Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
May 5, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #1,951 of 3,257
The unit I reviewed had the same glue excess...

Glad I'm not alone. I'm actually looking forward to running in the park today because of these. On another note- I Can't pull the trigger on a Sony ZX-1. I want one so bad, but my iphone, when using EQu sounds so good. Maybe an a200p would be a better bet? 800 bucks for a player is a lot, but these phones gave me the bug. :D

May 6, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #1,953 of 3,257

Beautiful photos ~ I especially like the one with the piano keys! 
rolleyes.gif

May 6, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #1,954 of 3,257
As an aside, this new pair seems to have some extra glue or something strange running along the seam of the casing, from the manufacturing process. The first pair does not. Tiny "issue" I'm just being super anal, because I was obviously examining the replacement pair like a hawk. Second pair, I hope to keep for a very long time! They sound absolutely divine-even off my lowly iphone 5!

Btw I just realized I was using the foam/silicone tips, ( put them on from the start- on both pairs) thinking that they were in fact the "hybrids", but realized I had made mistake. Pulled them off and put the original tips that they shipped with ( the green ones) without the foam..let's just say- huge improvement. The foam/silicone one suck all the life out of the music. The ones with out the foam have Deeper bass, better staging. (Yes- I tested both the old and new pair with the green hybrid tips)

The more I'm thinking about the possible causes- maybe a bad BA driver? Maybe the original owner of my first pair fried something in them? Oh well- back in the game with a sick pair of IEM's

Just had to share with you guys.

No glue on mine but I agree 100% on the tips - the silicone hybrids really make these shine - The sony foam/silicon or Comply Ts200's really muffle the sound for me, whereas the silicon hybrids really add to the "sparkle"

May 8, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #1,956 of 3,257
I compared my cousin's XB90EX to my XBA-H3 and really there is just huge difference!

I love love love the XBA-H3 and I find them perfect the way they are even without tape mod which I don't use.

May 9, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #1,959 of 3,257
The EX 1000 that I own should be quite similar to the MDR 7550. The H3 is more fun oriented in the bass region. The bass is boosted and a little inexact. For me the dynamic driver of the EX 1000 is more balanced overall and has a nice sparkle on the treble. I can enjoy both, but honestly you don't need the H3 if you have the MDR 7550. BTW the fit of the H3 is more problematic, as they are really large compared to the MDR 7550/EX 1000.

May 9, 2014 at 6:16 AM Post #1,960 of 3,257
The EX 1000 that I own should be quite similar to the MDR 7550. The H3 is more fun oriented in the bass region. The bass is boosted and a little inexact. For me the dynamic driver of the EX 1000 is more balanced overall and has a nice sparkle on the treble. I can enjoy both, but honestly you don't need the H3 if you have the MDR 7550. BTW the fit of the H3 is more problematic, as they are really large compared to the MDR 7550/EX 1000.

thanks ! actually im deciding between those two. i listen to alot of prog metal and i dont like too much bass in my iem. which will suit me best ? 

May 9, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #1,961 of 3,257
From the logic I would suggest the MDR 7550. They have a deep, but not boosted bass and the treble are a little less pronounced as the EX 1000. Should be very good for your genre.

May 9, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #1,963 of 3,257
Oh the EX-1000 is a lot fun, it is only that he did not want too much bass. And you cannot count how ofter the EX-1000 put a smile on my face...
L3000.gif

May 9, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #1,964 of 3,257
I believe a wide bore tip helps the H3 open up a bit more. I was using the Auveo (radioshack) tips but they were a bit "spongy" and never had as nice a fit as the sony tips. But I switched to the spiral dot tips from the new jvc fx woodies and they are great! Wide bore and comfortable. Here is a couple pics showing the sony hybrid next to the spiral dot:

May 9, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #1,965 of 3,257
I believe a wide bore tip helps the H3 open up a bit more. I was using the Auveo (radioshack) tips but they were a bit "spongy" and never had as nice a fit as the sony tips. But I switched to the spiral dot tips from the new jvc fx woodies and they are great! Wide bore and comfortable. Here is a couple pics showing the sony hybrid next to the spiral dot:

Do they isolate better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back