Sony WF-1000XM4 Impressions Thread
Sep 29, 2021 at 12:10 PM Post #1,591 of 2,999
I sent a message to Sony about the hybrid foam tips starting to crack and they sent me a new pair without cost with really fast shipping too, sent it out yesterday and today I received a message that I can pick up the package at the store around the corner from where I live. Nice!
I'm just contacting them about the same issue. Problem is, are we going to need to replace the tips every 3 months?

Sep 30, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #1,593 of 2,999
I'm noticing a sibilance when using Audible that I don't hear when listening to music. Has anyone else noticed this and is there a fix?
Are you sure this not just the lower fidelity of Audible ?
I get some sibilance withh every headphone I’ve ever used to listen to Audible audio books

Oct 1, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #1,595 of 2,999
I'm just contacting them about the same issue. Problem is, are we going to need to replace the tips every 3 months?
Is it in which region? I wrote few pages earlier, contacted to Sony support in EU and they replied i have to contact local Sony services centers in Budapest on that issue, when i did services centers told 'it is not warranty cause'.

Oct 2, 2021 at 4:33 AM Post #1,596 of 2,999
Quick Look: Tuscan leather for your Sony

I have to confess, I have a bit of a fetish for cases. Fortunately this crazy hobby of ours affords me every opportunity to indulge in my case fetish, be it for storing IEMs and DAPs, taking gear on the road, or even covering and protecting individual items.

MITERXM4_01.jpg

The latter is my focus here, with the latest case design from South Korean start-up Miter. I've already had the pleasure of reviewing some of Miter's larger storage cases, most recently the Miter Classic, which is now the official keepsafe for all my portable gear at home.

So when Joey (the voice of Miter for us westerners) suggested I take a look at their new case design for the XM4, I jumped at the chance.

MITERXM4_06.jpg

The Miter Case for the Sony WF-1000XM4 (to use its full name) comes in two versions: PU leather, in a choice of three colours (black, navy and red), and genuine leather in a choice of three colours (Turkish Blue, dark green and peach pink).

I chose black PU and Turkish Blue leather for the purposes of this review, but little did I know how much thought and effort went into this seemingly innocuous accessory.

MITERXM4_07.jpg

For one, the leather case isn't just any leather. Opening the black storage box the leather case was shipped in, the first thing I noticed was a small certificate of authenticity from none other than the famous Conceria Il Ponte leather tannery in Tuscany, Italy. Turns out Miter sourced genuine vegetable tanned Pueblo leather for their tiny leather cases!

Structurally, the case is a simple two-part affair: a cover for each of the top and bottom sections of the case. The top part covers the entire lid of the case, while the bottom part has a cutout at the back to allow for easy access to the USB charging port. The two-part design also ensures the charging case opens fully without impediment.

MITERXM4_02.jpg

I can't say the PU leather case has anywhere near the uber-premium feel of the genuine Tuscan leather, but it's clean, simple and minimalist for those wanting less bling and more bang-for-buck (albeit the price difference between the two is a mere $5).

Both versions are very well made, the leather case exceptionally so. The fit is snug and the case won't come off with ease during regular use. The inside of the case is lined with a soft material that won't damage the scratch-prone Sony case, and the seams are cleverly placed on the back, so the facade appears seamless. Importantly, both cases don't interfere with the wireless charging function, and the case LED is clearly visible at all times.

MITERXM4_05.jpg

Closing thoughts

In my opinion, the XM4 case, for all its compactness, utility, and style, needs protecting. The matte finish is susceptible to scratches, fingerprints or worse when dropped or thrown casually into a pocket or bag.

Initially I bought a basic silicone cover to protect it for a few bucks off Amazon, and it did the job just fine. But if you want to add a touch of class, or better yet make a statement with a genuine Italian leather coat on your XM4s, the Miter case is an excellent, inexpensive and genuinely stylish option.

MITERXM4_03.jpg

Miter's XM4 cases can be found online here:

Leather:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09F5S2JN1

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B09F5S2JN1

PU:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09F5VP18J

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B09F5VP18J

Oct 2, 2021 at 5:02 AM Post #1,597 of 2,999
20211002_105859.jpg

And if someone is looking for a more budget-friendly option, $6 AliExpress leather case fits nicely and I dig the colour. For something that will get beat up in my bag, I think I maxed out my budget :)

Oct 2, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #1,600 of 2,999
You guys are dangerous. Here I thought my $300 purchase would be the end. Now I "need" a collection of tips and a nice leather case and maybe a thousand-dollar Walkman and and and...
Welcome to Head-Fi buddy 😂

At least you’re saving your money not having to buy an “upgrade” cable. 😉

Oct 2, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #1,601 of 2,999
Welcome to Head-Fi buddy 😂

At least you’re saving your money not having to buy an “upgrade” cable. 😉
….unless you’re also following the other threads…..then it may become much more expensive…..🤣

Oct 2, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #1,602 of 2,999
You guys are dangerous. Here I thought my $300 purchase would be the end. Now I "need" a collection of tips and a nice leather case and maybe a thousand-dollar Walkman and and and...
Delete your account and run, run, run 🤣

Oct 2, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #1,604 of 2,999
Oct 2, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #1,605 of 2,999
Have you guys come across any waterproof cases by any chance?

drftr
:) regarding walkman….as long as you have one which can transmit ldac it doesn’t matter as you’ll send best quality to the sony which have their own dac chip on board.

Sorry, wrong post quoted :wink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back