Sony WF-1000XM4 Impressions Thread
Jul 21, 2021 at 2:15 PM Post #918 of 2,999
Hello.
I want to buy those iems but I don't know if they are loud enough.
They have 6mm driver inside 🤭
Loudness has got nothing to do with the size of the driver. Like with the XM3 I’ve never had a need to go over 50% volume on my iPhone11 Pro

Jul 21, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #919 of 2,999
I have the Master & Dynamic MW08 & the Bowers & Wilkins Pi7 in from a buddy on here for some comparison. Mine is for my fun first bc I'll be shipping my XM4 back with his stuff so he can do an actual review.

Only listened to the Pi7 and for a bit but going back & forth, the XM4 is the warmer of two definitely. Mids more forward giving it a more intimate (somewhat louder) presentation, where as the Pi7 is more withdrawn creating a slightly bigger room feel. The bass on the Pi7 is more detailed, a bit faster and more rounded sounding. All in all, still prefer the XM4 for the overall sound. Its a bit more lively sounding of the two. No EQ, No ANC. Pi7 using Apt-X and XM4 is LDAC.

Jul 22, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #920 of 2,999
I got the 1st Spiral dot iteration in today after a month shipping. I like these better than the newer ones.

Where and how do u see is the older type?

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #922 of 2,999
The original Spiral Dot will only say Spiral Dot on the box. Also, only the original comes with 3 pairs. Spiral Dot++ and SF only have 2 pairs in each box.
And as I recall only the ++ has colour coded stems whereas the original was all black though I no longer have any of the original to check

Jul 22, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #925 of 2,999
Sometimes my XM4 lowers the volume, makes a bling sound and then raises the volume again.
Can someone tell me why it is doing this?

Jul 22, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #927 of 2,999
Jul 22, 2021 at 11:19 PM Post #928 of 2,999
Listening to the M&D MW08 and it's a toss up between the two sound wise. Sound pretty much the same, with silicone tips on the XM4. Shame Sony went with foam/hybrids but it is what it is.

Also, on that note the AZLA tips started create a pressure, even after a short time. Remembered that the ePro Horn tips were mentioned before, dug through my tip collection and found one pair. Excellent all around.

Jul 22, 2021 at 11:36 PM Post #929 of 2,999
Listening to the M&D MW08 and it's a toss up between the two sound wise. Sound pretty much the same, with silicone tips on the XM4. Shame Sony went with foam/hybrids but it is what it is.

Also, on that note the AZLA tips started create a pressure, even after a short time. Remembered that the ePro Horn tips were mentioned before, dug through my tip collection and found one pair. Excellent all around.
Which AZLA tips Xelastec or Crystal?

Jul 23, 2021 at 12:11 AM Post #930 of 2,999
Which AZLA tips Xelastec or Crystal?
Azla EarfitLight Short. I got M, thinking that the MS might work better. AZLA does have a firmer silicone and run slightly large.

The Crystal fit ok, but the nozzle is right to the opening.

Listening with the ePro tips for an hour now. No ear fatigue and the sound is perfect. These are the tips to buy IMO. Not even the TWS version either.

ePro EP00

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back