Sony WF-1000XM4 Impressions Thread
Jul 9, 2021 at 4:02 AM Post #841 of 2,999
No the A55 eq or other dsp features have no effect over bt, you have to eq with the Sony app on your smartphone as the eq settings are stored in the buds and then work regardless of what source is used for play back
Thanks NC8000.. That's the reason I only use my SP800N with my phone (S8 and Poweramp which EQ works) and only use wired IE40 pro or HD600 with A55.
But good to know that eq settings are in the buds... Thanks again

Jul 9, 2021 at 4:03 AM Post #842 of 2,999
Thanks NC8000.. That's the reason I only use my SP800N with my phone (S8 and Poweramp which EQ works) and only use wired IE40 pro or HD600 with A55.
I wonder how it would work on an Android dap

Jul 9, 2021 at 5:42 AM Post #844 of 2,999
You just install the Sony app and use that or keep the one internal on you TWS
Yes I suppose that the Walkman player is just an app on an Android platform and any other app could be installed so it is just like on a smartphone

Jul 10, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #846 of 2,999
This is really a nice feature: now my old zx2 is coming back to life. Setting the sound on my iphone for the xfxm4, it is stored and applied when listening in LDAC on the zx2😜

Jul 11, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #847 of 2,999
£20.00 odd off amazon uk for some reason both black and white. Can’t be selling well:p. 1-2 month wait but probably won’t be that.

Jul 11, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #848 of 2,999
I got mine yesterday.
I thought the stock tuning with the stock tips was overly dark, though the bass quantity was present.
I switched to sedna shorts and used the bright tuning, it started to sound better. The bass was a bit less though.
So after EQing they are perfect, surprised with the detail from a wireless, the staging, imaging and the bass quantity seem pre impressive. I can't wait to see what further improvements can come after this sound quality wise down the line.
Hey, would you mind sharing a link to those tips?

cheers,

Jul 12, 2021 at 12:01 AM Post #849 of 2,999
£20.00 odd off amazon uk for some reason both black and white. Can’t be selling well:p. 1-2 month wait but probably won’t be that.
From my experience, the XM4 are a fantastic TWS set. For comparison I have CA MT, ADV M5 TWS, Amazon Echo Buds gen 2, and a couple of Soundcore - Pro 2 and A2 NC). Are the XM4 perfect? Nope. But they are the first I reach for because they do so much well. If you can get them at a discount, I would say go for it. But, that is just me, and others might see / hear it differently.

Jul 12, 2021 at 3:01 AM Post #850 of 2,999
Just got refunded by Amazon right this second after dropping off Sony's at drop off point/store 6:15am.

Was hoping to get a 2nd FW update in the 30 days but not happy with sound and the ANC does next to nothing for me TBH.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2021 at 3:21 AM Post #851 of 2,999
Just got refunded by Amazon right this second after dropping off Sony's at drop off point/store 6:15am.

Was hoping to get a 2nd FW update in the 30 days but not happy with sound and the ANC does next to nothing for me TBH.
Then they are clearly not the right thing or fit for you so better to try and find something else that works better for you

Jul 12, 2021 at 3:29 AM Post #852 of 2,999
None exist in TWS form, hopefully someday.

No clue how anyone can find the Sony WF4's sound signature good and fit was fine with 3rd party tips be it little sore, battery drain a joke esp. on one side even with all features disabled that sue the R side more.

IMO overrated and plenty of comments on Amazon UK/US say the same for same issues.

Jul 12, 2021 at 5:38 AM Post #853 of 2,999
None exist in TWS form, hopefully someday.

No clue how anyone can find the Sony WF4's sound signature good and fit was fine with 3rd party tips be it little sore, battery drain a joke esp. on one side even with all features disabled that sue the R side more.

IMO overrated and plenty of comments on Amazon UK/US say the same for same issues.
I find the sq fine (with some eq), the anc excelent blocking out train/plane/bus noise when commuting and the battery lige fantastic (at least 10 hours with eq and anc enabled) so for me a brilliant set of buds when moving around and also fine with ldac from my A55 for cassual listening. They are not good enough for propper listening but that is not what I bought them for, so I’m very happy with them

Jul 12, 2021 at 6:13 AM Post #854 of 2,999
So I'm sitting in the passenger seat on a roadtrip, storm battering the car, yet all I can hear are the smooth sounds of St. South (https://tidal.com/album/146218847), and the occasional low rumble of the engine. Can hardly feel the XM4 in my ears they're so comfortable. I had a quick word to my wife (who's driving) and when the speak to chat deactivated the ANC I realised what a noise the rain and wipers were making. Five seconds later, back in my world of bliss. Say what you like, this is where the XM4 shows its real class. If there's better than this, with these features, and this SQ, for anywhere near the price, I'd like to see it.

PSX_20210712_120328.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back