Sony WF-1000XM5
Dec 23, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #916 of 1,058
Dec 23, 2023 at 2:19 PM Post #917 of 1,058
Are these one of the most neutral sounding earbuds that I can get? Or any other options that I should take a look?
I find the Airpods Pro (V1) to be more neutral than XM5, haven't tried the V2 yet, I also like the XM5 for its fun V-shaped sound and the sound is holorgraphic too for a TWS, it is like the Focal Radiance of TWS IEMs IMHO :slight_smile:

Dec 24, 2023 at 4:31 AM Post #919 of 1,058
Just picked up these.
I much prefer this tuning over the Airpods Pro 2. I also finding it weird that the ANC and passive isolation are much much better than the Airpods, which seems to go against the general consensus.

One nice surprise that I found, is that on my PC, which has a motherboard with bluetooth incuding a giant antenna, both AAC and LDAC have 0 latency. Seriously how do this buds manage to have as much latency as my Sennheiser Momentum 4 with an APTX adaptive dongle? It's so weird.

The thing I have against it is that the tips are expensive as hell, specially considering they're disposible.

On that note, what's the best silicone tip with a filter for these?

EDIT: On the latency part: I tested this by firing up Team Fortress 2 and firing some shots, so it was Windows doing any compensation or anything. I also confirmed with Call of Duty Mobile on my Iphone 14

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2023 at 4:52 AM Post #921 of 1,058
Just picked up these.
I much prefer this tuning over the Airpods Pro 2. I also finding it weird that the ANC and passive isolation are much much better than the Airpods, which seems to go against the general consensus.

One nice surprise that I found, is that on my PC, which has a motherboard with bluetooth incuding a giant antenna, both AAC and LDAC have 0 latency. Seriously how do this buds manage to have as much latency as my Sennheiser Momentum 4 with an APTX adaptive dongle? It's so weird.

The thing I have against it is that the tips are expensive as hell, specially considering they're disposible.

EDIT: On the latency part: I tested this by firing up Team Fortress 2 and firing some shots, so it was Windows doing any compensation or anything. I also confirmed with Call of Duty Mobile on my Iphone 14

On non-real time applications, the apps run with a delay (ex. plays the video with a delay), representing this latency. If you'll try playing a game or something, you'll notice the latency right away.

Dec 24, 2023 at 4:58 AM Post #922 of 1,058
On non-real time applications, the apps run with a delay (ex. plays the video with a delay), representing this latency. If you'll try playing a game or something, you'll notice the latency right away.
But that exactly what I said. With Team Fortress 2 at 120hz, there's not difference beetween this and the Momentum 4 with Aptx Adaptive in low latency.

Dec 24, 2023 at 5:50 AM Post #924 of 1,058
More open ,sounds bigger, not neutral, Sony sound signature
To me it is definately more towards neutral than the XM4. I actually found the XM4 to be more like the Sony sound sig than the XM5

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2023 at 9:56 AM Post #927 of 1,058
When i say sony signature i mean the latest with the 1zm2 for exemple, organic but bigger and more air, not the 1z og
Ah. Can’t comment on that as I have only heard the older Sony OS based daps

Dec 24, 2023 at 7:42 PM Post #928 of 1,058
Anyone here use or know of silicon triple flange tips? In my searches so far I haven't encountered any. I got some black flimsy ones but I was hoping to find some with a little more sturdiness.

Dec 25, 2023 at 4:32 AM Post #929 of 1,058
Just picked up these.

Spinfit CP100 or Azla MAX with wax filters

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01B793SLU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AZLA-Sedna...-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2023 at 4:35 AM Post #930 of 1,058
Thought he said above he's seeing no latency when gaming on his PC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back