3 to the pc directly to auction a new download and also had this distortion

Aug 26, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #3,173 of 3,257
Is the xba h1 worth getting its like $75 used

Aug 27, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #3,174 of 3,257
  Tried it with MDR-1R same volume settings, My XBA-H3 are always on Low gain, MDR-1R are the ones set on high gain, tired on pc too and it does the distortion on the XBA-H3's.

Connected my H3 to the pc directly to auction a new download and also had this distortion

Wow, I guess the process of elimination doesn't bode well for your pair of H3's.

Aug 27, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #3,175 of 3,257
Wow, I guess the process of elimination doesn't bode well for your pair of H3's.

And they're out of warranty (typical sony 1yr), well, seems i will have to evaluate what new offers does sony present at the IFA 2015, there's rumored xperia Z5 smartphone, walkman A20 and ZX100, but nothing has been rumored on XBA line of heaphones until now

They are the nest "earbuds" i have evr heard, coming from always sony buds and even the XBA-1, this one is boy the best thing. if nothing is offered at IFA, then i will go either for a XBA-Z5(amazon) or XBA-A3 (via accessoryJack) as they say A3 closely resembles z5 in tonal quality, but Z5 is all metal casing
biggrin.gif
 so it doesn't discolors (tough my XBA-H3 never discolored at all kudos to sony on this)

Aug 27, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #3,176 of 3,257
  And they're out of warranty (typical sony 1yr), well, seems i will have to evaluate what new offers does sony present at the IFA 2015, there's rumored xperia Z5 smartphone, walkman A20 and ZX100, but nothing has been rumored on XBA line of heaphones until now

They are the nest "earbuds" i have evr heard, coming from always sony buds and even the XBA-1, this one is boy the best thing. if nothing is offered at IFA, then i will go either for a XBA-Z5(amazon) or XBA-A3 (via accessoryJack) as they say A3 closely resembles z5 in tonal quality, but Z5 is all metal casing
biggrin.gif
 so it doesn't discolors (tough my XBA-H3 never discolored at all kudos to sony on this)

Good luck, I hope things work out better/last longer.

Sep 5, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #3,177 of 3,257
Turned to be the cable, replaced it with another cable and now they work fine, BTW i am selling them if one insterested classifed is on my signature

Sep 15, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #3,180 of 3,257
Got a pair used. First impression: Brilliant with some genres and underwhelming with some.

Just for the sake of it, tried putting them straight in rather than the normal around the ears style. Made a massive difference and I mean MASSIVE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back