SONY WH1000XM3 - better than QC35 in noise cancelling?
Sep 4, 2018 at 4:09 AM Post #17 of 2,082
I've owned both the QC35 and the WH1000xM2 and the ANC on the Sonys was better. I often walk around the city with a podcast running at 50% volume and can barely hear anything. So I'd assume the Mark 3s would send Bose's ANC even further down the list. I also prefer the Sony's sound. I never really loved them though because the faux-leather ear-cups looked terrible, comfort-wise they were sub-par and their aesthetic was too understated. The new model ticks all the right boxes for me. The copper accents on the black version look super sexy, the improved ear-pads and headband would most likely solve the comfort issues and overall the headset looks more premium now IMO.

I sold my M2s during the weekend and preordered from Amazon immediately. The funny thing is that in Europe (Germany) the Amazon listing is not available when you search for "Sony WH1000xm3". It is indexed by Google though and that's how I found it. It says that the "item will be available on the 8th of September" and will be delivered on the 10th. If Bose (or Apple?) announce a better offering in the following weeks I still have 30 days to return them.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #19 of 2,082
Last edited:
Sep 4, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #20 of 2,082
Sep 4, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #21 of 2,082
I would be really interested in the comparison of audio quality between dt1770 pro and 1000xm3, it is clear that 1770 pro sounds better but i am not sure if its worth it to travel with it every day. And since i am unable to buy both of them i would like to know more. Alternatives are more than welcome.

Sep 4, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #22 of 2,082
I would be really interested in the comparison of audio quality between dt1770 pro and 1000xm3, it is clear that 1770 pro sounds better but i am not sure if its worth it to travel with it every day. And since i am unable to buy both of them i would like to know more. Alternatives are more than welcome.

I don't think they compare at all, one is meant for studio Monitoring and the other for commuting.

Sep 4, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #23 of 2,082
I am well aware of that but i am in a very awkward situation i use headphones both on the go and at home. I just want to know if the audio fidelity reaches at least 75% of dt 1770 pro. Edit: I am not educated in audiofile spectrum. The only headphones that i had were Philips a5pro which i loved very much but they broke down. I recieved my money back and since a5pro are not for sale anymore i am in a difficult situation.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #24 of 2,082
Its hard to quantify that. I use the DT 1770's bow and live them, and except that they are huge and require a separate adapter for BT. I compared to xm2, and the Beyers were obviously better. Sony has a smoother presentation, but the Beyers have a more lively performance. Cleaner bass and more pronounced highs. The Sonys are still better than most though, and worked especially well on acoustic songs. I'm excited to hear the improved m3. Hoping for some better base, clarity, and looks. They arrive tomorrow. I'll post my thoughts comparing these 2 heaphones tomorrow.

Sep 5, 2018 at 3:28 AM Post #25 of 2,082
The 1770 isn't ideal for commuting. They're relatively heavy and bulky, and they need adequate amplification to sound good. Maybe not ideal straight out of a phone.

Sep 5, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #27 of 2,082
The 1770 isn't ideal for commuting. They're relatively heavy and bulky, and they need adequate amplification to sound good. Maybe not ideal straight out of a phone.

So that's what I use. I'm at the gym now doing cardio with the 1770's and my ES 100 adapter, which drives them great. The v30 also drives them just fine, though the amp has to be engaged to make them fully come alive. They sound amazing, but you are correct that they are bulky. The separate adapter adds a bit of clunkiness as well, which is why I'm interested in the Sonys. Excited to compare later today.

Sep 5, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #28 of 2,082
Hello everyone. I'm in need of those kind of headphones due to my sickness. (ME/CFS).
I have no experience of them Before. so the question is which one do you Think is best for me?

I will NOT listen to Music, so I don't care about the sound quality. I will use them mainly to have silence around me when I'm outside my home. (very soundsensitive).

I've read about XM3, they say they are more quiet than the Bose 35 ii. But I need comfortable headphones to. Any experiense on the new XM3, are they more comfortable than XM2?

The XM3 with the larger batterylife and the USB-C seems more appealing..
Any suggestions?

Sep 5, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #29 of 2,082
Last edited:
Sep 6, 2018 at 1:54 AM Post #30 of 2,082
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back