Sony WF-1000XM5
Dec 9, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #901 of 1,056
Hi. The stock tips on the xm5s are horrible. Now i use some spinfits. But they keep falling off. I almost lost them in the snow on a mountain hiking . Luckily they where under my beanie/hat. Anyone have recomandations for some tip that stay in place? 😃

Dec 9, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #902 of 1,056
You'll have to contact sony for original ones, as I don't see them available on their spare parts site. Or maybe another member will sell their spares.

Here's a couple aftermarket I saved on amazon.

Tennmak https://a.co/d/5St5oCa

Ear Tips with Dust Mesh for Sony WF-1000XM5 S M L https://a.co/d/5nrwcnT
Only the 2nd set were available in UK, but didn’t fancy paying over £30 for them. Thanks for sharing though.

Ended up ordering the ones i saw on ebay. Only £3 for a pair so a relatively small gamble. I think they do come with wax guard. Will feedback once I receive them

Dec 9, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #903 of 1,056
Hi. The stock tips on the xm5s are horrible. Now i use some spinfits. But they keep falling off. I almost lost them in the snow on a mountain hiking . Luckily they where under my beanie/hat. Anyone have recomandations for some tip that stay in place? 😃
I use Final E

Dec 21, 2023 at 3:43 AM Post #905 of 1,056
O can report more stability in the connection with LDAV with Firmware 3.0
I noticed I now always have to go into the Developer settings to set the bitrate to best audio instead of best effort, where before the update it would just stick to best audio. Never been the biggest deal, but annoying to revert back to having to do that. Anyone else seeing that?

Dec 21, 2023 at 3:55 AM Post #906 of 1,056
use a bigger size?

Dec 21, 2023 at 9:07 PM Post #907 of 1,056
The Comply memory foam ones are what I use. Squish them dow, and then they expand to fit your ear. Slightly better isolation, too.

Dec 22, 2023 at 3:30 AM Post #908 of 1,056
The Comply memory foam ones are what I use. Squish them dow, and then they expand to fit your ear. Slightly better isolation, too.
Never found expanding foams comfy. Spinfit or Azla silicons for me.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #909 of 1,056
The main prob with the xm5s and xm4s, they rely only the tips hold the buds in your ears, one of the reasons Ive ordered the technics because the buds kind of locks in the ear so doesn't purely rely on the tips to hold them in.. Plus the xm5s are difficult to get out of the case with them being smaller slippier surface to grip and also the customisable touch controls are somewhat worse than the xm4s too.

So those are my main reasons for avoiding the sony's this time around and giving the technics a go... Apparently some people prefer the sq over the xm5s. So if thats true about the sq being on par or better then the sony's, the technics are a winner in all areas..? Accept the technics they are slighly bigger, but to be honnest I dont care how big they are if they will stay in the ears and are comfortable to wear.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #910 of 1,056
The main prob with the xm5s and xm4s, they rely only the tips hold the buds in your ears, one of the reasons Ive ordered the technics because the buds kind of locks in the ear so doesn't purely rely on the tips to hold them in.. Plus the xm5s are difficult to get out of the case with them being smaller slippier surface to grip and also the customisable touch controls are somewhat worse than the xm4s too.

So those are my main reasons for avoiding the sony's this time around and giving the technics a go... Apparently some people prefer the sq over the xm5s. So if thats true about the sq being on par or better then the sony's, the technics are a winner in all areas..? Accept the technics they are slighly bigger, but to be honnest I dont care how big they are if they will stay in the ears and are comfortable to wear.
I followed the Sony instructions and don't have an issue getting them out. I push them to the side with just my index finger and it releases from the magnet.

i0210_wf1000xm5.png

I do find the XM4 more comfortable as they sit better in my ear. The AZ80 does indeed fit better than both.

The sound quality on the AZ80 would be considered better. But the sound signature is very different for both and better quality doesn't equal more enjoyable.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #912 of 1,056
LDAC has stopped working on my WF1000XM5s. Both my Samsung A53 phone and S9 tablet still play LDAC to my Shanling and Xduoo DAC/amps. The Bluetooth Codec Changer app does not list LDAC in 'device supported codecs' (it's still listed in 'phone supported codecs'), and LDAC is greyed out in developer options.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Dec 23, 2023 at 6:21 AM Post #913 of 1,056

The xm5 is much better sounding than xm4, the xm5 is pure sony house sound, the xm4 tries but fails

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back