Sony WF-1000XM4 Impressions Thread
Jun 10, 2021 at 5:59 AM Post #31 of 2,999
Yesterday, I made the pre-purchase but after your comments saying that they are quite dark, I have canceled them. After returning the WF1000XM3 for battery issues, I needed some BT headphones, but I think I'll wait.
Noble Falcon Pro sound good. No ANC, but good passive isolation. Do offer ambient mode, Aac and aptx. I bought them a few months ago, enjoy very much for tws, but also like having different iems. Thinking about picking these up cuz I can't fight it, lol. Will use mainly with my zx507 when I'm moving around, just like my Falcon Pro

Jun 10, 2021 at 6:25 AM Post #32 of 2,999
LDAC with my A55 could potentially be brilliant. Should get mine mid/end next week, don’t get released in Denmark until the 15th

Jun 10, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #33 of 2,999
Been using for about a day and they work great. I was considering the B&W PI7s but these seem to be a better open with LDAC. On my phone I also go into developer settings and set priority on quality on android. You have to do each time it connects otherwise it choses best effort (adaptive bit rate). As previously mentioned for portable wireless this is the best option at the moment.

Jun 10, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #35 of 2,999
Poof

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #36 of 2,999
* the famed "Hi-Fi Quad DAC" is OFF when the output is going to Bluetooth. The normal method of invoking the full capabilities of the DAC is to plug in some high-impedance headphones, but when you do that, it stops the Bluetooth. I don't know if there will be a work-around for that. Still sounds very good with the presumably gimped Low-Fi DAC.
The phone's DAC is inactive while transmiting via Bluetooth because the signal has to be digital. After DAC conversion it becomes analogue and is no longer possible to stream wirelessly. The TWS' internal DAC is used.
Noble Falcon Pro sound good. No ANC, but good passive isolation. Do offer ambient mode, Aac and aptx. I bought them a few months ago, enjoy very much for tws, but also like having different iems. Thinking about picking these up cuz I can't fight it, lol. Will use mainly with my zx507 when I'm moving around, just like my Falcon Pro
Due to feedback loop problems (a big no no) and a really crappy app (copeable) I would avoid those.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #38 of 2,999
Jun 10, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #39 of 2,999
Question for folks who are using LDAC Codec. As I understand it, LDAC is 96KHz / 24bit. Is that correct? This morning, when I went into my developer settings on my LG v30 I see I am utilizing LDAC, with 96KHz / 32bit. Anyone else see this? Any issue with this?

Jun 10, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #40 of 2,999
Question for folks who are using LDAC Codec. As I understand it, LDAC is 96KHz / 24bit. Is that correct? This morning, when I went into my developer settings on my LG v30 I see I am utilizing LDAC, with 96KHz / 32bit. Anyone else see this? Any issue with this?

So WikiPedia says that LDAC supports uptimes to 96k/32bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back