Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
Jun 20, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #2,236 of 3,257
  IMO that's just an excuse, just look at seeral of the previous pages. I seem to remember something similar happening in the past in this thread, only your posts were less subtle. You're position is already well established and if you don't have something new or important to add, you might consider toning it down bit. Just say'in.

am just asking for a review man,,,no agenda from my side.
this iem is going for just 250$ right now at amazon down from 300$+,,,,if its good enough for the price i would take a chance as my gr07 are back to lmue for warranty purposes.

but i haven't seen any comparisons with the competition

Jun 20, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #2,237 of 3,257

am just asking for a review man,,,no agenda from my side.
this iem is going for just 250$ right now at amazon down from 300$+,,,,if its good enough for the price i would take a chance as my gr07 are back to lmue for warranty purposes.

but i haven't seen any comparisons with the competition

Can you please just cool it, IMO your reasons don't have much traction.

Jun 20, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #2,238 of 3,257

:wink: :p yes you knew it before.......and were right!!!!
I am confessig this from my small tent somewhere in the French Alps listening to my music after an exhausting hike.

Jun 20, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #2,239 of 3,257
We already figured what sardar was up to about 100 pages back. Most of his remarks are misconceptions, as he's never even owned an H3, let alone heard a "matured" one. If you don't like Sony's "commercial sound" (Whatever the hell that means), no need to remind everyone else constantly.

+1 . I've read nearly every post on this thread, pro and con. Personally I really like my H3's but that's just my opinion. I completely understand someone obsessing over how good they feel a product is but always a bit strange when they obsess about it in a negative way, particularly if they've never owned it. 

Jun 20, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #2,240 of 3,257
wink.gif
tongue.gif
yes you knew it before.......and were right!!!!
I am confessig this from my small tent somewhere in the French Alps listening to my music after an exhausting hike.

Lol, have a great vacation!
beerchug.gif

Jun 21, 2014 at 4:02 AM Post #2,243 of 3,257
The XBA-H3 doesn't have a crossover network but it is very well designed to avoid needing one. The bass doesn't seem to bleed into the mids but it does have a wall of bass effect when powered with a Headstage Arrow 4G amplifier. Love that huge bass!

Jun 21, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #2,244 of 3,257
The XBA-H3 doesn't have a crossover network but it is very well designed to avoid needing one. The bass doesn't seem to bleed into the mids but it does have a wall of bass effect when powered with a Headstage Arrow 4G amplifier. Love that huge bass!

Could be a mechanical filter based crossover in play as they've done in the past.

Jun 21, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #2,245 of 3,257
The H3's continue to amaze me. Maybe I just haven't listened to high end iem's enough although I have auditioned quite a few but prior to these my "best" ones were Westone UM2's, some of the early Shures (can't even remember the models it was a few years ago.) and Bose QC20i (purchased for active NC only). Anyway, I dozed off listening to them last night and woke up a bit later thinking someone was in my room talking to me! I've done this before (dozed off) with my other iem's but never had that effect. I just find the separation and clarity are head and shoulders above some of the other iem's I've tried - the great bass is a given. I'm going to try and listen to Shure 846 and see how much difference there is for the $700 price increase.Has anybody else listened to both the H3 and the 846?

Jun 21, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #2,246 of 3,257
Although I don't really need them I'm ever so tempted to purchase H3, and I have no true explanation why. I saw them for $300 on a website a few days ago and just became drawn to them. Must be the build I really REALLY liked.

Jun 21, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #2,247 of 3,257
Although I don't really need them I'm ever so tempted to purchase H3, and I have no true explanation why. I saw them for $300 on a website a few days ago and just became drawn to them. Must be the build I really REALLY liked.

i am dying for an impression but i don't think many in india have this thing really.
and otherwise its beyond my budget,,,300$ is too much.

in india i am getting ue900 for 220$ with bill,,,,,from ebay with seller having 99.5% rating.

is that good deal??

Jun 21, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #2,248 of 3,257
All I'm going to say is that if you do, don't go into it thinking you will get a reference flat sound. If you want a warm signature that is sibilant free, and want some of the best bass and separation at the the same time as you've ever heard, these are the answer. I own over 50 pairs of headphones and iems, and these are the best for movies, soundtracks, electronic music, hip hop, female voices, and long listening sessions. Going back to anything else I own after a few hours of these sounds sibilant and bass anemic. If you're getting them for the right reasons as I described you will be more than happy with your purchase. PS Amazon had them on special for 250 when I bought mine, they might still have that promo deal going on.

I love mine and after hearing them I honestly would have paid more than I did for them.

Jun 21, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #2,249 of 3,257
i am dying for an impression but i don't think many in india have this thing really.
and otherwise its beyond my budget,,,300$ is too much.

in india i am getting ue900 for 220$ with bill,,,,,from ebay with seller having 99.5% rating.

is that good deal??

I haven't heard UE900, though $220 sounds decent . Many mentions reporting build fatalities though. H3 is pretty decent, if I was in USA with access to Amazon when they were $250? I woulda dun it.

Jun 21, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #2,250 of 3,257
All I'm going to say is that if you do, don't go into it thinking you will get a reference flat sound. If you want a warm signature that is sibilant free, and want some of the best bass and separation at the the same time as you've ever heard, these are the answer. I own over 50 pairs of headphones and iems, and these are the best for movies, soundtracks, electronic music, hip hop, female voices, and long listening sessions. Going back to anything else I own after a few hours of these sounds sibilant and bass anemic. If you're getting them for the right reasons as I described you will be more than happy with your purchase. PS Amazon had them on special for 250 when I bought mine, they might still have that promo deal going on.

I love mine and after hearing them I honestly would have paid more than I did for them.

damn amazon usa,,curse u

amazon india is a piece of **** compared to usa version,everything at least 50% costly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back