Sony WF-1000XM4 Impressions Thread
Jul 18, 2021 at 9:42 PM Post #901 of 2,999
I suggest buying a package of small medium large original Sony Hybrid tips, they have a similar core color scheme. Sometime you have to buy a cheapy pair of Sony IEM's to get them if you can't find a package. They will definitely give you a different less stressed fit. I personally love how they work with alot of IEMs including the newer Sony models. They are not foam but they isolate almost as well and I find supremely comfortable to wear.

Jul 19, 2021 at 2:17 AM Post #902 of 2,999
I recently got the set of sony. I was blown away by the ANC, however, the call quality was disappointed. Is it my ear, the volumes, I had to play pretty loud in order to get decent sound from the xm4. Also, I was using about 30 min and my left ear get a fitting issue. It's a beautiful-looking set of earphones. I guess I need to spend some more time with this xm4. But the fitting issue, I don't know how to fix the issue.

Does anyone have some fitting issues? if so, how did you fix your problem with this xm4?

Thank you

Jul 19, 2021 at 2:18 AM Post #903 of 2,999
I recently got the set of sony. I was blown away by the ANC, however, the call quality was disappointed. Is it my ear, the volumes, I had to play pretty loud in order to get decent sound from the xm4. Also, I was using about 30 min and my left ear get a fitting issue. It's a beautiful-looking set of earphones. I guess I need to spend some more time with this xm4. But the fitting issue, I don't know how to fix the issue.

Does anyone have some fitting issues? if so, how did you fix your problem with this xm4?

Thank you
Try switching tips. Sounds simple but so few people don't. Get some Spiral Dot tips. Worked for me. Sound will be better than stock too.

Jul 19, 2021 at 3:52 AM Post #906 of 2,999
Jul 19, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #907 of 2,999

Thank you
Call quality is not good. Multiple reviews show actual comparisons and sadly that is a weak spot. In my own personal use, my family tells me it's ok , Just does not sound as well as the others

Jul 19, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #908 of 2,999
Call quality is not good. Multiple reviews show actual comparisons and sadly that is a weak spot. In my own personal use, my family tells me it's ok , Just does not sound as well as the others

Been testing that a bit myself and zero issues while in indoors/fairly quiet environments.
I haven't tested it outside, so can't say much - especially with wind, always a challenge.

Indoors in quiet environments, zero complaints about the XM4 calls. I give it 5/5.
ANC is excellent by the way, I'm very impressed with that, good passive isolation+the hybrid tips really helped.
Beats the full size XM3 by a large margin. Still not perfect on the higher end, those cut through big time - as in all competitors.

Jul 19, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #909 of 2,999
Multi-Point is one of the few things the WF-1000XM4 doesn't support, the chip supports it, but it isn't used.
Crap, I guess I'll be keep my ear to the ground to see if they implement this. I've really enjoyed not having to reconnect to my phone after a teams call.

Jul 19, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #910 of 2,999
Been testing that a bit myself and zero issues while in indoors/fairly quiet environments.
I haven't tested it outside, so can't say much - especially with wind, always a challenge.

Indoors in quiet environments, zero complaints about the XM4 calls. I give it 5/5.
ANC is excellent by the way, I'm very impressed with that, good passive isolation+the hybrid tips really helped.
Beats the full size XM3 by a large margin. Still not perfect on the higher end, those cut through big time - as in all competitors.
BTW just to be sure everyone can hear and understand conversation during calls. What they describe is like I am in a small room there is some lack of polish in which certain words are much clearer,etc. Noise Cancelling, sound , etc no issue. I did even recorded myself with a Sennheiser TW2, M&D , B&W . Would say my voice sounded cleaner on M&W with both ANC On and Off. Use quiet environment. I think the tech on Sony has to be superior than the other firms as Sony develops their own chipsets, drivers ,etc. But I wonder if the bone conduction plays a part, just guessing

Jul 20, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #912 of 2,999
Got the Spiral Dot++ and really satisfied with them. The only thing I dislike about the XM4 is the call quality. It is sub-par honestly. People hear me better on my Jabra 75t which are almost 2 years old now. Hope they'll fix that with an update cause it's disappointing.

Jul 20, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #913 of 2,999
I guess most of the people have issues with the call quality. ANC is really superior, I'm working at the airport and it really blocks out airplane noise. (Not every noise but really helps my ear). The sound quality, I prefer Sennheiser TW2. (in my opinion). it fits perfectly but I can't use it for a long time. My ear gets tired and starting to get hurting.
I still need to spend more time with this XM4.

Jul 20, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #914 of 2,999
The "Comfort Foam Tips Powered by Supra" which were recommended earlier in the thread are a really nice option. I'm getting a clear improvement in bass and soundstage with the trade-off of a bit worse passive noise isolation. Imo very much worth it, together with treble boost and a bit of added clear bass this is now a very decent v-shaped signature with surprisingly good technicalities (detail is actually quite good, too, once you get rid of extreme treble roll-off).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back