Sony xb500 vs ATHm50
Nov 27, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #16 of 18
I must be doing something wrong. I am comparing M50's vs xb500's and although the xb500's have more bass, I cannot equalize them to sound even close to the detail of my M50's. When I switch headphones it sounds as if the music from the xb500's is coming from inside a cardboard box.
Do you guys believe I may need more burn in? My xb500's have about 15 hours in them.

Nov 27, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #17 of 18
Even with equalization, I think you'll have difficulty making the XB500 rival the M50 in terms of detail. I love the sound of my HTF600s and equalizing it can make it sound closer to the sound signature I want out of it, but I can't pull more microdetail out of the drivers and I can't make the headphone sound much faster. There's a reason why the M50 is such a Head-Fi standby suggestion, because it really does offer a great amount of performance that the XB500 probably won't be able to match.

Quote:
I must be doing something wrong. I am comparing M50's vs xb500's and although the xb500's have more bass, I cannot equalize them to sound even close to the detail of my M50's. When I switch headphones it sounds as if the music from the xb500's is coming from inside a cardboard box.
Do you guys believe I may need more burn in? My xb500's have about 15 hours in them.

Apr 2, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #18 of 18
anyone got pics or can please tell me the diameter of both XB500 and ATHM50 ear pads? would really appreciate it guys, after all the threads ive read about these two i think thats all i need to pull the trigger on one of them. thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back