Sony XBA-A3 - Impressions Thread
Jan 28, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #182 of 474
I agree about the TF10, they're old tech and the XBAs are better, but I just can't let my TF10s go.

Feb 1, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #183 of 474
Finally had a decent day here in chicago and I took down all the christmas decorations listening to these the entire time. They never fell out once and the sound and comfort are top notch. By far one of the best purchases ever. I love these. 

Feb 1, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #184 of 474
biggrin.gif
plan to buy these recently. subscribed 

Feb 1, 2016 at 5:11 PM Post #186 of 474
  thanks... makes me feel better about them not being a "lemon" variation. People seem to say the A3 are bassier to the point that they are too muddy...The bass is better, but not as plentiful as the A2. The A2 is just overall warmer and intimate. The A2 is amazing in its own right but I just feel the A3 bring it to another level of refinement. At msrp i would not recommend the price difference, but if you find a good price they are keepers.

you need to be careful to screen those who did the review. some are genuine reviewer. some are just wannabe. 

Feb 2, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #187 of 474

biggrin.gif
plan to buy these recently. subscribed 

​You won't regret, as the poster above said ONE OF THE BEST PURCHASES I'VE MADE

^^^ This

Received mine today and the initial test with the now poor and worn e18 were awesome. I'm going to see how it pairs with the Fiio X3 gen2 when that arrives tomorrow.

If it all fails then we're looking at costly upgrades towards the pha-3.

Cons
- I do not like the cable supplied and am looking for options in the UK if possible.
- Fit for me is not perfect obviously it's still early days and I've got a lot more testing to do, however I'm seriously considering that this IEM is rewarded by custom snugs

What do you gents think ?

Feb 2, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #188 of 474
^^^ This

Received mine today and the initial test with the now poor and worn e18 were awesome. I'm going to see how it pairs with the Fiio X3 gen2 when that arrives tomorrow.

If it all fails then we're looking at costly upgrades towards the pha-3.

Cons
- I do not like the cable supplied and am looking for options in the UK if possible.
- Fit for me is not perfect obviously it's still early days and I've got a lot more testing to do, however I'm seriously considering that this IEM is rewarded by custom snugs

What do you gents think ?

Vote for the pha-3. But would upgrade to the Z5 before so you can take advantage of the balanced.

The pha-2 is a good look as well, my friend owns it and it sounds wonderful.

Feb 3, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #189 of 474
As far as the cable supplied, it's better than you think. Yes, it's thin, but I'm getting like zero microphonics. I use these with an ipod classic and jds labs c5 amp and am totally blown away by the clarity. I couldn't imagine them sounding any better. I listen to all types of music and I was listening to Adagio for Strings by the London Philharmonic Orchestra and I could actually hear the musicians breathing. I've listened to that track with numerous other headphones and never heard that before.

Feb 3, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #190 of 474
  As far as the cable supplied, it's better than you think. Yes, it's thin, but I'm getting like zero microphonics. I use these with an ipod classic and jds labs c5 amp and am totally blown away by the clarity. I couldn't imagine them sounding any better. I listen to all types of music and I was listening to Adagio for Strings by the London Philharmonic Orchestra and I could actually hear the musicians breathing. I've listened to that track with numerous other headphones and never heard that before.

I had this experience too with some Froberger's pieces, I could hear the musicacian breathing and moving the keyboards in and out (Harpsichord)

Feb 5, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #191 of 474
I have a question about these?  How are these for walking/use outdoors?  I know they are bulky buds and I don't plan on using them for exercise/running but are they good for general use walking around/out and about?  Some specifics are how are the microphonics?  How is the isolation?  Are they bulky to the point of uncomfortable?  Are they durable?

Thank you for any help

Feb 5, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #192 of 474
I have a question about these?  How are these for walking/use outdoors?  I know they are bulky buds and I don't plan on using them for exercise/running but are they good for general use walking around/out and about?  Some specifics are how are the microphonics?  How is the isolation?  Are they bulky to the point of uncomfortable?  Are they durable?

Thank you for any help

It's really dependant on the person. Walking should be fine, especially if you get them snug.

Feb 5, 2016 at 2:39 AM Post #194 of 474
I used to have and love my Triple Fi 10's but the A3's are on a whole different level, really one of the best bargains in IEM world IMHO at around $250 I also have the Z5's and consider than slightly better in all aspects over the A3 but the Z5's are also around twice as expensive on avg. and unless you can get the Z5's at a really good price they're not really worth the upgrade to me as their sound is very very similar to the A3's

Feb 5, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #195 of 474

Thank you for any help

I love mine, you can walk with them But make sure is not windy or you get wind noise LOL. as for cable microphonics i don't get any at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back