Sony WF-1000XM4 Impressions Thread
Jan 25, 2022 at 4:11 AM Post #2,116 of 2,999
I've brought this point up once before, that foe me, the primary difference between iPhone AAC and say well implemented LDAC I feel that I totally hear the difference in the treble detail/extension. My issue with iPhone AAC in general is in the treble frequencies. Everything else is reasonably good, but the treble is where it breaks down for me a bit.
Yes I notice that as well when I compare the XM4 from my iPhone vs. Sony A55, but only in a quiet environment. When I’m out in ambient noice I’m unable to detect the differences and that is where I use the XM4. Inside in quiet environments I use my cabled rigs

Jan 25, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #2,117 of 2,999
Cheers both. Still trying to get my 2nd pair replaced through Sony this time as I get pooping sounds from the left ear only when using anc and ambient. The first pair just did it in the right ear. Don’t know what going on with that but the first few days on both they worked fine. And strange I got the same effect on both sets but in different ears. Not sure if this is a batch problem or not.

Jan 25, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #2,118 of 2,999
Does anyone find themselves using different sizes of Spinfit CP360?

On my right ear the L works perfectly, on the left ear the L doesn't seem to seal completely - often it doesn't even pass the Sony app test - while XL seals perfectly.

Jan 26, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #2,119 of 2,999
The stock tips for me I find I need large in the right and medium in the left. But the problem with the medium it’s not quite right seal as it Lets a little bit sound in but gets pushed right In my ear which feels better. The large tip seals better but is a real pain to get it to fit into my ear and pushes the bud out a little bit gives me a good seal so I wish Sony did a size in between medium and large.

Jan 27, 2022 at 2:31 AM Post #2,120 of 2,999
Hey all, been looking at these since release and finally decided to take the plunge! So far so good, one slightly annoying thing is that they are way louder on my iPhone than on my FiiO M15. Any ideas? Can’t really see anything trust should limit them! Everything else goes plenty loud on the M15!

Jan 27, 2022 at 3:42 AM Post #2,121 of 2,999
Hey all, been looking at these since release and finally decided to take the plunge! So far so good, one slightly annoying thing is that they are way louder on my iPhone than on my FiiO M15. Any ideas? Can’t really see anything trust should limit them! Everything else goes plenty loud on the M15!
On Android there is some trickery with dual volume controls that you have to figure out. I don’t remember the details but it’s in this thread somewhere

Jan 27, 2022 at 5:31 AM Post #2,122 of 2,999
As the comment above says, if you're on Android, you can try disabling Bluetooth absolute volume control, the setting should be under developer options if I remember correctly. Then you can set the IEM volume from the app and adjust the output volume on your player separately.
The feature basically ties the volume control of the IEMs with the output volume of the device so you don't blow your ears out.
Also, enjoy your purchase, I hope

Jan 27, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #2,123 of 2,999
Jesus Sony returns look to be a pain. If they don’t find a fault they charge u what a joke. And because the fault is intermittent I bet they just try them for 5 min and say nothing is wrong. I don’t know if I should try my luck with Amazon again as there still under the 30 days.

I have never had so much problems with iem in My life.

I can not be unlucky a third time surly as know one seems to have this problem and I have had this twice.

Jan 27, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #2,124 of 2,999
Jesus Sony returns look to be a pain. If they don’t find a fault they charge u what a joke. And because the fault is intermittent I bet they just try them for 5 min and say nothing is wrong. I don’t know if I should try my luck with Amazon again as there still under the 30 days.

I can not be unlucky a third time surly as know one seems to have this problem and I have had this twice.
You would probably have an easier time with Amazon.

Jan 27, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #2,125 of 2,999

You should have a yr with amazon if something's faulty. Thats the law with all retailers

Jan 28, 2022 at 12:27 AM Post #2,126 of 2,999
I've just purchased a pair of Sony wf-1000xm4, quite happy with them (anc is veeeery good, I like sony signature sound after some eq, better sound than my wife's AirPods), although i think i have to change the stock earpads.

At this moment and situation, I have to work at home several days a week, and use the headphones for talking with customers. Which is the best config for talking with people? Some people hear me quite far

Regards,

Jan 29, 2022 at 9:16 AM Post #2,129 of 2,999
I just listen to the music. If a product provides great music 99.99% of the time with an intermittent poof that's good enough for me. Some people want their product to be flawless in all circumstances. This is a difficult thing to accomplish. The Sonys provide great sound and features and convenience with an occasional bug. If the phones annoy you with their poof or because they don't offer a medium and a half size tip I suggest you move on to an earphone with better potential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back