Sony WH-1000XM5 Wireless Noise Cancelling
Nov 14, 2023 at 4:39 AM Post #541 of 575
FYI
1699954736551.png

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #543 of 575
Looks like a new toy has just landed…very different from my former WHH900N I had before… ANC is top notch but I think some equalizer tuning has to be done. Absolutely love the midnight blue color,it’s really beautiful!
IMG_4916.jpeg

Nov 19, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #544 of 575
Looks like a new toy has just landed…very different from my former WHH900N I had before… ANC is top notch but I think some equalizer tuning has to be done. Absolutely love the midnight blue color,it’s really beautiful!
IMG_4916.jpeg
Enjoy! For me the EQ is very easy, just bumping up the 16k by a few notches and 6.3k by a little gives it some more air which is enough for my ears :)

Nov 27, 2023 at 4:53 AM Post #545 of 575
I saw these for $200 on Black Friday, so I decided to pick one of these up as a gym / workout headphone. Currently using the Apple AirPods Pro 2 (IEM) and Sony WH-1000XM3 (which I got for $100 also on Black Friday many years ago) as workout headphone.

How is the durability of these Sony WH-1000XM5? Quite suprisingly, the Sony WH-1000XM3 still works like new despite using it as a gym / workout headphone for all these years. I really don't care if breaks since it was only $200, but I'm still interested to know if it has the same durability as it's older brother, the WH-1000XM3.

Nov 27, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #546 of 575
I saw these for $200 on Black Friday, so I decided to pick one of these up as a gym / workout headphone. Currently using the Apple AirPods Pro 2 (IEM) and Sony WH-1000XM3 (which I got for $100 also on Black Friday many years ago) as workout headphone.

How is the durability of these Sony WH-1000XM5? Quite suprisingly, the Sony WH-1000XM3 still works like new despite using it as a gym / workout headphone for all these years. I really don't care if breaks since it was only $200, but I'm still interested to know if it has the same durability as it's older brother, the WH-1000XM3.
There is a high chance that these can break with gym use. Sony specifically says that this unit is not waterproof and sweat proof. Why not use the AirPods Pro 2 for the gym? That’s why I have mine, but yeah I’d be careful with the XM5s. Because there is no fixing a corroded NC mic or motherboard.

Feb 10, 2024 at 11:27 AM Post #550 of 575
I don’t think the XM5 can process USB hires data directly. Some of the higher end headphones can do this, like Focal, Bowers and Wilkins and Bang and Olfson.
Not many folks listen this way, but it’ll allow you to experience 24/196 audio. My point is, that the internal workings of the headphones, probably couldn’t take real advantage of the extra frequency. You may hear some improvements, but not like a true high end rig…

Feb 26, 2024 at 1:34 PM Post #551 of 575
The no EQ sound is not the same as the 0 EQ sound in the first place.

Myself I found that slight adjustments work best. This is what I'm using at the moment:

Clear Bass: -1 (can be -3 to 0, but I start finding 0 to be boomy)
+1 +1 +1 0 +5

16 kHz to +5 doesn't make the sound too harsh or something.
hi, how's it going? I’ve been using my xm5 for less than a month, but I’ve already listened to more than 150 hours, experimented a lot with eq, tried it myself and presets from different bloggers, and yours too. No offense, but all this spoils the sound, every small change destroys the sound picture, makes it flat. I came to the conclusion that the best eq setting is OFF) At first I missed a little treble, but over time my ears got used to the signature xm5, now I find their sound amazing. I never took dsee seriously, but I was wrong, it gives the bass both elasticity and clarity, the treble is also brighter, and in general more similar to what I hear through a wire.

Feb 26, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #552 of 575
hi, how's it going? I’ve been using my xm5 for less than a month, but I’ve already listened to more than 150 hours, experimented a lot with eq, tried it myself and presets from different bloggers, and yours too. No offense, but all this spoils the sound, every small change destroys the sound picture, makes it flat. I came to the conclusion that the best eq setting is OFF) At first I missed a little treble, but over time my ears got used to the signature xm5, now I find their sound amazing. I never took dsee seriously, but I was wrong, it gives the bass both elasticity and clarity, the treble is also brighter, and in general more similar to what I hear through a wire.

I now use a totally different EQ.

Screenshot_20240226_213817_Headphones.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #553 of 575
I now use a totally different EQ.

Wow, you won't believe this, but I used the same one when I made my own. But I’ve been using eq off, dsee on for several days, maybe I’m used to it, but now I really like the soft but dense low frequencies, any attempts to influence eq immediately destroy this synergy, there is only one speaker for all frequencies. I have accepted these headphones for what they are and it brings me joy in listening

Feb 26, 2024 at 3:00 PM Post #554 of 575
Wow, you won't believe this, but I used the same one when I made my own. But I’ve been using eq off, dsee on for several days, maybe I’m used to it, but now I really like the soft but dense low frequencies, any attempts to influence eq immediately destroy this synergy, there is only one speaker for all frequencies. I have accepted these headphones for what they are and it brings me joy in listening

I tried EQ off too, but the EQ I use helps giving some way to the subs to be heard better.

I also tried the XM4s, a friend has them. The XM5s are definitely cleaner sounding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back