Sony XBA-A2 need help/opinion
Jun 25, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #76 of 233
Tried every single setting from software bass boost to hardware bass boost, i'm not sure but do those IEMs really able to deliver this kind of Bass, or only over ear headphones can?

did you use an amp? it seems you need an amp for them. may be you should get fiio e6 amp, not only it gives more ohms but also has two bass boosts lol.

Jun 25, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #77 of 233
whats the soundstage like on sony xba-a2? is it large or small like on all iems? the largest soundstage ive heard was on sennheiser hd598 but it gives me headache because of its thin sound. before ive heard that headphone i didnt know what soundstage was. and on iems ive never heard large soundstage, mostly non existen really. but i cant use that headphone, for one i dont like headphones anymore because i dont have anywhere to put them if im on the go, and iems i can put in pocket. and two i get headache with sennheiser sound, even if it has detailed audio and is airy. and third i like bass. and fourth my ears are sensisive to high frequency. whats the soundstage like on sony xba-a2? also what the high frequency like on xba-a2 would they hurt my ears or they are ok? thanks

Jun 25, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #78 of 233
whats the soundstage like on sony xba-a2? is it large or small like on all iems? the largest soundstage ive heard was on sennheiser hd598 but it gives me headache because of its thin sound. before ive heard that headphone i didnt know what soundstage was. and on iems ive never heard large soundstage, mostly non existen really. but i cant use that headphone, for one i dont like headphones anymore because i dont have anywhere to put them if im on the go, and iems i can put in pocket. and two i get headache with sennheiser sound, even if it has detailed audio and is airy. and third i like bass. and fourth my ears are sensisive to high frequency. whats the soundstage like on sony xba-a2? also what the high frequency like on xba-a2 would they hurt my ears or they are ok? thanks

I have the same issues and the same question but for the A3

Jun 26, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #80 of 233
just to clarify you use your fiio e12 with gain turned to high to get the bass? or on low gain? thanks

Jun 26, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #81 of 233
  I'm considering buying the Creative E5 to figure out if i have missing something through XB90EX all these years

I'm using a Cayin C5 which is a beast with a very very nice hardware bass boost and I use it on high gain with my xb90ex.
This is surely why some folks are getting less bass. These handle a lot of good amp and sub bass boosting

Jun 27, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #82 of 233
 I'm using a Cayin C5 which is a beast with a very very nice hardware bass boost and I use it on high gain with my xb90ex.
This is surely why some folks are getting less bass. These handle a lot of good amp and sub bass boosting

Alright i bought these iems sony xba-a2 i thought that if i dont like them i will send them back, they have a few days that i can send them back. for some reason i didnt feel regrating buying them. lol i checked other iems you liked and they are all with too much bass so i think these will be with bass too. Would i need an amp for them? how do they sound without an amp on iphone? or they are ok for iphone? there are a few amps out i dont know which one. so let me know if i need an amp for them or if they sound good on iphone as it is, thanks

Jun 27, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #83 of 233
Alright i bought these iems sony xba-a2 i thought that if i dont like them i will send them back, they have a few days that i can send them back. for some reason i didnt feel regrating buying them. lol i checked other iems you liked and they are all with too much bass so i think these will be with bass too. Would i need an amp for them? how do they sound without an amp on iphone? or they are ok for iphone? there are a few amps out i dont know which one. so let me know if i need an amp for them or if they sound good on iphone as it is, thanks

These are the best iem that I own in overall ease of use. They don't need an amp they don't need an eq and they play Hip Hop or Rock with equal solid footing.

I think an amp is not needed and any eq adjusts would be your personal choice.  The R&B preset on the iphone should be fine for bass that is present but not over powering.

Jun 28, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #84 of 233
Have been trying Sony A2 and A3 today, A2 definitely sounds better than A3. It sounded more neutral. Maybe because I'm coming from DBA MK II - Sony H3 and back to DBA MK II again. Sony house sounds doesn't fit right to my taste. Btw Sony A2 is good for those who like warm and good decay bass sound.

Jun 28, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #85 of 233
Have been trying Sony A2 and A3 today, A2 definitely sounds better than A3. It sounded more neutral. Maybe because I'm coming from DBA MK II - Sony H3 and back to DBA MK II again. Sony house sounds doesn't fit right to my taste. Btw Sony A2 is good for those who like warm and good decay bass sound.

So you owned both A2 and A3 or you just tested it?

Jun 28, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #86 of 233
 These are the best iem that I own in overall ease of use. They don't need an amp they don't need an eq and they play Hip Hop or Rock with equal solid footing.

I think an amp is not needed and any eq adjusts would be your personal choice.  The R&B preset on the iphone should be fine for bass that is present but not over powering.

thanks, i checked and they said that they posted it, i suppose japanese post works on sundays. irish post works on saturday but they post it on monday though. and english post brings post to people on saturdays but not in ireland. i guess some countries post on sunday too. quite efficient there in japan. im just thinking how many days it take to get here. considering its going across asia and europe, or if you go the other way australia and americas. its pretty funny that you can get stuff from across the globe the other side of globe these days.

Jun 28, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #87 of 233

its probably not for people who like sennheiser treble heads, i like detail of sennheiser but its thin sound and hyperextended high frequencies give me a headache, otherwise i would have already gotten hd598 or hd600, hd598 sound good, soundstage is massive, sense of air is big too. but they lack bass as well. just didnt fit overall. we will see about xba-a2 may be i will be as disapointed as with most iems headphones i got before. people on instagram that have them say they are perfect, but there are people who also didnt like them in reviews. im not a sony fanboy but i never had sony cans so im willing to give it a try. if this is a fail i will move on to something else. cheers

Jun 28, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #88 of 233
If you are contemplating whether to take A2 over A3, you have made good decision. A2 is more open and less weighty than A3, but both earphone is pretty weighty.
soundstage wise, its ok, just nothing to shout about.

Have u try FAD Heaven II (cheaper, just less rumble bass) and IV?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back