Sony XBA-A2 need help/opinion
Jun 20, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #33 of 233
  I'm intending to buy the XBA-A2 but as i have seen its rated 32ohm does this means that i will need an Amp to have the best audio experiance, i'm intending to use it primarily with my Xperia Z2 phone and i don't like attaching a portable amp when outdoor. What do you think?

Yes a dedicated player with an amp will give you the best audio experience. I'm sure the Z2 will do it just fine but for the best sound I recommend what I said before.

Jun 20, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #35 of 233
  So while checking prices i came to a store which is selling the XBA-A3 so discounted that it is just 20$ more than the XBA-A2!!, What do you think, should i go with the A3?

Mind sharing the link?

Jun 21, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #38 of 233
  Here is:
accessoryjack com/sony-xba-a3-hi-res-hybrid-3-way-driver-balanced-armature-headphones-black

I looked at this site couple months back when I bought my A3 and there was still a noticeable price difference between the A2 and A3. But at this price although I never heard the A2 before but just how the A3 comes with an extra cable and also a much nicer carrying case it's a no-brainer to buy the A3.

HOWEVER, please note that the A3 is a ported design. The A2 is completely closed. 

Jun 21, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #39 of 233

I looked at this site couple months back when I bought my A3 and there was still a noticeable price difference between the A2 and A3. But at this price although I never heard the A2 before but just how the A3 comes with an extra cable and also a much nicer carrying case it's a no-brainer to buy the A3.

HOWEVER, please note that the A3 is a ported design. The A2 is completely closed. 

Will according to Sony the A2 comes with two detachable cables too, but i'm a little spectacular about the sound isolation of the A3 considering its ergonomics, what do you think? i will be using it mostly outdoors

Jun 21, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #40 of 233
  Will according to Sony the A2 comes with two detachable cables too, but i'm a little spectacular about the sound isolation of the A3 considering its ergonomics, what do you think? i will be using it mostly outdoors

I use the A3 outdoors primarily, isolation is not bad. I'd rather trade for a more airy and detailed sound for slightly less noise isolation. The port on the A3 is very small, much smaller than the H3 that it replaced before it.

Jun 21, 2015 at 2:13 AM Post #41 of 233
Will i need to pair it with an Amp as everyone is talking about Z3 that an amp is a must to drive it, considering how the Z3 and A3 are similar do you think i will need an Amp? or the Xperia Z2 will do just fine driving the A3 "i'm a little doubtful as i see all the ads of the A3 combined with the PHA3 Amp!"

Jun 21, 2015 at 2:43 AM Post #42 of 233
Will i need to pair it with an Amp as everyone is talking about Z3 that an amp is a must to drive it, considering how the Z3 and A3 are similar do you think i will need an Amp? or the Xperia Z2 will do just fine driving the A3 "i'm a little doubtful as i see all the ads of the A3 combined with the PHA3 Amp!"

I used to own a Z2 and imo its a horrible dap. I recommend just getting a dedicated player with a better dac and amplifier section and save your money by not buying the PHA3.

Jun 21, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #43 of 233
I just tested on the iPhone 5S and it drives them with plenty of punch, so I'm sure you'll have a great experience on the Experia. They sound effortlessly better through my amp (Micro iDSD + iUSB Power) but for outdoor use run directly from the phone I could easily live that setup.

Jun 22, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #45 of 233
I'm still confused between the A3 and the A2, the biggest problem is that i will be ordering it online without any chance to hear it or even to wear it to know if the A3 will be comfortable with this ear hook or not, any ideas about how comfortable is it compared to A2 "I wear eyeglasses"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back