Sony WF-1000XM5
Jul 31, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #136 of 1,039
Must be my old ass eyes, it looks like the same hue to me lol.

They should definitely release some special edition colours as they did with the WH headphones series. I would definitely consider grabbing another pair if they did.

Jul 31, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #137 of 1,039
It is so easy to drop these! I wish they didn't change to the shiny plastic.
Yeah, I have issues trying to pull them out of the case due to glossy finish.

Another issue: The ANC mic is picking up foot thump while running. It's being amplified and being mixed in with the sound coming out the speakers. It's annoying. I've noticed this with Bose TWS as well. The only one that I didn't have issue with is APP.

Maybe the cancellation wave of the footstop sound is not timed well to rid of it. Maybe too random, and not cyclic enough like constant noises like hums, etc..

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2023 at 2:45 PM Post #138 of 1,039
My XM4 and Linkbud S reduce aircon noticeably
My xm4 & xm5 both silence house and most of vehicle AC (and quite a bit of road noise).
It is so easy to drop these! I wish they didn't change to the shiny plastic.
Ditto.
Yeah, I have issues trying to pull them out of the case due to glossy finish.
I've found if I push them outwards a bit from the center they are easier to remove. It mostly frees them up from the magnet.

Jul 31, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #141 of 1,039
Or they introduce a new color later, like with the linkbuds s and the "earth blue"

1690829871250.png

Jul 31, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #145 of 1,039
What about sirens such as an ambulance? As an FYI, most states, including California, make it illegal to wear any type of headphone or in ear speaker while driving.
It's ok for the passenger though.:wink:

These would still allow those to be heard. Mid to high frequency can still come through.

Jul 31, 2023 at 5:06 PM Post #146 of 1,039
Last edited:
Jul 31, 2023 at 6:47 PM Post #150 of 1,039
how is the sound of the linkbud s can it compete with XM4
The S is leaner and less bass fixsated than the XM4 and I guess the anc is a little better on XM4 but I exclusively use the S as a sleep bud without anc with audiobooks so haven’t really explored them properly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back