Sony WF-1000XM5
Aug 14, 2023 at 7:46 AM Post #346 of 1,039
CP360 are best for me ☺️Just don’t put them over the edge of the xm bore. As such they can still bend in your ear canal.

Aug 15, 2023 at 5:29 AM Post #347 of 1,039

If I wanted out of this hobby I'd be happy to just stick with my S23+ 256GB and the WF-1000XM5!🫨
That‘s high praise indeed. Although an ”audiophile“ might think ”huh, go figure“ regarding TWSs. However, I can relate to your statement, since in case of recordings that provide deep emotional involvement to me I can listen even on a kitchen radio and be moved every time.

Aug 15, 2023 at 5:39 AM Post #348 of 1,039
Hello, in consideration of the time elapsed and the numerous tests carried out, can any of you tell me if the maximum volume level is acceptable? Unfortunately I noticed that the TWS always tend to have it very low for me due to the limitations imposed by Android, without being able to use external DACs. Thank you

Aug 15, 2023 at 5:41 AM Post #349 of 1,039
Hello, in consideration of the time elapsed and the numerous tests carried out, can any of you tell me if the maximum volume level is acceptable? Unfortunately I noticed that the TWS always tend to have it very low for me due to the limitations imposed by Android, without being able to use external DACs. Thank you

It's not really about Android limitation. Buds have their own DAC (the digital to sound part), so the maximum volume depends entirely on the buds.

Aug 15, 2023 at 5:51 AM Post #350 of 1,039
Yes sure indeed. Do you think it's still at a high level? So far I've found that only Pixel Buds Pro have high maximum volume (I recently tried Bose QuietComfort Earbuds 2, ASTELL and KERN UW 100, Huawei Freebuds 5i, HONOR EARBUDS 3 pro and all low volume for me ☹️). I still think I'm not deaf 😜 Thank you

Aug 15, 2023 at 5:51 AM Post #351 of 1,039
That‘s high praise indeed. Although an ”audiophile“ might think ”huh, go figure“ regarding TWSs. However, I can relate to your statement, since in case of recordings that provide deep emotional involvement to me I can listen even on a kitchen radio and be moved every time.
Yep, the hobby often seems about how resolving/analytical you can listen to the audio file.

For pure enjoyment of the music, the XM5 and a source using BT LDAC660 or LDAC990 is perfectly fine.

Aug 15, 2023 at 5:52 AM Post #352 of 1,039

I'm only listening at just over half volume out of my S23+ or Japanese import Sony A307 with WF-1000XM5. My Fiio BTR7 will go much louder (ear damaging) but then your plugging in IEM's or Headphones into it.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2023 at 9:34 AM Post #353 of 1,039
After using them for a couple weeks, these are definitely my favorite tws headphones I've used. They are the perfect mix of fun but still analytical and great detail retrieval. Coming from the Beats Fit Pro, they are more calm in the sub-bass but still pack a punch. The Final ZE3000 are more balanced but I want my daily driver to be more fun and lively (the Final also doesn't have NC which is essential for me). Mids and vocals are great and don't get drowned out. I noticed on some tracks the highs are a bit hot but it wasn't painful, just noticeable. The NC, it's very well done. Better than the Beats and I would say on par or better than the Airpods Pro 2 (included foam tips really work well). I thought the included tips didn't work for me at first, but then I realized I was using one size too small and am now using the Large size and work perfectly. Never have been a fan of the touch controls but it's not a deal breaker because it works well for what it is. Glossy texture can be annoying at times but haven't dropped them yet which is good. Multi-point connection works surprisingly well and fast with my iPhone and Windows PC. Overall very happy with them and hope Sony doesn't blow them up with a software update down the road! :sweat_smile:

Aug 15, 2023 at 11:55 PM Post #354 of 1,039
Wow, got these 2 days ago, only really started using them last night and this morning. Hooked up to my fiio M15 was real happy, large ear tips created a perfect seal, sounded great! LDAC quality priority mode set, all good. Updated to 2.01 today. Absolutely killed the connection. Unusable now with full bit rate in quality priority mode. Way to go Sony!! So pissed!

Aug 16, 2023 at 5:06 AM Post #355 of 1,039
Hey guys,

What would be the way to migrate from an M15 to an M15s. I’d want to keep all my play lists.

******* edit, wrong thread ********

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2023 at 7:19 AM Post #356 of 1,039
Aug 16, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #357 of 1,039
I'm only listening at just over half volume out of my S23+ or Japanese import Sony A307 with WF-1000XM5. My Fiio BTR7 will go much louder (ear damaging) but then your plugging in IEM's or Headphones into it.
The s23 ultra i have is a very fine piece of kit for music I agree coupled with my BTR5 all other DAPS, just seem redundant….. sometimes I look at my Sony A306 and go hmm do I really need it

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #358 of 1,039
The s23 ultra i have is a very fine piece of kit for music I agree coupled with my BTR5 all other DAPS, just seem redundant….. sometimes I look at my Sony A306 and go hmm do I really need it
I know what you mean.

S23+ with BTR7 + IEM or using with my new XM5's.

Aug 16, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #359 of 1,039
I know what you mean.

S23+ with BTR7 + IEM or using with my new XM5's.
Going to look into the BTR7 going by the sound quality of my BTR5 I know it will be great

Users who are viewing this thread

Back