Sony XBA-300 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Nov 2, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #121 of 326
That's great. Wondering if they'll attempt any more hybrids in the future.

Nov 2, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #122 of 326
If Sony releases a new Hybrid, I REALLY hope they angle the nozzles!! That would make them instantly more comfortable.. Even though, I literally just bought the Sony XBA-A2's.. Which I love by the way.. If they torture me and release another variant of Hybrids, I'll be slightly aggravated... Only slightly though.. Because let's be honest.. More Sony products the better.. I love Sony's house sound.

Nov 2, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #123 of 326
If Sony releases a new Hybrid, I REALLY hope they angle the nozzles!! That would make them instantly more comfortable.. Even though, I literally just bought the Sony XBA-A2's.. Which I love by the way.. If they torture me and release another variant of Hybrids, I'll be slightly aggravated... Only slightly though.. Because let's be honest.. More Sony products the better.. I love Sony's house sound.

Lol I agree with ya. I do most of my listening before bed so the H3 sticks out and I can't lie on my side. They are comfortable otherwise... but the ergonomics are something else.

Nov 3, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #124 of 326

Lol I agree with ya. I do most of my listening before bed so the H3 sticks out and I can't lie on my side. They are comfortable otherwise... but the ergonomics are something else.

To put yourself at ease, the XBA 300 is very small compare to the H3, the photo's shows a comparison with the XBA 3, EX 600 and EX 800ST, although I don't have the H3, I know the size.

Same as with the A, H and Z series XBA range, the XBA 300 does stick out, so lying on the bed is a no go if worn normally, you can wear them upside down and they will it totally fit flat in your ears, this is also good for those who intend to use  custom cable with a ear loop, or as you like it, sleep with them without any problem.   

Since the IEM are isolated with no vents, wearing them upside won't affect the SQ, and they are equally just as comfortable.

Nov 3, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #125 of 326
I really like the cube shaped housing for the XBA-300, it looks great and quite unique as well! 
etysmile.gif
 I just can't stop admiring the design and beauty of my XBA-300!

Nov 3, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #126 of 326

To put yourself at ease, the XBA 300 is very small compare to the H3, the photo's shows a comparison with the XBA 3, EX 600 and EX 800ST, although I don't have the H3, I know the size.

Same as with the A, H and Z series XBA range, the XBA 300 does stick out, so lying on the bed is a no go if worn normally, you can wear them upside down and they will it totally fit flat in your ears, this is also good for those who intend to use  custom cable with a ear loop, or as you like it, sleep with them without any problem.   

Since the IEM are isolated with no vents, wearing them upside won't affect the SQ, and they are equally just as comfortable.

Nice collection!

Is the X300ap a decent upgrade from the XBA-3?

Nov 3, 2015 at 6:38 AM Post #127 of 326
  I really like the cube shaped housing for the XBA-300, it looks great and quite unique as well! 
etysmile.gif
 I just can't stop admiring the design and beauty of my XBA-300!

I like it being transparent.
biggrin.gif

Nov 3, 2015 at 6:42 AM Post #128 of 326

Nice collection!

Is the X300ap a decent upgrade from the XBA-3?

I haven't come to the stage of burning my XBA 300, it's only been about 10 Hrs, but it already sound better than the XBA 3. consider the non AP version the SQ is little louder. 

Nov 3, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #129 of 326

Solid collection, cheers for the photos, the XBA-300 looks even smaller than the EX800 so that's good. Very tempted by these, would you rate these being similar to the EX800 in terms of sound sig? Mainly because I'd like to get something a little different for the collection.

Nov 3, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #130 of 326

Solid collection, cheers for the photos, the XBA-300 looks even smaller than the EX800 so that's good. Very tempted by these, would you rate these being similar to the EX800 in terms of sound sig? Mainly because I'd like to get something a little different for the collection.

Thank, I gave away my EX1000, but will try to get another pair later on, yes the XBA 300 is smaller, but slightly thicker due to the placement of the BA drive.
I have to bias on this towards the EX800ST, dynamic drives has always been my favorite, and for me the SQ on the EX800 is better, to me BA drives can never compete with dynamic drives if tuned right.

Nov 3, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #131 of 326
  Thank, I gave away my EX1000, but will try to get another pair later on, yes the XBA 300 is smaller, but slightly thicker due to the placement of the BA drive.
I have to bias on this towards the EX800ST, dynamic drives has always been my favorite, and for me the SQ on the EX800 is better, to me BA drives can never compete with dynamic drives if tuned right.

Very true, I've found on most of the BA drivers I've heard, they dont have the rumble in the bass and the warmth texture in the vocals of the EX800. Though I do admit to slight better definition in the treble over the EX800. Looks like I'll wait a little further, currently weighting between XBA-300 and XBA-A3, seems like the A3 is a bit more unique compared to the stuff I've got.

Nov 3, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #132 of 326

Very true, I've found on most of the BA drivers I've heard, they dont have the rumble in the bass and the warmth texture in the vocals of the EX800. Though I do admit to slight better definition in the treble over the EX800. Looks like I'll wait a little further, currently weighting between XBA-300 and XBA-A3, seems like the A3 is a bit more unique compared to the stuff I've got.

The good thing about BA drives is, they have very good treble, and can pin point even the very find detail, this what make BA drives bad as well, if the recording isn't very good, every little distortion can be heard, that was the first thing I have noticed when I first used the XBA 3, there were very fine crackle, just like a dynamic drive when they are damage or starting to give way.
It was strange at first that it started to crackle a bit when it doesn't use a thin film to produce the sound, had to pop over to the local Sony center to test there set out with the same results.

Also a BA drives doesn't produce the natural vocal that a dynamic drive have, that's why I like the EX series.

Nov 4, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #133 of 326

Gave away? Are you in a giving mood say now? 
tongue.gif

But you're absolutely correct. Nothing beats a well-tuned dynamic driver, especially in the bass department. That's why I'm quite into hybrids.

Nov 4, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #134 of 326

tongue.gif

But you're absolutely correct. Nothing beats a well-tuned dynamic driver, especially in the bass department. That's why I'm quite into hybrids.

If done well, multi-Dynamic drivers (with no BA added in the mix) can sound pretty damn good too.  Even with just two drivers, a dedicated woofer and a tweeter.

Case in point:  A real hidden gem of the industry, the Puro Sound Labs IEM500.  You can go check out my review of it if you're interested in how it sounds.  Also, there's a particular website (linked in my review) where it can be gotten for a PITTANCE of only $50, as opposed to the $130 it goes for on Amazon, which is just a STEAL, really.

Nov 5, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #135 of 326

tongue.gif

A friend wanted it so I gave it to him.

Have you tried the XBA A1, I was thinking o tryng it out, it's the only A series that will fit me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back