Sony XBA-A2 need help/opinion
May 11, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #16 of 233

It's a Japanese import that most folks have not heard. If you listen to them and compare with many of the well known and well reviewed IEM on this site it is clear....pun intended...that these are worth  their asking price (unlike many others) and were the best execution based on this body design and driver config that Sony made. I made a vid of me hunting for my favorites based on clarity and bass. I walked out with these and came on here and had to add it to the list (it wasn't a reviewable item...wasn't even listed) and then review it. That other threads have massive communities dedicated to more expensive and flawed IEM is a group think lack of interaction. There is a very expensive and famous set of Shure that don't fare well when "A" "B" on a flat eq with the A2.
That's amazing.

"Nothing beats a personal listening experience"<<< That is often said and spot on. I never would have known of these from here and went in to the shop and heard the Shure,senn, ATH, etc etc and got sideways wowed by the A2. Then I started comparing everything to the A2 and it was a slaughterhouse of famous names getting trounced in clarity, mid to bass trans, highs.

Agreed. What amazes me everytime i listen to the A2 is the musicality. It just sounds so freaking good and smooth in all spectrums. I haven't been this WOW'ED in a long long time. People should  audition and grab one when they get the opportunity to. This is the best IEM sony has made in a long time. At present, nothing makes me want to listen to my music collection like the A2's. They are on a different level compared to many high end iems. I hope people can hear what im hearing. Just wow

May 12, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #17 of 233
So the consensus is that the XBA-A2 > A3? 

Damn... I ordered my A3 already :frowning2:

May 12, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #20 of 233
 I listen to Hip Hop, R&B,Classic rock and Reggae. For my Library which has a lot bass heavy stuff (70%ish) the A2> A3

Thanks for the response. Great video by the way, love the portable audio that Japan has.

May 12, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #22 of 233

Show some love
atsmile.gif

May 12, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #24 of 233
Just listened to Simply Red - Sunrise through my laptop > audioengine D3 > a2.. WOW! The anticipation right from the start to the bass lines to the echoes of the vocals then the main vocals  gave me chills. Once the A2 are paired with the proper amp it really shines

May 13, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #25 of 233

I listen to Hip Hop, R&B,Classic rock and Reggae. For my Library which has a lot bass heavy stuff (70%ish) the A2> A3

Can you describe the bass response of the A2 in a bit more detail please?
Specifically is it more sub-bass oriented or more mid-bass oriented? Or is it just a linear response all the way down to wherever they roll-off?

I listen to a lot of hip hop as well but also EDM with deep bass; so genres like DnB, deep house, trap etc.

Thanks

May 13, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #26 of 233

Can you describe the bass response of the A2 in a bit more detail please?
Specifically is it more sub-bass oriented or more mid-bass oriented? Or is it just a linear response all the way down to wherever they roll-off?

I listen to a lot of hip hop as well but also EDM with deep bass; so genres like DnB, deep house, trap etc.

Thanks

There appears to be no emphasis that i could point to on a freq graph.
It's why they jumped out at me in a massive shop where most were tuned one way or another. It played what was in the music. I'm a Hip hop head and used a Cayin C5 bass boost and it thumped but I might forget to turn off the switch and play a rock track but didn't notice. It's a clarity beast that happens to have a strong bass ability which was exactly what i was looking for.

Jun 20, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #27 of 233
I'm intending to buy the XBA-A2 but as i have seen its rated 32ohm does this means that i will need an Amp to have the best audio experiance, i'm intending to use it primarily with my Xperia Z2 phone and i don't like attaching a portable amp when outdoor. What do you think?

Jun 20, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #28 of 233
I'm intending to buy the XBA-A2 but as i have seen its rated 32ohm does this means that i will need an Amp to have the best audio experiance, i'm intending to use it primarily with my Xperia Z2 phone and i don't like attaching a portable amp when outdoor. What do you think?

I found that unlike H3 the A2 is easier to drive and it sounds great from my Galaxy S4. When amped the it does deliver a bit more clearity however the sound from S4 is good enough to enjoy on the go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back