Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM
May 12, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #1,981 of 3,257
XBA-H3 without that annoying "Beats" cable 
ksc75smile.gif

May 13, 2014 at 1:29 AM Post #1,985 of 3,257
I'm trying to photograph Sony H3 and we don't get along at all unfortunately. 
rolleyes.gif

I want to hurt them. 
tongue_smile.gif

May 13, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #1,987 of 3,257
  WHOAAA the sharpness hurts my eyes...

tongue_smile.gif

Yes, the detail is there but someone needs to show me how to set them up without pulling my hair out. (I've given up for today and will try again tomorrow)

As for the sound they're basically what I thought they'd be. Very nice but no giant killer or game changer, Sony house sound/signature obviously present.

Keep in mind I've only listened to them about 15 minutes so please no-one beat me up yet. :p

May 13, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #1,988 of 3,257
Yes, the detail is there but someone needs to show me how to set them up without pulling my hair out. (I've given up for today and will try again tomorrow)

As for the sound they're basically what I thought they'd be. Very nice but no giant killer or game changer, Sony house sound/signature obviously present.

Keep in mind I've only listened to them about 15 minutes so please no-one beat me up yet. :p

Can someone at least spank you?

Thats the nicest thing anyone can do to reproach your disinterested comment. :rage:

May 13, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #1,989 of 3,257

Do you have it paired with your F806? Mine absolutely sings off my F887! 
ksc75smile.gif

May 13, 2014 at 1:55 AM Post #1,990 of 3,257
Can someone at least spank you?

Thats the nicest thing anyone can do to reproach your disinterested comment. :rage:

Sure! Long as I can wear my brand new jet black Yamaha PRO500s.(arrived today and I'm very happy with them) I've had too much audio related gear arrive today, it's a burden as much it is fun. Give me a few days to relax with H3 in my meditation chamber.

May 13, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #1,992 of 3,257

Bunnings mate, tools shop, $9 goes a long way - 100mm spring clamp ($3) and a pair of basic bar clamp ($6 for pack of 2)

use the spring clamp as the base to grip the bar on the bar clamp, and use the clamp section to clamp the cable near the earpiece so it 'hangs' there, voila...$9 simple macro setup 
tongue_smile.gif

May 13, 2014 at 4:14 AM Post #1,993 of 3,257

Bunnings mate, tools shop, $9 goes a long way - 100mm spring clamp ($3) and a pair of basic bar clamp ($6 for pack of 2)

use the spring clamp as the base to grip the bar on the bar clamp, and use the clamp section to clamp the cable near the earpiece so it 'hangs' there, voila...$9 simple macro setup 
tongue_smile.gif

I had another go of it.

I must say the build on these things is absolutely fantastic, ridiculously good. They just scream quality all over.

May 13, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #1,994 of 3,257
Sure! Long as I can wear my brand new jet black Yamaha PRO500s.(arrived today and I'm very happy with them) I've had too much audio related gear arrive today, it's a burden as much it is fun. Give me a few days to relax with H3 in my meditation chamber.

Sure thing, lol!

Are the yamaha pro500s bass cannons in your opinion? I remember reading a thread where a headfier posted different tieds of bass headphones and classified the yamahas as the cannon headphones.

And you should enjoy the h3s after burnin, if not, then there is another earphone you could try that is better or as good as the sonys for a cheaper price.

May 13, 2014 at 4:33 AM Post #1,995 of 3,257
Sure thing, lol!

Are the yamaha pro500s bass cannons in your opinion? I remember reading a thread where a headfier posted different tieds of bass headphones and classified the yamahas as the cannon headphones.

And you should enjoy the h3s after burnin, if not, then there is another earphone you could try that is better or as good as the sonys for a cheaper price.

A little bit. 
biggrin.gif
 Especially when I first opened them, I was O_O. It seemed to settle a little after an hour, it's fast. I don't think PRO500 are going to win any striving awards for accuracy and balance however they're just so damn addictive, a little like ASG-2 in that respect. (just really fun). Terribly easy to drive as well simply from Sansa Clip Zip (PRO500)

The H3 aren't mine sadly, they're a loaner unit from one of our members, however I'll have them for a week and pop in to say hi.

Oh, I took frekedech's photo and edited it for him while I had PS open , I hope he doesn't mind? (I'm really addicted to it)

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back