Sony WH-1000XM5 Wireless Noise Cancelling
Mar 11, 2024 at 1:18 PM Post #571 of 576
hi, how's it going? I’ve been using my xm5 for less than a month, but I’ve already listened to more than 150 hours, experimented a lot with eq, tried it myself and presets from different bloggers, and yours too. No offense, but all this spoils the sound, every small change destroys the sound picture, makes it flat. I came to the conclusion that the best eq setting is OFF) At first I missed a little treble, but over time my ears got used to the signature xm5, now I find their sound amazing. I never took dsee seriously, but I was wrong, it gives the bass both elasticity and clarity, the treble is also brighter, and in general more similar to what I hear through a wire.
I only have 37 hours on mine. Tried a few of the stock eq settings and they sounded fun but I like what I'm hearing with eq off too.

Mar 11, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #572 of 576
Been out the loop for a bit, are we still expecting the XM6 this year?
Per release schedule, yes. If Sony will follow the 2 year trend we should see them this summer.

I REALLY hope that they focus on sound quality and improve it further, improve not only the basic frequency response but actual technicalities too. Honestly I would kill for a wireless MDR-Z1R/ give us a premium Sony wireless headphone to compete against the Bathys, Dali iO12 etc

Mar 12, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #574 of 576
:L3000:

Screenshot-20240312-141349-Headphones.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back