SONY WH1000XM3 - better than QC35 in noise cancelling?
Apr 7, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #1,561 of 2,082
I miss a little more volume in certain recordings from 60-70-80 and 90. You should have thought about this type of music, it's the one I listen to the most.

I am also very fond of classical music and with this headset many recordings are heard too low of sound.

I get the impression that these headphones are ready for the era of loudness war, leaving behind older recordings.

All the apps I've tried on Android to turn up the volume distort the audio. Do you know any tool to increase the volume? Thank you.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #1,562 of 2,082
I miss a little more volume in certain recordings from 60-70-80 and 90. You should have thought about this type of music, it's the one I listen to the most.

I am also very fond of classical music and with this headset many recordings are heard too low of sound.

I get the impression that these headphones are ready for the era of loudness war, leaving behind older recordings.

All the apps I've tried on Android to turn up the volume distort the audio. Do you know any tool to increase the volume? Thank you.

For me they are plenty loud, I have never been above about 70 for anything, even on a plane. This with an iPhone8

Apr 7, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #1,564 of 2,082
what kind of music do you listen to? if it is current or classic remastered discs do have a considerable volume.

It is all sorts but mostly classical (50%), jazz (20%) and blues (15%), the remaining 15% being anything, there really isen’t anything I don’t listen to. The volume of the albums obviously varies a deal but I’ve never exceded about 70% on the phone volume

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2019 at 5:47 AM Post #1,565 of 2,082
From time to time on my iPhone they have turned on in a state where the volume was not very loud. Restarting the headphones has always fixed this. Functioning normally they are always more than loud enough for me, even as someone who prefers fairly loud listening.

Apr 8, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #1,566 of 2,082
I listen at full volume all the time and I concur that with quieter recordings I personally require more juice, but I acknowledge that the majority of people in my experience do no listen so loud.

Apr 9, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #1,567 of 2,082
I want to equalize the sound on Android. I mostly stream music with Spotify. I would like to use the LDAC codec but my phone has no equalizer for Bluetooth headphones. Right now I am using AAC and equalizing with the Sony app. This way, everytime I open the app I have to go on the phone settings and switch to the AAC codec because on the default it always uses LDAC. Have you got some advice or workarounds?

Apr 9, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #1,568 of 2,082
I want to equalize the sound on Android. I mostly stream music with Spotify. I would like to use the LDAC codec but my phone has no equalizer for Bluetooth headphones. Right now I am using AAC and equalizing with the Sony app. This way, everytime I open the app I have to go on the phone settings and switch to the AAC codec because on the default it always uses LDAC. Have you got some advice or workarounds?

Sonarworks lets you play Spotify and use their built-in EQ.

Apr 9, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #1,570 of 2,082
You should be able to disable LDAC. In the phone's Bluetooth settings (not Developer options), in the list of paired devices open the settings (gear icon) for the headphone.

Apr 9, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #1,574 of 2,082
Anyone know if there's any hint of a version 4 this august / sept?
Sony would be foolish to allow any information to leak (affecting current sales). However, Sony released new 1000X models for 3 consecutive years and it's reasonable to speculate that an XM4 (or new model) is coming. The product announcements have been at the IFA Berlin consumer electronics trade show (a European version of CES), which is Sept 6-11 this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back